“Fantastic day out!”

Oceans Red Sea Marsa Alam
More attraction details
Owner description: Premium boat trips and snorkeling in the Red Sea. Our Port Ghalib/marsa Alam operation offers lazy start trips and also full day trips to Dolphin House (Sha'ab Samadai) where chances are great for swimming with wild dolphins! Join one of our daytime trips and enjoy some snorkeling, swimming or simply relax knowing you're in the safest of hands. On all our trips you'll sail with a crew who will make your experience one of fun and memories - often the highlight of your holiday! Exclusive to Oceans Red Sea is the "Mini B Experience" giving you the chance to have a go at diving using this easy, lightweight and small scuba system. Your excursion is an important part of your holiday, so don't risk buying an inferior imitation. If you are in resort either contact us direct or ask your local tour rep to book you on an Oceans Red Sea trip and you won't be disappointed. Often the highlight of your holiday, Oceans Red Sea provides those special memories to take home with you.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
England
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fantastic day out!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We booked our trip via the website for Oceans before we left the UK. On the day we were meant to go my husband woke with a bad throat & had not slept very well so was concerned about going out (he is not a confident swimmer) We went over to the dive centre which is based at the Resta Reef Resort where we were staying to see if the day could possibly be changed. Hosni was great - changed the date no questions asked - each time we saw him before the trip he even came over to ask how my husband was. Nice touch I thought.

The day of the trip, we were picked up at 10:15 from our hotel & taken to Port Ghalib. Our boat was the Princess Amy.

We were welcomed onboard & had to complete a quick form with all the safety things on & we provided copies of our passports as these were required (the hotel copied them free of charge).

After the briefing we had a 10 -15 minute journey to the bay where we would be snorkelling - Just as we were getting to the bay the sea cow (manatee or dugong) made an appearance & the crew started to point over the side of the boat so that we could all see it in the water. I knew that they were big but I was still surprised at just HOW big!!! It was majestic under the water & we were lucky enough for it to breach the surface for air.

Once the sea cow had swum to far out the boat was moored.

We then had another quick briefing before being taken in a small boat to where the sea turtles were. In we all went & swam with two huge turtles for what felt like 10 mins but was closer to an hour!

We swam back to the boat, dried & had lunch. Which was a fantastic feast, Pizza, pasta, cous cous, salad, rice....... just a few of the items that were put out. Soft drinks, water & coke were also provided free of charge.

We then chilled on the boat for a while & if you wanted you could go back in for a swim around the boat.

After a short while, we were again taken in the small boat out to the edge of the reef so that we could swim along the edge with the current.

This part of the trip was AMAZING! At first I was nervous about swimming at the edge of the reef as the sea was very choppy, I had never swum in waters like it, However, there was no need to be nervous at all. The current took you along nicely & the waves were not that big that they covered my snorkel. The colours of the reef took my breath away -spectacular!! After about 10 mins, there was excitement as the sea cow had come back into the bay, we were pulled onto the little boat & speedily & safely taken to the area that it was in & soon back in the water & swimming with a giant!

Before we knew it it was time to go back to the boat to head bay to Port Ghalib. We had a fantastic day & will definitely be doing another trip with Oceans next year.

I cant praise the crew of the boat enough. Thank you for an amazing day & also Thank you to the guy who did all the filming, for 25 Euro we have been able to bring home a DVD of the day, This can be paid for on the following day if you don't have money with you.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank suebedoo38

Woking, United Kingdom
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Does what it says on the tin...”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

...is the company's motto. Not sure exactly what the 'tin' is, but they certainly deliver what they say. We did a dedicated snorkelling trip, booked through one of their reps at our hotel. We were picked up from our hotel and taken to Port Ghalib marina where our boat was moored waiting for us. The day lasted about 5 hours. After a briefing we were taken to a site about 10 minutes from the port and did the first snorkel. We then had the lunch provided which is of a buffet style and plenty of choice for everyone, even a fussy eater like myself! The girlfriend loved the rice and I was quite partial to the pizza... We then did our second snorkel, with some of the group doing a try dive which is available at a small extra cost. You can either go around with a guide or, if you are a confident swimmer, alone (this is what my girlfriend and I chose to do). The site chosen has areas of relatively unspoilt coral and plenty to see including turtles. We were also impressed to see that the boats were tied to moorings fitted to the seabed rather than them just throwing an anchor out. This helps to preserve the coral, unlike some places in Sharm el-Sheikh where the same level of care isn't always taken. Overall a pleasant day with a very nice lunch and extremely friendly boat crew. If we return we will definitely consider using this company again.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank nomadbackwards
Weymouth, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Trips 9, 10 and 11!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We have just done our 9th,10th and 11th trips with Oceans and we were welcomed like old friends. Hosni, at the dive centre which is within the Resta Reef resort is a diamond and will even print you off the weather forecast. We did the classic trip again for number 9 and thanks to the eagle eyes of Tamer saw Dyson the Dugong and turtles, both of which are magnificent creatures. Luke, the Manager had promised us something special for our 10th trip and as snorkelers aboard a dive boat we motored off early doors to Trombi - what a fabulous day, Mohammed as captain and guide, the most beautiful coral and fish I think we have seen, tasty lunch and hot and cold drinks whenever required (no alcohol of course). Number 11 was to Shona - another fabulous day. Safety of guests is high on the list of priorities for Oceans, equipment is included in the price of the Classic trip as is your lunch and drinks, the crew are a hoot and do all they can to ensure you have a great day. The boats are clean, comfortable with plenty of room for sunning yourself or relaxing in shade. Thomson have decided not to use this company in favour of another but for Oceans it is business as usual and it is easy to book direct via the web site before you leave the UK or in resort and when we return to Marsa in August this year we will definitely be booking up our trips with Oceans.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank hammond2a
Hinckley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Day and Great Crew”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

What an amazing experience! we had nothing but the best treatment from all the crew on bard and the service was brilliant. The snorkelling was breathtaking with the sea turtles and you should seriously consider a SCUBA try dive. I was taken out by Stina the dive instructor and it was out of this world. I am well and truly hooked and have booked my PADI ready to go back and experience what else the Red Sea has to offer. Thanks guys.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Andy L
Rugby, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Thank You”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My partner and I really enjoyed the 2 trips we went on, as a very poor swimmer and a novice to snorkeling I am not usually to keen on swimming from a boat that is well out of my depth. Due to the natural buoncy of the Red Sea this is not an issue, I quickly overcame my fear and was happily snorkeling away with the rest of the group.
I have to say the staff were very helpful and were always attentive to their customers needs weather it was in the water or on the boat, they make it possible for all people to experience the beauty of the reefs no matter what their abilities are.
I even tried the 'mini b' diving experience which having never dived before was amazing and definitely the best way of having your first dive.
On both trips that we did the crew and instructors were so attentive that all the worries that all novices have are soon replaced with the wonder of why you didn't do this years ago.
Thanks everyone.....