My partner and I stayed at the Lamaya in June 2010 and had a lovely time so for this review i'll start from the begining. I do understand Marsa alam airport has less passengers than Sharm but the visa process is far easier here than Sharm and the transfer to the hotel takes less than15 minutes.
On the coach you are given a hotel pack with baggage tags for your cases, on arrival you are greeted with a cool towel and a melon cocktail whilst the management check you in, your cases will be collected from the reception.
After a short welcome speech you are shown to your room your cases arrive 10 to 30 minutes later be warned if you have left your room your cases are left outside the door, I witnessed very apolegetic reception staff trying to explain that they said the cases would be delivered to the rooms not put inside them if you have gone out, apparently the complaining couple had swimwear in there hand luggage and gone straight down the beach for 3 hours.
Our room was clean a spacious on the second floor looking over the Samaya hotel pool area with 4 single beds in 2 seperate sleeping areas, talking with other residence the rooms in different blocks have different layouts.
Food wise the main resturant is good, dependant on what time you go for your meals depends on how busy it is, the waiters and chefs do there best a busy times to get tables clear or food in the serving trays, the dishes are for a cross section of nationalaties so some dishes can look a bit strange but there is allways something to eat even if its a bread roll and ice cream, just remember to wash your hands before you handle food and cutlery, I reccommend the beach bar for lunch times as the service is more personel and the food choice is a bit lighter.
Plenty of space around the pool areas and on the beach with a free beach towel service.
Only down sides are:
1. Kids club entertainments looks good but eveining entertainment for the adults well all I can say is they do there best but i thought it was a comedy act each night.
2. On a couple of days there was a bit to much touting for services like trips and spa treatments but a few complaints at reception and it all stopped.
3. The 2 familys who kept complaining that the Lamaya should not be part of the Thomson's premier hotel package, well read the bochure a premier package is the before extras in the airport and luggage allowance not any extras you get in resort.
4. Weak drinks but thats the same in all resorts in egypt.
5. Expensive prices for cigarettes and perfumes in the Medinat shops, wait until you get back to the airport.
All in all a nice place to stay, very relaxing resort with friendly people if you are friendly to them and very hot.
I will be going back soon.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotel.de, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Jaz Lamaya Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberotel Lamaya Hotel Marsa Alam
- Iberotel Lamaya Marsa Alam