“Wonderful place with quality staff !”

Ranked #17 of 71 Hotels in Marsa Alam
Liège, Liege, Belgium
“Wonderful place with quality staff !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We had a wonderful holliday at the Marina Lodge. We've been there from 3rd to 10th July 2013.

The hotel is beautiful, we were fortunate to be there with very few people. The hotel has 2 large and beautiful swimming pools. The beach is at 5 minute walking (a van also runs every hour). The beach is beautiful and perfect for snorkeling because it leads directly to the coral! The "city-center" of the marina is at 3 minutes away by water taxi from the hotel. You will find souvenir shops, cafes, restaurants, ... I recommend the "Grand Café" located on the square!

The whole team (waiters at the beach/pool, receptionists, towels responsibles, ...) were at the small care during all of our stay. They were simply so wonderful, so kind, and so attentive with us !

I begin by thanking warmly: AHMED ZAKI (the receptionist) who is a person with whom I had a great time talking, he’s very brilliant, smart and he’s one of my best meet at the Marina Lodge.

Ibrahim (waiter) who was also at small care for us, and also Osama, Mohamed Salah, Ahmed Ibrahim, Mohamed Ibrahim, Mohamed Elsayed, Saoudy… and others that i've forgot.

Finally, I thank particularly TAHA (who was at the beach) a wonderful person with whom I have spoken a lot, I am glad to have met him and I was very emotional at the time to say goodbye. He’s also a part of my best meeting ! I will miss him so much !

We had much pleasure to meet all these wonderful people and I recommand you this hotel if you want a quality staff who is always available at any time.

I hope to come back soon at Marina Lodge and i'll keep a lot of great memories of this hotel !

Philippe

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Philippe M
MarinaLodge2012, Manager at Marina Lodge at Port Ghalib, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for this review about your stay at Marina Lodge at Port Ghalib hotel . We always appreciate the comments we receive from guests as they allow us to see our hotel from a new perspective.
Thank you again for the candid review. We hope to be able to serve you again to show you just how great our service is.

With my best regards,

Amgad Helmy | Executive Assistant Manager
Marina Lodge at Port Ghalib

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Leuven, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed in Marina Lodge for two weeks. It was amazing! All the employees are very friendly and try everything in their power to help you. They are interested and always in for a nice chat, but they don't bother you and leave you at peace if you just want to relax and be on your own. The food is excellent, more than enough choice. One day I was a little late for dinner and they were already cleaning up. The chef instantly offered to make me a pasta, although it was my fault for being too late. Thanks again! There is ALWAYS fresh fruit, at breakfast, lunch and dinner. And a lot of choices, it's amazing! The rooms are very clean and cosy. The cleaning staff has a secret gift to clean your room as quick as lightning, even if you are only gone for 1 hour a day! (And special thanks to Bahaa for the nice towel-animals he made.)
The beach opened when I was there, it was beautiful! You need to walk a minute to get there, but it's most certainly worth it! The pool in the hotel itself was too cold for me, but the other guest didn't seem to mind, so I guess that's personal. And last, but not least: the animation team (Marln & Cesko) was fantastic! There were not enough people (willing) to do something, so they were unable to really entertain the guests. Instead, they talked to everybody and provided some music. They did great!
So in short: it's a wonderful hotel for anyone who wants to see the beautiful Port Ghalib, enjoy some peace and quiet, and be surrounded by great food and people. I most certainly will go back there!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Lynn W
MarinaLodge2012, Manager at Marina Lodge at Port Ghalib, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Lynn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us during your time in Marina Lodge Port Ghalib .
I had the pleasure of reading your feedback and you have my assurance that it will be shared with our team members to let them know how they please our guests with their friendliness and response to guest needs.

I will also be pleased to share your appreciation of our food with our cooks and will please our Animation team by sharing your opinion on their good job.

We will be more pleased by having the pleasure of hosting you again in Maria Lodge Port Ghalib in the nearest future.

Sincerest regards,

Best Regards,
Hurghada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Perfect service , perfect people ,nice food , very clean rooms, people are very friendly . Not to much variety of food but very tasty , staff very helpful........الخدمة ممتازة ، الموقع رائع ، المكان نظيف جداً، الأسعار معتدله ، أتمنى زيار

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Elshamyamr
Dear Amr ,

Thank you very much for sharing your staying experience so enthusiastically with us..

First of all it was a real pleasure meeting you and having you with us. I am glad to hear just how much you have enjoyed your stay.

I do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to Marina Lodge Port Ghalib one day.

With best wishes,

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

The hotel is very close to Marsa Alam airport & reaching the hotel was easy. The food was super & very exceptional as I found different kind of food match different tastes. The main restaurant was overlooking the Marina & I did enjoy the view. My room was very clean & full of needed amenities. The view of the rooms are direct to the Marina & the sun set was my favorite time at the room terrace, was gorgeous :) all I dreamt of was there. The staff was helpful & smiling :) will do it again & will share with my friends & family ;). Thanks to the Management of the hotel for thier proffisionalism and keep up the hotel with this level of service. special thanks to the Front desk team (Mohamed and Dhalia).

Room Tip: Marina View.

Room Tip: Marina View Room
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Rsea211
Dear sender

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your staying experience during your stay with us at Marina Lodge Port Ghalib .

It is great to see how much you have enjoyed your stay and that the resorts facilities, activities and services left you with a lasting impression.

Paradise does exist, it is here and it is yours, you deserve it! With this in mind we hope to see you soon again here at Marina Lodge Port Ghalib.

With my best wishes,

Leiden, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

This hotel is a bit smaller scale and lower budget than the five star hotels at Port Ghalib (Crown Plaza/Intercontinental), but that also means that it is more quiet and relaxed and what you get for that money is really great. What stood out to us the most was the friendliness and helpfullness of the staff, everyone from Mohammed at the front desk, to the bar- and restaurant personnel, to housekeeping was very friendly and they will of course turn your blankets into impressive swans and other shapes. Maybe it helped that we were a bit younger than most tourists in the area, but we made some nice friends among the staff.

The room was spacious and had a nice Egyptian feel without overdoing it, the beds were very comfortable, and there was a couch and a a small balcony as well.

The Hotel also offers some nice swimming pools, but they were a bit too cold in January to try more than once, in other months this should be great. The hotel also has a diving company, whose boat is almost literally at the front door, but we didn't use this.

There is a water taxi to the Port Ghalib boulevard, where you have shops and some bars with wifi. Also on this side of the harbor are the other hotels, and because the Marina Lodge's Beach wasn't in use yet we we're allowed to use the beach at Crown Plaza as well as the heated swimming pool there and try the great lunch they had there. The beach itselve was amazing, with a huge amount of fish and coral.

Port Ghalib is a great place for enjoying the beauties of the red sea, swim at the hotel, go diving, or take boat trips to even more beautiful places where you can swim with sea turtles and a sea cow (if you're lucky like us), or even take a tour into the Sahara dessert or even the ancient city of Luxor.
The Marina Lodge offers this experience while being a bit more intimate and better priced than the other hotels in Port Ghalib, but still offering great comfort and food.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Zois T
MarinaLodge2012, Manager at Marina Lodge at Port Ghalib, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Zois

I have noted your comments on the team; in particular Ivy and rest assured I will share your compliments with him.

With my best wishes,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

Nice place & very freindly and nice staff, only comment for solo travellers will be quite at night got to take water taxi to reach the marina which is a bit fun as well...
Food is proper & pools are nice, little far of diving sites but all facilities avaliable....

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank TamerHassan
MarinaLodge2012, Manager at Marina Lodge at Port Ghalib, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Dear Tamer ,

We take pleasure in knowing that you had a good experience during your recent stay; our first service promise to our guests is to provide great service to our guest .

We look forward to welcoming you back, should another holiday bring you to Marina Lodge at Port Ghalib in the nearest future!

With My Best Regards,

Amgad Helmy | Executive Assistant Manager
Paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

Hi,

During last week of May, we went to dive in Marsa Alam and stayed in Marina Lodge.
We've found this hotel by chance because we didn't intend to stay here.
Lucky for us, everything was quite perfect :
- The rooms are spacious and very clean, dressing was made every day, and had a typical look.
- The staff is nice and helpful.
- The food was delicious : the buffet is varied between lunch and dinner.
- Good services : 2 swimming pools, sauna, massage and a diving centre within the hotel.

The only negative point is the isolation of this place : the beach is at 10 minutes walking and as you are in front of Port Ghalib, you need to take a shuttle or a water taxi to go there (only one per hour). That makes you dependent of them.

Anyway, this place was a real surprise for us and we fully enjoyed our stay here !

Special thanks to Bahaa with his "Camel-Towel" masterpiece ! :-)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Boris C
Dear Boris ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us during your time at Marina Lodge Port Ghalib Resort.

We will be more pleased by having the pleasure of hosting you again at Marina Lodge at Port Ghalib Resort in the nearest future.

Sincerest regards,