17 people are viewing this hotel
US$154
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
US$154
ZenHotels.com
US$78
Agoda.comUS$154
eDreams
FindHotel
2,616 results
All reviews sunset bar bungalow room fish animation team fire show great holiday coral reef beach restaurant every evening shallow water clean towels nice beach beautiful sea cleaned daily beef hotel staff cleaned every day
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2013

This was our first resort holiday. We chose it as we have a seven month old baby so wanted something with good facilities nearby and we were very happy with our choice.

The room was huge and clean and quiet. The choice of daytime amenities meant we never got bored - four swimming pools, a water slide and a beach. There is great food and we loved the touch of lunch being served on the beach. The staff were super friendly and helpful.

The snorkelling just off the beach was spectacular and very easy. There are a number of easy and affordable daytrips possible through the hotel.

The food was varied and there was something to suit all diets.

We were the only English visitors so we had a good opportunity to meet people from other countries which we enjoyed.

Room tip: All rooms have advantages.
Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank CaraL827
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Surely you can't expect the Maldives 5 star treatment here since is a low budget resort but for sure you will be amazed by the great coral reef you can enjoy snorkeling just within few meters from the shore. People of the diving centre are very nice and helpful, definitely is worth to book some tours by boat or by bus, turtles, dolphins and coral reef will welcome you for sure.
Food and drink is pretty average here, don't expect a great gourmet but at least no big gastrointestinal discomfort (avoid raw vegetable and no-no tap water also for teeth cleaning).

Room tip: Try to avoid rooms on the west side! there is a quite big diesel generator running 24/7 that produce a not pleasant noise. Rooms on the 3rd (last) floor could be very noisy because all the external room's A/C units are mounted on a metal structure put on the above terrace.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Luca d
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I do not belong among people who like to stay in a huge resort for one thousand or more clients.... But if you want to dive in the Red sea you practically do not have another choice...
From this point of view I can say that Utopia beach resort is a good place as a base for underwater Adventure.... Clean and nice rooms, satisfactory food and good services... Of course, you have to take into consideration that you are NOT in Europe, of course :-)
So, if you love diving, Coral reefs, wonderful underwater nature - I can recommend Utopia as a good place to stay.

Room tip: Better to stay in bungalows, not in the main building where you can here quite noisy Power generator...
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank rene6005
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Just a quick note to explain that I booked an holiday at the Utopia resort.
What I did not note is that the resort has two different hotels the Utopia and the Pensée Azur. It seems to be only one but not.
In the past , they were belonging to only one person, but after his death the hotels were separeted .
This is the reason of too many differencies on the advices of the website.
I prefer to be clear to everybody.
Today you stay in one hotel but you can not take drinks, lunch or dinner in the other one even if you have all-inclusive package.

Date of stay: March 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank 791Simba
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We stayed at Utopia for week during our first visit to Marsa Alam.

So the best part of the resort is the sea. The reaf and water are amazing and great for snorkling and diving. The dive center folks are really nice and helful in getting you whatever experience you want.

Sadly, besides from the sea, the hotel did not live up to my expectations. The rooms are a little run down (and some noisy). Everyday when our room was cleaned, they forgot the replace things (glasses, towels, sheets). We had to call daily to get these items when we returned to our room from the beech. Whenever they delivered clean towels to our room, they were usually damp. We saw the person who cleaned our room daily and he kept pushing us to give him a tip and we kept telling him the room was not made up properly. The water pressure in the shower is also horrible. It goes from spitting to trickle and back to spitting every 30 seconds.

The staff at the hotel is very nice. Everyone is friendly and trys to accomadate you. I think the biggest disappoint of the hotel was the food. Besides from Monday nights (local Egyption food) the food is very bland and nothing to get excited about. Lunch was the worst, since the food was not even that hot. I know all inclusives you get tired of the same food, but from the first day we were disappointed with the quality and variety of the food provided.

One last point, unless you tip the bartender, they will generally not let you take a drink back to your room for the evening. I like to have a glass of wine at night while reading and did not want to sit in the smoke filled lobby, so I attempted to bring the glass back to my room. Every nite was the same... someone chasing me down saying that glasses were not allowed to be taken from area they were received from. The don't care about the wine... they just want to keep track of the glass. I guess there is a shortage because several times I had to wait for a drink because they did not have a glass available. I don't think it's a lot to ask to be able to have a glass of wine on your patio in the evening.

Date of stay: November 2011