“Nice stay, a little remote”

Coral Hills Resort Marsa Alam
Ranked #40 of 68 Hotels in Marsa Alam
Widnes, United Kingdom
“Nice stay, a little remote”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed here in March 2010 for our anniversary and had a nice time. The hotel is average I would say, it is a little out of the way, we ended up getting the minibus into town most nights. The pool was nice, quiet and hotel itself was pretty clean, rooms cleaned every night.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank nickymac79

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The place is not as charming as we expected. However, the staff and management are all
super friendly. The quality of food is just average, but plenty to go around.
The beaches are good in nearby locations for snorkling and diving. The distance to any nearby town or market location is quite far ! The main resort of Port Ghaleb, some 70 KM south, is worth
frequent visits.

Room Tip: Best down near beach.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Ahmasry
Moscow
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The hotel is very nice with a wide beautiful sea view. It is a new one, rooms are fresh and mostly of them are sunny. We had a little problems with minibar and light, but the shift leader of reception Mahmoud tried to do his best and in a few minutes everything was OK.
We are very grateful to Mr Awad – Food and beverage manager of the hotel, who was very attentive to us and our needs and wishes. The choice of food was wide and fine, a lot of fresh vegetables and salads, hot dishes and sweets. We wish there were a little more fruits.
We are also very grateful to Assistant executive chief Mr Sayed and to his staff. There were a lot of tasty Italian and national dishes, eastern sweets. The menu was varied and delicious,
We wish the entertainment team was more active and inventive.
And we would like to say a few words about the sea and the weather in January. It was a little windy, but sunny and warm. Water was about 23-25 degrees C. We did not expected. The reef is located about 15-20 meters from the beach, it is rich and beautiful with a variety of fish.
We had a very nice stay in this hotel and remember it with a great pleasure.

Room Tip: Choose sunny room
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank GelenaK
Ossama K, Director of Sales at Coral Hills Resort Marsa Alam, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Gelenak,
Thank you for your positive review. As the new director of Sales & Marketing, i am glad you enjoyed your stay at Coral Hills Resort. All your valuable remarks will be noted and discussed. your words give me spirit to keep our resort as one of the best in Marsa Alam. I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2014

My wife and I spent a very relaxing week at Coral Hills. We found all staff extremely friendly and helpful and would go out of their way to ensure we enjoyed our stay. The resort is fairly new and right on the beach front. The grounds are landscaped with large swimming pool plus a smaller children's pool. The rooms are quite large with ample balcony space which overlooked the pool area and beach beyond. The room was very clean and the daily cleaning team did a fine job, even creating animal figures by folding towels and placing them on the bed. One point to note is that because of the resort's orientation half of the rooms are in shade throughout the day whilst the other half enjoyed the sun from morning till night. When we arrived we were given a room on the shady side but after mentioning this at reception were promptly given a choice of rooms across in the sun. The food at Coral Hills was a little repetitive but of good quality. We must mention the animation team of Jimmy and Shady who worked extremely hard to entertain. We did however think that this 4 star resort should have had more in the way of professional acts to entertain during the evenings. Even though the resort was a little quiet for our liking we never-the-less had a really enjoyable winter break in the sun.

Room Tip: If you prefer a sunny room with sun facing balcony or patio, ask at reception to be given a room on...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Robert R
Ossama K, Director of Sales at Coral Hills Resort Marsa Alam, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Robert,
Thank you for your positive review. As the new director of Sales & Marketing, i am glad you enjoyed your relaxing winter break at Coral Hills Resort. All your valuable remarks about food and evening entertainment will be noted and discussed. I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.
Cairo
Reviewed 7 November 2013

i spent my vacation with my family from 25th of October till the 1 of November. It was a great vacation . I was welcomed by the Hotel manager who was very a friendly person and with good spirit .Then i was offered a welcoming drink . Our reservation is a time share one , the chalet was big and comfortable to the four of us and i got what i asked for sea view room on a high floor .

The room service was was helpful and they were friendly , the frond desk employees (Ahmed , Mina and Mahmoud ) were friendly and they were understanding . They replied back to our concerns and inquiries .

It is a Great and wonderful idea of having the Marina from where we can go snorkeling and go swimming , That I liked a lot .Big Big thanks to the Diving center , Mostafa , Ashraf ,ahmed and Abdo , they are very friendly and they are very polite and respectable people , They helped me to take my first diving experience and the tour to the turtle bay was amazing .

I will go there every vacation

Thanks
Noran osama

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Noran1234
Mohamed I, Manager at Coral Hills Resort Marsa Alam, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Ms. Noran

Thank you very much for your positive comment , waiting for your next vacation at Coral Hills Marsa Alam.

Hotel Management.
Carnforth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at the coral hills. The staff were very friendly especially the bar staff all were great but want to mention Mohammad who was very good and friendly.
Found the food a bit repetitive and because of the location of the hotel this meant there was no where else to go apart from the hotel next door but as we were all inclusive we had to pay of course. We had a problem with Mosquitos in our room and the staff did everything they could to get rid of them for us.
Because it was out of season we were the only 2 British people in the hotel which was a bit disappointing. The other guests were mainly Russian so conversation was limited!
The entertainment was basic but the animation team - especially Natillie and Alex did their best to entertain us I think they had a tough job but were always smiling and encouraging us to get involved but not pushy.
Overall we had a nice stay I would like to thank all the staff ( I can't remember all of the names) but the restaurant manager and the hotel manager were very helpful.
If I could make one suggestion it would be to have some sort of welcome pack/ information in the room or reception. Because none of the big English travel companies seem to be using the hotel when we were there there was no information on food times excursions etc. In English so we had to just guess and we didn't know if we were paying too much for the excursions or not.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Karenhallinterpreter
Dear Ms. Karen

Thank you for your lovely comment , waiting for your next holiday at Coral Hills Resort Marsa Alam.

Hotel Management
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Rooms are big and convinient, especially shower cabin: it's big anough for romantic couple and for children to splash, towel shelf is inside the cabin which is also very comfortable. Shower head is also very big. For tips you can get a small and thick towel as a rug before the cabin. Be careful with the shower cabin door: if the door-handle is not properly fixed (if it's fixed only from the top or bottom) the door becomes jammed when you pul it so that you'll be locked inside the cabin. There is a fridge in the room.

Restaurant is very good, food is various and tasty, much fruit. There is special menu for vegetariants on demand (for example, pasta with vegetables and mushrooms or vegetables stewed in a pot) but as for me ordinary mill was various enough for different tastes and habbits. Besides, there were a lot of delicious sauces for vegetables and other courses so guests can "prepare" their own courses to their tastes. Most of vegetables are cut separately, and guests also can mix them into salad with different sauces to their taste. There were also diffetent types of tea (black and green), coffee, cocoa and hot milk to ones liking. In May only one restaurant was open but there was another restaurant about to open on the 2nd floor with amazing view to to sea.

Hotel territory is nice; pool is clean, and not very big, children are fond of playing with a "banana" and a big "wheel" in the poor. There is a special warm pool for little children with a slide for children's fun. Beach loungers and mattresses are comfortable. Loungers are wooden, not plastic. The beach is sandy but sea entry is stony and not deep so shoes are obligatory. Hotel ponton has not yet built but guests may use ponton of the neighbouring hotel which is within 10 meters reach or just walk several meters into the sea (not far) in order to swim at depth. Snorkling is very good. Hotel has it's own coral reef. You can see some bright color fish just standing knee-deep in the sea and watching. If you are lucky you can see dolphins or sea-turtles near the ponton. In May beach territory was not clean from fragments of shells and corals brought by flows. The sea is heavy, with many waves. In the mid of May there were 2-3 days with "red flag" when it is not allowed to swim in the sea; all other days were with "yellow flag". In very windy days there is much sand in the air; impossible to stay at the beach - all the skin gets covered with sand; it's better to stay at the poolside in such days.

Upon arrival I was met by a glass of cold juice - very promptly after 2-hour transfer from Hurgada airport. Then I was accompanied to my room and was asked to check it for any defects right away. I only asked for more light in the bathroom: not all the lamps worked; they were replaced immedietly. A determind bottle of water was also delivered immedietly without any requests. All the staff is very polite and friendly. Guests from different countries can find staying in this hotel
comfortable and pleasant.

I strongly recommend hotel diving center "Wonderful Diving Center". Very good and responsible instructors (speak at least English, German, French and Italian), new mordern equipment, new comfortable suits. They have different diving programs depending on your preferences and experience (many dive places to visit: with tortoises, dolfins and sea cows, with canions, with sunk ships and sharks; with muny different fish and crubs). I made 6 dives in different diving centers with different instructors. Impressions also differed from delight to total detestation to water (when I swallowed plenty of disgusting-salty water during unsuccessful diving). So, I can compare and conclude: Wonderful Diving Center was my best experience). For those who do not want to dive I strongly recommend night snorkling; you can see different fish, crabs and maybe lobster.

For more informaion about the hotel you can see the hotel site, I can just confirm that all info on the site is true. My best recommendation for the hotel - I'm going there again at the end of October 2013!

Room Tip: I liked my room on the ground floor - it's very convinient to go down to the pool and the beach...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
9 Thank Ekaterina A
Mohamed I, Manager at Coral Hills Resort Marsa Alam, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Ms. Ekatarina

Thank you for your comment which is very positive and we hope we will see you again.

Hotel Management
Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort
Blue Reef Red Sea Resort
Blue Reef Red Sea Resort
#35 of 68 in Marsa Alam

Been to Coral Hills Resort Marsa Alam? Share your experiences!