I recommend not to select Elphistone! We spent there 2 weeks in July 2013 and:
- this is the hotel for italians only. Others, non-italians are strongly discriminated!
- Music, animations and all events in Italian only
- All animators are from Italy and they do not want to speak any other languages (elglish, german etc..)
They behave like monkeys. For example when walked into the restaurant they friendly greeted italians but from non italians
they used turn back showing ignorace. I dont think that they are so uneducated that they could not understand simple
- Non-italian children are discriminated, they may not enter play groud facilities and may play separate from italians
- Football field, volleyball field-occupied by italians only led by one animator
- loud discos till late night usually till 01:00-02:00) close to hotel buildigs and many guests who did not take part in
their parties could not sleep and the hotel management did not do anything due to complaints just promised only
- air conditioning very loud so in the night you have to wake up to switch it off (no remote for AC provided at all). At
least in building B (loud and no remote) and F (quiet, no remote)
- Mostly italian food only and I hope that in the meat there were not horses served
- Extremelly dirty beach. In most of the days there was so little water due to permanent low tides that we had to walk
approx 500-800m deep in the sea to swim a bit. many stinking algaes which made the water close to hotel-disgusting. Coral
reef is not accessible from their side. If you want to see it you can go to the neighbour hotel and they offer a jetty
wfrom which you can do some snorkling (paid 5eur/person a day)
- they have canoes but for italians only as well
- in the hotel there are a few shops but do not buy anything there! They will show you references written in you own
language (in our case german and my girlfriend's - polish) because as we went to shops at the airport-everything was on
average 50% cheaper (papyruses, clothes, fake watches and other souvenirs)!
- There is a jetty on the beach but under construction for 10 years and it is no possible to use it at all
- room service very good
- mostly food very good with big selection but all meals described in italian only
- swimming pools with sweet water
- bars next to pools
- very frinedly egiptian people (kitchen, room service, bar etc)
- weather :)
- Fortunatelly no bunga-bunga parties;)
Strongly do not recommend this Elphistone! That was our the most sad holiday:(
We did not know that italians are so unfiendly.
Anyway this is the subject of the case which is being prepaed for the court. This can not be like that!
Our tour operator was Itaka from poland and the hotel was operated by VERA Club from Italy.
So when you hear VERA -select something else unless you are IT.
Hope to let you know more soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel has WIFI internet all a round for Extra Charge.The hotel has Taxi against Charge, Four Swimming Pools , one of them Relax,Spa center with Gym Free and Massage,Jacuzzi, Sauna,Steam and Hammam for Extra Charge also Billiard Table against Charge in addition to Facilities Such as Football Play ground, Tennis Court,Beach Volley,Tennis Table are Free of Charge. The Hotel got a discotheque and 2 Restaurant,one of them called Sea Gull for Fish Market only at Dinner,we have 2 International teams,also am theater for the evening shows. As well as Fully equipped diving center with qualified instructors. Courses (PADI-ISDA), Diving and Snorkeling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Elphistone Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elphistone Hotel Marsa Alam
- Elphistone Resort Marsa Alam