“Nice stay”

The Three Corners Sea Beach Resort
Ranked #24 of 68 Hotels in Marsa Alam
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights from 01/05 2013 to 08/05, with my brother and a friend. During this period, there were not many people and the weather was excellent.

Hotel / Rooms: The hotel is clean as the rooms (well, except the space under the bed). Every day, we left a dollar for cleaning up the room, but not once did any towel animals :( The extra bed was awful, very noisy.
The view from the balcony - nice, we had a view at the pool, at gardens and at the sea. If you get a room on the first floor you will notice the cool acoustics :)

The food: The food was awful, the breakfast was the same every day: omelet, sausages-hot dogs, stale bread and a few other horrors. At the end I only ate toast with jam. For lunch, it's the same, every day there was spaghetti, some meat, etc. For dinner, every night was a night of "different cuisine", Thai, Belgian, Mexican, etc. However, you can be sure that in each of these cuisines you will find beef and the same taste.
The beer was good because it is out of the bottle (obviously the put them into small plastic cups).

The staff: The bartenders are usually friendly and if you give them a dollar - they will be even more :) Well, there was one exception, the men from the large pool bar, the boy was not interested by working and preferred texting and generally he was not pleasant.
Mens from the room service was always smiling and asked how is our journey, etc.

Pools: There is one large swimming pool, 2 medium (slides and playground) and two small. They are very nice (especially the big one), but shallow. In the deepest part of the main pool there is probably 1m50. You can also find a pool with 1m75 deep, it has a diameter of 5 meters. There is almost no music at the large pool, unless the animation team is organizing a game.

The beach: Plenty of sun beds, clean and nice. There is a small pier where you can swim and snorkel. The fishes and the coral are beautiful. In May, the water was not yet warm but quite nice.

Sports: There is a playground for pétanque, beach volleyball and beach football, however, you need to be careful because there are a lot of sharp stones. I cut open my foot and ankle, my brother his knee and our friend ripped his shorts :) (fortunately nothing serious in all cases). There is a water polo at the large swimming pool.

Animation: Animators are pleasant and the are not pushy. The only downside is that for any sport competition they select one of the team and the other team is selected by a kid. Children are children, so they choose their fellow-peers. Because of that you've got an adult team against a team made of kids... But I informed about it the animators and they promised to take care of it :)

I guess, that's all and that I helped you with my review :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank raca3
Fouad G, General Manager at The Three Corners Sea Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2017

Reviewed 9 May 2013

i stayed 3 nights at this resort . to be honest for what i have paid it was good only .they could give more specially about food the worst thing was the food . the same items on lunch and dinner for 3 nights was a very very small change .for the staff they were friendly but not doing there job professional . i had some problems in my room they were very slow to solve it toke 12 hours . and with out calling back to chick if its solved or not this how profession they should . well house keeping was good too nice clean room . the hall hotel was mostly clean . the best part i liked in this resort is the gardens i loved it . for a family holiday looks for cheap and nice resort i would recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 May 2013

my stay was ok at three corners in masa alama food was average and quiet repeat, my room was nice and clean, I love the beach and swiming pool is so nice, staff in hotel so kind and good and frenidly, animotion team okay, boys very kind and try speak russian with my family, Ekatya from Moscow city good dancer and so sport like, she make good streatching))))))))))))))))), one garl every day make butcha and vollybally shes belguim garl, smell bad of cigeratte and I hate this bad smell when stand at my lounger also she has no power and dance poorly.

Room Tip: room near aqua park, my chaldren enjoy and I can watche from hotel room, good room for famile
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank svetlana z

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Me and my husband, together with my sister and her family, stayed at the hotel from 11/04 to 18/4 2013 and we were all indeed so very pleased with our stay. It was the first time for us and the second time for my sisters family at this hotel. The rooms were larger than we had expected and they were perfectly cleaned every day. The staff at Front desk and Yasser at the desk for Guest Relations were so friendly and their hospitality was outstanding. We could not have been met with kinder treatment. Food and beverages were tasting very well and of high quality. When my husband became ill in pneumonia and acute astma (which he had had before we left Sweden,but we thought he had recovered from it) and I contacted Front desk for a doctor we had the doctor in our room examining my husband 10 minutes after I had been to the Reception asking for help. My husband was sent to The Port Ghalib Hospital and had to stay there for two days. He was given the most professional care we could ever have wanted. Now, back home in Sweden, he is completely cured and is not even coughing. The doctors and the medicine they prescribed cured him. All the staff at the hotel from security at the main door to childrens waterplay area asked about my husband with such a considerate and kind concern. We got advice from the man who guards the childrens water play area that my husband should drink a special tea called "Tilia". It has really helped him in his healingprocess. We felt so indeed safe and secure with that the hotel had a doctor who could be there 24 hours. And, Dr Ali, thank you once again, I have already E-mailed you about this, our gratitude to you. Maybe you saved my husbands life when you came so quickly to our room. You decided immediate hospital care because of his high bodytempereture and today, 12 days after coming home from Egypth, he is in better health than before we left Sweden thanks to you Egypthian doctors and the rest of the staff at the Port Ghalib Hospital, where you, Dr Ali, also works. Despite my husbands serious illness we had a very nice holiday. And, Dr Ali, I hesistate to say this, because I hope you won´t be angry, but my husband did go out snorkeling just two days after he had been released from the hospital. Anyway, it did not do him any harm. He was just so excited and happy over being able to di it. If there is anything negative I can write about our holiday it should be that we could only snorkel in one day day ouside of the reef due to the hard wind. Well, it´s Egypt! We have been to Egypth 8:th times and 4 to Marsa Alam. We know about the wind. But the snorkeling we had that one day along the reef was worth the whole trip. Thank you Three Corners Sea Beach Resort. You will see us soon again!
Love from,
Helena Fryland and Sten-Gunnar Johansson

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 6117 and 6119 and were perfectly satisfied with these rooms, partly because they...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helena F

Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

The service in general was good, the F&B staff were really helpful and the GM was very nice and friendly and the FB as well...
And for sure the animation team specially the girls.

The housekeeping staff needs to put a little smile,
The swimming pool was very dirty. And avoid the shops there they are very very expensive.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 23 April 2013

I just came back from this hotel after spending 10 sunny days there...

The hotel is not new, but in good state. Very swift check in... The room (top floor) was rather spatious, especially for a single person, with a nice terrace and reasonable bathroom. I think that there was no enough storage space (i was alone, and i am not exactly a fashion victim, so no much luggage), but only one drawer in the whole room and it was the drawer of the table. The safe is on the small side and i could fit my ipad only under certain angle. Be prepared to find your safe locked when you get to your room, but "the friend" of the bell boy will come reasonably quickly and explain to you how to put your own code. I like hard beds, and had no problem with mine, but if you are into memory foams springy beds - you will have hard time in this one ;) The bedding and towels are visibly old, but simingly clean. The air conditioning was rather noisy, so was the little fridge, so i kept them both turned off. The room was kept clean and arranged well by house keeping. The towel art was mostly tasteful, even though having flower pettals all over your bed can be somehow annoying :)

The food in the restaurant was indeed repetative, but rather tasty. For some reason during the 10 days there i didn't see any chicken being offered. I once saw "val au vente" on the menu and the one time the chicken broth being advertised turned out to be soup with beef bits in it. So if you don't eat beef (like me) you have to eat fish each time and the recepies were not exactly many. The great thing is that there was always fresh fruit and enough row vegetables. The drinks are on self service, which i personally prefer as you don't have to wait on someone to come to your table asking you what you want, or having too much attention from staff. I am sure though that some guests won't be happy about it, but suited me fine. One night i ordered the advertised sea food platter. the service was good (served by the restaurant manager), but i thought that all was overcooked and the lobster was from frozen.

The salesmen around the pool and the beach were actually rather shy in my experience. I actually had to search the for "Sea world" on my own in the diving centre. When i went there to require after a boat trip that interest me I was told that the one i want is not going to happen as they don't have enough people for it. Andrea, if by any chance you are reading this - send your salesmen out, make them sell those trips...
The only one approaching me on several occasions was the spa center guy. I love massages, but had to wait for his third passing by to get an offer i accepted. The full body, feet and face massages were great - recomended! :) Ask for Paolo - magic hands :)

The Animation team is multicultural and not too obtrusive. The nice Polish girl who did most of the talking should invest in some english lessons though. I know it is not her native tongue, but "gentlemens" is a silly mistake to make. She also encouraged some kids to walk "sexy"... For crying out loud how sexy you want 4-5 years old ones to be, and why?!

If someone from the hotel management is reading this. Next time you organise a dinner around the pool, please invest in some more lights (i am referring to the Easter dinner). Most of the buffet was in the dark, so it was a bit of a gamble what you will put in your plate. And eating fish with some bones can be potentially dangerious, if not just plain annoying in the dark. Good mark for the effort of decorating the place, moving all the furniture from the main restaurant and great deserts (they were in the light and had no bones) ;)

Main swimming pool is rather good size for the guests at that time and there were enough chaise longues around the pool and the beach, but have no idea how full was the hotel. There is a second (heated pool) with water slides and so on, where i guess mostly families with kids were going.

Overall, nice experience if you are looking for relaxing in the sun and snorkeling. Service was good, place was nice, but i don't think that personally i will be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I booked last minute trip to this hotel for one week as a solo traveler in April 2013. I didn't know a lot of Egypt or Marsa Alam before I arrived to hotel but soon I learned that this hotel is middle of desert and you cannot go anywhere from the resort area by walk. Well that was not really issue because there was a lot of program in hotel organized by animation team. Particularly
international dance show was great and I also enjoyed international karaoke evening :) During the week I took part to the trips to Luxor, Al Quseer and supersafari as well. As a solo traveler I meet very nice guests in the hotel from all around the world.

Rooms were bit old and when you opened curtains you could see dust everywhere. Cleanliness was poor. If you keep curtains closed you may not notice this..

I think I had also some communication problems with maintenance stuff.. I told them that battery of my safety deposit box was low (red light indicator were flashing). After this I found my safety box door open in two different days in a row. I guess that on the first day somebody has checked if there is a problem with the safety deposit box and on the second day they changed the batteries. Nothing was missing but I didn't feel comfortable because nobody informed me about the maintenance of safety deposit box. I asked why it was like that and received very confusing answer from the management stuff..

Management stuff in the hotel seem to be quite rude to employees. I saw couple of times management stuff to be arrogant to employees in the front of guests. One of the corpulent
bosses had angry face all the time when he was talking to employees. That is why I drop one star from overall rating and I would seriously consider if I travel to this hotel again anymore.

During my stay there was fantastic Easter dinner next to the pool. Variety of food was good on every dinner and you found always something to eat.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo