“Great hotel for activities”

Moon Resort Marsa Alam
Ranked #62 of 68 Hotels in Marsa Alam
Cairo, Egypt
“Great hotel for activities”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Moon Resort is a great hotel with all the necessary basics, nothing fancy. Particularly suited for water sports people - there is kite surfing school right there and fantastic sea secrets diving centre on site who you can do your PADI course with or just go diving. We saw sea turtles on our first day! Day trips to fabulous diving spots nearby can be easily organised. Mars Alam has beautiful reefs to dive and snorkel at. Nice and quiet with no-one annoying you with silly rules a lot of the bigger hotels have (and no animation teams!!!) Great value for money if you are not looking for a luxury hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shelley D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Pregarten, Austria
Reviewed 15 March 2014

First of all the hotel is dirty, the food is miserable but for the price it is okay! (staff price) The diving school was really the worsest i have ever seen and i have worked in a few! Mabruk the owner of the diving center has stolen my mares regulator, my bottle and my harpoon. Ela from the diving center was very nice and professiona but her husband is a liar and a very bad man! I am disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Simona862014

Travellers are raving about these Marsa Alam hotels

Milan, Italy
Reviewed 10 January 2013

The service was terrible was absolutely horrific, food was so bad too. towels were dirty and rooms were not clean. I wanted to extend one night, got an OK from the reception and after i postponed the plane, the hotel reception told us sorry they hotel the full. we got through so many problems to solve this but i really don't reccomend this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not go.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Andrea b
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I cannot advise you strongly enough to avoid this hotel. I have travelled extensively and stayed in many hotels and hostels, I'm not what you'd call a fussy traveller. I could put up with the dirty sheets, the awful food and the rampant cockroaches. What really got me was the incredibly rude management staff.

I'm aware local laws are different in Egypt (I now live here). During this holiday, I have a female friend visit - and as I knew would be required, she booked a separate room as we are not married.

The hotel management absolutely forbid me to even visit her or sit *outside* her room with her - or I would be kicked out the hotel.

The same rules apparently don't apply to their "animation team" who on a regular basis elope with the Russian tourists staying there.

I tried discussing this with the manager of the hotel, before he ended up shouting at my. When I asked for the contact details for the General Manager (it's a chain hotel), he point blank refused to give them to me and began screaming at me that I should "try and find someone above him".

Disregarding any refund, I left that night to a much nicer hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends