“The real comfort”

Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Marsa Alam
“The real comfort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

It is a very fantastic place to stay and enjoy the red sea with its beautiful beach in Abu Dabbab which is full of fantastic corals and rich with very beautiful colorful fish. All the team members are very helpful ,they serve you with a great smile. The animation team is great , they are very active and present great shows every night . I want to thank all the team of the hotel for my great vacation there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
AzzaHussein, Personal Assistant to the GM at Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear Ola,

We would like to thank you for your completed nice review on your recent visit.

It is always our intention in Hilton to make our Guests feel valued, respected and cared for.

Your positive appreciation is surely delivered to the hotel team members.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to your second home!

Yours Sincerely,
Azza Hussein
PA to the GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Our family spent two weeks in Egypt, one in Luxor and the other in Marsa Alam. Should anyone consider such a holiday, I could not recommend it more highly. It really was the vacation of a lifetime, and one I intend to repeat!

I was a little nervous, to be honest, of what we would find at the Hilton Marsa Alam because I am accustomed to 5 star hotels and I didn't know whether this one would live up to our high standards. When we first arrived, we were unable to drive up to the front doors and nobody came to greet us and assist us with our luggage. I thought we had made a terrible mistake leaving Luxor for Marsa Alam! Then we were taken to our room and it smelled musty. This was not a good start!

However, a few hours later, all that was long forgotten! As expected, this resort wasn't quite as elegant as the Hilton in Luxor (which was breathtaking) but what it lacked in elegance, it more than made up for in every other way.

The staff went out of their way to make us happy. Anything we asked for, we received. One of the keys to enjoying any holiday is to ask for what you want and this is no less true at Marsa Alam. It is worth making friends with the staff since they will bend over backwards to make you happy. It's a particularly good idea to make friends with the beach attendants because they'll save you prime beach chairs every day!

The food was amazing. I am not a fan of buffet style eating, so I was also nervous about the food, especially since this is a resort with nothing much around it. I needn't have worried. The food was amazing! Each day there was a different theme and each day the food was delicious, plentiful, and varied enough to suit every taste. My only criticism was of the house wine. I'm a wine snob and this one didn't cut it. However, I did find some lovely Egyptian wine, which I enjoyed very much (it just wasn't included).

The pools were lovely. I particularly liked the fact that there were so many pools, each to suit different tastes. For those who want to play games, listen to music, etc, there is an area for you. For those who, like us, prefer quiet places, there was a pool area, with swim up bar, too. We were staying at the part of the hotel that was closest to the beach and we couldn't have been happier.

Our room's musty smell very quickly dissipated once the doors were opened (I am guessing that it had been closed up for a few weeks). Based on other reviews, we chose to stay in a suite with a garden view and it was gorgeous. Don't waste your money on ocean views here. There's a fence that runs between the units and the beach anyway and the units are relatively far from the ocean so the view would not be spectacular from those rooms. The landscaping is such that a pool view is gorgeous. We thoroughly enjoyed our ground floor walk out sitting area, too. It was a pleasure to sit out and enjoy the ambience of this incredible hotel in a surprisingly private outdoor space. It was made all the more pleasurable by our lovely neighbours with whom we almost instantly became friends!

My purpose, in booking part of our holiday in Marsa Alam, was to enjoy some beach time and scuba diving. For this reason, alone, I would return to Marsa Alam. I have heard it said that the reefs in the Red Sea are comparable to the Great Barrier Reef. I have yet to dive in Australia, but I can say that the scuba in the Red Sea is as good as I've experienced throughout the Caribbean. I was particularly pleased with the fact that the incredible reef and multicoloured fish were so close to the beach that my non-diving children could enjoy the water as much as my husband and I could. In fact, my 8 year old son actually did scuba dive for the first time and, where I first experienced scuba in a pool, he did it in the Red Sea! What an incredible experience!

I think the piece de resistance, in terms of our snorkelling and scuba diving experiences, was the dolphin snorkelling boat trip. I have never before snorkelled with a pod of dolphins like this and it was breathtaking. Not only that, the food on the boat was absolutely incredible, and we were doubly blessed by a baby whale shark who swam by (apparently this is so rare that our hosts hadn't seen one in three years there).

My only caveat to anyone who is sensitive to cold water is that the sea was a little on the cool side in March. It was very comfortable in a 3mm wet suit but, for my boys (who are accustomed to an 85C pool) it was a little chilly. Next time, I'll take wetsuits for them (though you can rent a shorty easily, they didn't have full length suits for kids). I might also try to visit in April, May, or October, when the water is a little warmer (but not so warm that the air is stifling!)

Since the day we left, I have been counting the days until we can return. If only we lived in Europe, where the flights to Egypt are cheaper! Still, the cost of a comparable hotel destination in the Caribbean would be at least 3 times that of this Hilton so it all balances out.

Dear Hilton Marsa Alam, I miss you! See you soon!

Room Tip: Rooms close to the beach are probably best. No need to book an "ocean view". Garden view i...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Rachel,

It's an honor for us to see how much you and your lovely family have enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to thank you for your detailed great and positive review, appreciating your time and efforts sharing your experience especially, we are very much keen to take every guest comment into our consideration to keep our standards as high as you would expect.

I will definitely pass your praise to all hotel team members in which they will surely appreciate.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again to your second home!

Yours Sincerely,
Azza Hussein
PA to the GM
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Me and my friend decided to spent our summer vacation in Egypt despite the fact that all our friends were advising us reconsider due to the high temperatures. We nevertheless decided to follow our plan and went on a search for a nice hotel.

After couple of days searching, we have decided to book a trip to the Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort due to several facts:
- overall positive feedback on Trip Advisor.
- very nice resort complex.
- access to the see through a lagoon and not through a pier as is common in this area.
- coral reef with a colorful sea life.

I can gladly say, that our expectations have been met. The areal was always clean, not only the gardens which surrounded the individual houses but also the pool, lobby and the restaurants were always clean.

We were accommodated in the house # 16 with a splendid see view. The room was equipped with a combination of modern furniture but we loved the lamps which were designed in Egyptian look.

As I mentioned above, of the major criteria why we choose the hotel, was its access to the see through a lagoon, only a short walk away. This is not so common in the area, and during our search we have seen, that the majority of the hotels have piers, through which you can access the see due to the coral reefs.
I recommend to get to the see in the morning, 8 a.m. latest, as the later it is the more people will arrive. In the morning hours, you have the unique opportunity to experience a great palette of see life, all kinds of fish and even turtles. Really beautiful!!!

Within the resort complex, you can relax by 5 pools in total, all of them have various sizes and it is only up to you, if you will spend your time by the biggest, central, pool or rather choose of the smaller a more quiet ones.

All the fun is happening on the central pool, where the animation team is performing daily program in the morning, till lunch time, and then in the afternoon after 3p.m..
The team is very contact friendly and are happy to speak with the guest any time. Every member is specialized into various activities, be it aqua aerobic, yoga, volleyball or water polo.
I have to admit, that sometimes their job was pretty hard to motivate the guest to some activities, as the temperatures were around 40 C, but they never gave up :)

I would like to thank two team members of the animation team, Monika and Lori, who were always there for a good laugh and friendly talk during our stay. Thanks Ladies! :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

My family and I spent 2 weeks in Hiton Marsa Alam. Really good hotel for family vacation. Excellent service and friendly staff. A lot of bars and cafés. Very good attitude to children. Kids club,every day near the pool aerobics, yoga and so on. Mini disco and great show every evening. Thanks for awesome animation team, especially for Twist.
Wonderful sea with a variety of marine life.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Trevellerr
Marsa Alam, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I had So Much Fun, I Enjoyed the Hospitality & good Service in this Wonderful Hotel I recommend it So much the Best Snorkling Experience & Arabian Melodies in the Night Club AND THE tasty Food & Beverage

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I went on my holiday with my wife and daughter and spent one week in Hilton Nubian Marsa Alam. I chose this hotel because I read about Abu Dabab Bay.
The bay and the coral reefs are really wonderful , we saw several fish, murena, ray, and one day we were swimming with turtle , so it was great moment for us.
You can also relax on the beach if you don’t want to dive or do snorkelling all day.
If you don’t like sea you can spend your time at the swimming –pools, all of them are clean and
you can find comfortable sun beds under umbrellas.
Our room were perfect, enough place for three people and well-equipped , decorated in nice Nubian- style.
All member of the stuff was very very helpfull and always smile.
Food was really – really excellent , fresh and tasty . I would like to thank to Marsa Alam Restaurants’s stuff for their hard work , especially for Mr. Ehab Reda F&B Manager’s kind attention and thank's lot to Mohammed Said , he is the best waiter I have ever met , thank you Mohammed !
The hotel is made in very nice Egyptian Oriental style, I would make more oriental live music , but overall I can say this is one of the best hotel of the Red Sea.
Thanks, and best regards to Mr. Tamer El Ghamry Director of Operation , congratulation for the perfect hospitality !

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MrLaszloTorok
Stourport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I spent two weeks here in JUne 2014 with my partner. The whole holiday was fantastic. The staff were very very helpful which is not always the case with hiltons which are in City locations, Barbara was very helpful and after checking in as a Hilton Gold ember we were upgraded free of charge to a sea view room with a meal on the balcony.
The rest of the Bar staff were amazing especially Mizo who was located at our favourite pool always with a smile on his face.
The locations of the hotel is perfectly situated on a beautiful reef with amazing dizing and beautiful waters and sand.
The food was great with different resurants and theme nights although as with many All inclusive holidays breakfast were a little repetitive but this was no issue.
All in all an amazing holiday only negative point was the transfer time from Hurghada airport. Will travel to Marsa Alam direct next Visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple