“Hotel - family atmosphere”

Coral Hills Resort Marsa Alam
Ranked #39 of 68 Hotels in Marsa Alam
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We were in this hotel in the mid of July. Actually, I travel a lot but I have never been to such a place. It was a family atmosphere there. Whatever we asked for, it was done with a smile on the staff’s faces. I have to mention some people working there in that time who I’ll never forget. The manager of the restaurant was a really nice guy. He greeted us with a big smile and a short talk every morning and the man preparing pancakes as well. They did their best to make us feel great. Amr, the waiter in the main restaurant is another person worth meeting. He liked playing jokes, was really helpful and made us keep smiling all the time. The animators, at the beginning Emily, super English girl, talkative and very friendly and Moustafa, DJ with a red cap were good at enjoying us during our stay. Next, Amr, the bar tenderer, who could slip on the stairs with a tray full of glasses and play on this tray was incredible. And finally, I HAVE to mention Master of Drinks, Moustafa, the bar tenderer- charming guy, full of energy, soooooo friendly, hard-working and exc., exc., exc. Well, this staff was the best I have ever met and if there were any weaknesses in this hotel , they did that we didn’t see them.

6  Thank POle12013

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I stayed at Coral Hills in June of 2013. It was very slow and maybe six rooms were occupied at the time. The unit we stayed in was a two bedroom with a kitchen and livingroom and two bathrooms. The resort is beautiful. There were issues with the plumbing, but the maintenance came and fixed it. It was very spacious and we were on the ground floor. We were looking at the pool and the Red Sea also. The animation crew were making an effort to try to keep people entertained. The only problem was that the restaurant, Baywatch, is awful. DO NOT eat there. The chef makes an effort to make sure the food is horrible! I felt bad for the people that had the all inclusive package! We had bought our groceries and cooked in our unit. I was not happy that to unit was not stocked with the utensils, pots, and pans that should have been there for the rental unit. But the staff scrounged up what they could so we could cook. The kids went on a safari with the ATVs. It was 150 LE per person. You do have to bargain with these people in order to get a fair price.The snorkeling off the shore is amazing! Overall the family had lots of fun!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank rooshy71
Reviewed 29 August 2013

After reading the early reviews about this hotel I was unsure we had made the right choice but after we got there we knew it was a good one. Loveley place, 20 minutes from the airport. I used a timeshare swap for the accomodation which ended up being a 3 bed villa overlooking the pool so i was very happy with that. The main reason for our holiday was to dive and the dive centre on site 'Wonderful Dive' is a great asset to the hotel and the staff are very professional, our experience hre was second to none. We spent two weeks at the hotel and brought the all inclusive from the hotel for our stay. We were all issued with wristbands and this would signify to the staff that we had apid for the service. Although the villa was equiped with a kitchen and two cooking rings, there is not full convenience store anywhere near so self catering wasn't an option for us unless we were prepared to go via taxi to the nearest town around 10 miles.

The food is buffet style and they have plenty of variety at all meals. Very well presented and with the selection always something to eat we liked. The bars are well stocked and the local beer i found to be to my taste.

The hotel is new and they are constantly bringing in new items, lots of new towels and sunbed mattresses arrived when we were there. Early reveiws mension a lot of building work and that the hotel is not finished. This is not true for this part of the hotel. this is phase one of a two phase hotel and if you can imagine this part being a W shape and when the second phase is complete it will form a W shape. The second Phase is now nearing completion and will have its own pools etc linked together with the existing as well as other facilites such as a thatre area and play area fr the Children( this is already in use)

Overall a very good place to visit and spend your holiday, the staff are all very friendly and helpfull, the animators as they call themselves (entertainment staff) are all very good and try to involve people to join in, they have poolside entertainment during th day and then evening entertainment either up on the terrace or by the pool.

We were out on holiday during the protests and be be honest you wouldnt have a clue it was happenning, i wouldnt have any worries about going there again as too far away to be effected. All the oppinions are of course my own and others may feel differently, i hope anyone reading this review, is considering going or has booked has a great hoilday,

8  Thank Bruce B
Reviewed 24 July 2013

we spent 2 weeks me, my wife and our son, we arrived very early music was slow and soft, we received our room on the pool but was small a pit, we asked the reception to change the room, the receptionist explained that our reservation just a standard room, but he made a call to his manager, the manage show up, and changed the room to family room at once, also explained to us that this upgrade for free as we had an anniversary wedding,
the guys speak English, Italian, and some speak Russian, the place constructed well enough,
the restaurant facing the Lobby, and with sea and pool view,we liked the Egyptian food so much, but it seems that our stomach could not bear it ,lol

the beach not very well but we enjoyed the swimming pool, the guys who cleaning the room are very nice and very nit

its a place for relaxation and spending a wonderful vacation
we will back next year

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the main building, in the 2nd and 3rd floors
5  Thank Ayman H
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I used my timeshare to come. Oddly enough, the plane from Cairo could only come / go on certain days and the resort had different days. So, I needed to book somewhere else the night I arrived and come the next day. Then I had to leave a day early. Only way to align with the airlines. If I had it to do again I likely would contact Coral Hills about changing arrival/departure by a day or at least pay for the day early. They were not full, that might be due to them being new and not finished 100% yet or due to political unrest scaring people off or both. But, I would recommend at least trying.

Once there the staff was most helpful in getting me a room and telling me where the dive company was (on the beach). Walking me to my room I was told the jacuzzi wasn't working yet. I never did go looking for or find the spa so I would not have known had they not told me. I am surprised they say the people speak English. Except for 2 people, all others barely speak it. Took me a day or two to figure out that they know answers to a question they ask and if you don't give an expected answer they don't know what you have said. I have an allergy to a food and I tried to ask a question .... gave up and just didn't risk it. I got to the point with the front desk that I just didn't ask most times. Really great people who are so pleasant, but I could not communicate with them.

I tried to use a pool towel at the pool which is when I learned you can only use one if you have a card. I was never told about a card or had one, so I didn't use the pool towels. I also found that others had wrist bands ... I was never asked, never told, never had one.

My room was on the 3rd floor ... and there is no elevator. Nobody ever asked me if that would be an issue. I have a disabled sister and looking around I could see how some things had ramps but in several instances I could not figure out how I would have gotten her around.

My room was a hotel room .... several days later I opened a cabinet and discovered a fridge but it wasn't really cold. Initially the room did not have towels but when I mentioned that to someone who identified himself as with housekeeping they brought me some. They brought fresh bottled water daily. They cleaned the room and I got the largest swan towel I have ever seen. Got a plate of fruit one day .. came in really handy.

Since I could not cook it is a good thing they had a daily set price for breakfast and dinner buffet. There is a little snack store for chips and candy and things. I did not have a car and didn't know of any place to shop anywhere close, so it was more expensive than I budgeted to buffet twice a day, but they were good food. Plentiful, just not always to my taste at dinner. But, enough to eat.

I work online so Internet was very important. Prior to going I could only find it as $10 a day. I paid 40EU for a full week unlimited. A bit of a savings, except I left after 6 days so not too much savings. The trick was that it is set to 30 minute logons so I had to keep refreshing it if I worked too long at a time. Once I got used to that it wasn't a big deal.

They have an entertainment troupe that does a good job with both the kids and adults. They are good at bringing people 'in' to the fun. The one night they had karaoke for the audience to be able to sing, too, was when they moved it inside the bar .... which smelt soooooooo strongly of smoke that I could not stay in it. Another night they had a guy who swallowed fire and walked on broken glass, etc. They had yoga by the pool during the day.

My purpose in going was to scuba dive. I did use their company located on their beach. If you have a car or can be picked up I would recommend checking out other companies. Do haggle over a weekly price vs being charged for every single tiny thing resulting in a startling total. For example, the beach at the hotel is too rough to do a beach dive.... so you have to pay for them to take you to a different beach to dive along with paying for the equipment and the dive guide and the dive itself and the 2nd dive and dive guide if it is a 2 tank trip. Mine came to an average price of $58 per dive ($116 for a 2 tank beach dive - no wetsuit).

Room Tip: Keep in mind, no elevators. If you want the exercise, go for level 3. After 11pm it is pretty qu...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank cncgandolf
Reviewed 9 July 2013

well, we had a wounderful week, me with my wife
we arrived on Sat.at 06:00 am the was ready. room with see view&pool view, room was big enough, every day housekeeping come to clean the room making animal shape with towels,g
food was nice,cheif Mohamed and his father executive cheif were very perfect cesar salad is very tasty,we enjoyed the sun on beach and on the pool we enjoyed laughing with pool staff Moustafa on the beach is very funny guy.all the best for all staff who made or vacation unforgotten

• Stayed: June 2013
8  Thank salemov
Mohamed I, Front Office Manager at Coral Hills Resort Marsa Alam, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear Mr. Salemov

Many greetings from Coral Hills Resort and thank you for your nice and positive comment.

Hotel Management.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

enjoy my stay with my family for one week we have a very good time the hotel was so good the accommodation was excellent the hotel is clean the stuff is so friendly and helpful the food is very good and wonderful atmosphere we really enjoyed

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank dousy
Mohamed I, Front Office Manager at Coral Hills Resort Marsa Alam, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive comment , which participate in moving our success.
Hope you enjoyed with us and waiting for your next visit.