“7th visit and it just gets better!”
Review of Coraya Divers

Coraya Divers
Ranked #6 of 48 Tours in Marsa Alam
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We have just returned from a 2 week stay at Lamaya with the intention of enjoying the company of friends and diving with he fabulous Coraya team. As usual we received a warm welcome from the Coraya team and registration was quick due to them sending the forms to us. True to form they had added new dive sites so there is always a new adventure to be had. We did a good mix of day boat, shore and house reef dives. We had too many highlights to mention, diving with friends we had met on previous trips was great fun. Favourite trips were Habily, Abu Saile, Marsa Egla trip where we spend 10 mins diving with a very hungry dugong. sightings included eagle rays on 2 dives, a tiger shark and as exciting a hermit carrier crab complete with several resident a enamels.
Interestingly Coraya have made some changes all for the better and are the most professional outfit we have dived with, can't recommend them highly enough and am counting the days till we are back in May.

1  Thank brochurequeen

Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

We dived with Coraya Divers for two weeks. The centre is well organized & structured, despite the many divers. The girls at the reception were there for us - some with more, others with less enthusiasm.
Because I liked the hotel we were staying at (Dar el Madina), I would consider to go back and dive with Coraya Divers again. But I would prefer, if until then, the following things would change:
- early morning dive starting way earlier (now briefing starts at 7:00, dive at approx. 8:00)
- some dive guide touched corals while showing us macro stuff. Divers who were too close to the reef or aswell touching the reef while taking pictures, were not told, not to do it.
- divers who don't know how to control their buoyancy and use the torch on night dives are a threat to the fish and reef. These divers should be approached by the dive guide... Didn't happen :-( That really needs to change!
- on each dive we had a different dive guide, which was a shame because in the end we learned, we could have requested to dive with the dive guide we preffered.
- rental equipment is very expensive, would be nice if the prices appeared on their website.
- on the trip to Elphinstone drinks and food are included. The food was nice and enough but drinks were not available in bottles, which makes drinking enough pretty difficult. There was a bottle in the salon and plastic cups to drink from.

Things which I find really nice:
- some divesites (Coraya, Koraffi, Elphinstone). Don't only read the description about the divesite, ask the people at the dive site information. They will tell you that the chances of seeing turtles or dugongs in Abu Dabab are pretty small nowadays.
- Nitrox and 15 litre tanks are for free.
- the crew at the jetty and on the boats is very helpful.

2  Thank Travelmonsta
Reviewed 29 April 2013

The large and well-run coraya divers offers diving as well as good value snorkelling trips. When we first wondered in we were given a comprehensive guide to what was on offer by a helpful member of staff. My husband dived the house reef in Coraya Bay and having snorkelled it every day, was pleasantly surprised by how deep it went and the difference in what could be seen. We both went on a snorkelling trip about a twenty minute drive away and really enjoyed this too.

1  Thank Dani M
Reviewed 26 March 2013

A big thank you to Coraya divers for some great diving. I have dived all around the planet and the setup at Coraya is the best I have found.Friendly and helpful,never aloof or bored as some places seem to be. A special thanks to Vicky for making me feel welcome. Go there you will enjoy.

1  Thank soapytf
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I am only a casual diver with 32 dives in my log book. I wanted to just do a couple of dives on the house reef and Coraya Divers were the most helpful and well organised dive school I have ever come across.
The reception staff were excellent and explained everything clearly. They sorted me out a box of equipment and went through the wide list of dives available. The equipment was top notch and the help getting set up and detanked was brilliant.
We had a guide for only 3€ a dive and was very proffesional managing to communicate to English, German and Czech divers at the briefing.
The check dive was well supervised and assistance offered when needed.
I felt really comfortable with this guide school and had a great diving experience. The prices were good and for the first time ever in Egypt, the price I was quoted was the price I paid. Everything is up front and honest with no hidden charges. You even get a 3% discount if you pay in US$, € or GB£.
Thoroughly recommended.