“Professional dive outfit”

36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Professional dive outfit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

My wife and I visited the Iberotel Lamaya in Feb 2010. At the time their dive outfit Coraya divers did not have a separate listing. Below is what we wrote at the time.

The prime purpose of our visit was to dive. The on site dive centre Coraya divers was very professsional, although reception staff could be a little unfriendly and disorganised; the guides were excellent. They have two house reefs (north and south) that you can dive unaccompanied if you have 25+ dives. Marine life was abundant with all the usual Red Sea suspects, Lion fish, Clown fish, Masked Puffer, Blue spotted wrays etc. We even saw 5 dolphins at the end of the dive. In addition the dive centre run afternoon and morning speedboat and truck dives, with an additional option of day boat trips from Port Ghalib just ten minutes drive away. If you do dive, we strongly recommend settling up your bill the day before you leave as we found it very laborious and time consuming! This way you don't lose any time the day of your departure. If you return in the future to dive here you are eligible for a 10% discount which sounds like a bargain!

Visited March 2011
2 Thank Monkeys_Mum_and_Dad

• Polish first
Taastrup, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“One of the best Divecentre I have been at”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

If you desire a positive experience among high-quality workmanship and positive staff. And your personal requirements is safety, comfort and a feeling of being welcome. Then Coraya divers is the place for you.
A special thanks to my good friend Mounier, and all of you at the center
See you next year

Visited January 2012
4 Thank Kaj Falk L
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Excellent dive centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

I had a two week holiday at the Iberotel Coraya Beach Resort - jsut across the small bay from Coraya Divers.

It hadn't been my intention to go diving whilst on holiday - I have my PADI open water certificate, but I had only ever done 4 dives previously (the 4 required to get the OWD) and that was over 2 years ago. . . in a lake. . . in England. The thought of diving in the open sea made me very nervous. I was also alone for diving, which added to my apprehension.

I thought I would go and check out the dive centre on my first night, just because it was close and I had heard good things. From going in with no intention of diving whilst on holiday, 15 minutes of talking to the friendly and enthusiastic German lady at reception I was booked to do a refresher course a couple of days later!

The centre is laid out really well and you get a tour on arrival. Register with your passport and hotel details and you are free to wander - it's a laid back and welcoming environment, which was nice as I was on my own!

Want to dive? Go down the corridor and the walls have clipboards with all the locations for the coming days - separate sections for house reef dives, short boat trips, full day boat trips, short speedboat trips and specials. Have someone with you who doesn’t dive? Most trips have possibility to snorkel – it’s all on the clipboard details. Pop your name on the list and turn up at the comfy meeting area before the dive - that’s it! After your dive, you get your equipment washed and meet back up and the debriefing point on comfy chairs and get your log book signed whilst reading through the many, many fish identification books.

Equipment was all recent and in perfect condition. Instructors, be it German, Dutch, Egyptian or other were all excellent and spoke many languages well - which was handy as on one dive I went on, there was a mix of English, German, Swiss and another I couldn't quite work out! They are all very professional and just nice people too.

Particularly worthy of mention is Mohamed who took me on my half day refresher course - without his encouragement, I wouldn't have been brave enough to go on any of the sea dives at all!

I went on a couple of trips to other dive sites away from the bay, but my best experience was the dives from zodiac to the house reef. I did three house reef dives and it was brilliant every time. They do three or four a day I think and a night one every few days. I really regret not going on a night one. . .I could see the lights deep underwater from the hotel one night - I was jealous!

Like I said before, it's a really laid back environment and run exceptionally well. It was so good not having to go through a long process of booking different dives, paying deposit each time etc etc. . .which is what I was expecting. . . you just put your name down on the lists and pay before you go home at the end of your holiday - that's it! Brilliant. When I turned up for my refresher, I was given a key to me locker. Inside, my equipment was there ready for me. . and my wetsuit and bcd also - they judged my sizes on registration without me knowing - and got it spot on! This key was mine for the duration of my holiday - regardless of whether I was diving every day, my equipment was there waiting for me, but I only got charged for rental on the days I went on dives - again no hassle of renting different equipment each time I went on a dive over the two weeks. They are very friendly and trusting and this is what makes it such a nice centre.

On 'check out' before I left for home, we went through the bill (for a half day refresher course, half day boat trip, 4 other dives, equipment rental on 4 days and lots of soft drinks – a bargain in my opinion!) and I was given a membership card (with all my details logged on the computer) free car stickers and a dvd!

If you hadn't already guessed, I really loved this dive centre!

The hotel I stayed in was awesome too and I intend on revisiting both in the new year!

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Tom J
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
145 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 206 helpful votes
“Good Diving - Brilliant organisation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

This is a German-run diving shop, and the efficiency is awsome. When we visited it was height of the season and they were in full swing. They have loads of equipment, including computers (which you must dive with) and a number of intro dives, reef dives, shore dives and boat dives. The diving was good (but the recent windy weather had reduced visibility to 10 m). What was particularly good was they had their own jetty so you could walk right up to the reef and either swin direct from the jetty or get into one of their zodiacs for a brief trip outside the bath onto other parts of the reef.
Whether you are a novice or more experienced diver, I would recommend them

Visited October 2011
3 Thank Cairokid
UK
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Most professional centre we have dived with”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

We have dived with Coraya 4 times since our first trip there in May 2010 and will be back there in November this year. They are highly professional and a friendly fun team. The house reef has amazed us and each time we have been we have seen something we have not seen before. We have dived may of the sites available from the day boat and would highly recommend the crew on Toska who are so helpful. I have had back surgery so do not bend well in the middle which can make me a bit of a challenge when kitting up, the crews help makes my diving so much more enjoyable. Each time we have returned we have been greeted like old friends returning. We can't recomend them highly enough. We love the fact that you can dive early morning, unaccompanied and night dives if so inclinded.

Visited May 2011