“Super Friendly Staff!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tok
Golden Bear Motel & RV Park
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Tok
“Super Friendly Staff!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I ended up staying at the Golden Bear for ten days earlier this summer due to car problems and I just cannot say enough good things about the great folks who run the place. Tish and Rob were always available and eager to answer any questions or fulfill any requests that I had--truly excellent customer service! And they kept this up flawlessly all the way through the end of my stay by which time I had become somewhat of a fixture around the place. Very clean rooms, and an especially great lobby type space provided by the coffee shop and porch! Will definitely be staying with them again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms closest to the wifi router if internet speed is a priority for you
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife, parents, and I stayed at the Golden Bear a couple weeks ago. I had booked our rooms nearly 6 months ago, and spoken with Tish. She was so helpful when booking. During our 2 night stay at their motel, she, her husband, and her father were all so nice and accommodating. I would absolutely come back and have personally recommended this stop to all my friends upon my return home. Having stayed in more than a 1/2 dozen other places while in Alaska for 2 weeks this summer, I can honestly say that no other place's staff was as friendly and genuinely interested in making our stay a memorable one. While it's not a 5 star hotel, that's exactly what we were going for....a great, safe place to relax for a couple nights on our trip. Thank you Golden Bear!

Fairbanks
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

This quaint hotel is staffed with some amazing people they are so helpful and friendly! The hotel was average but very clean and well located. It was very nice to have the coffee shop in the morning and the restaurant for dinner. Family and pet friendly location. Definitely return when I go through Tok again.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Ak_style_traveler
New Hampshire
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

When I stayed at The Golden Bear the service was so great. The rooms were really nice and they were veryy clean! Every single staff person was Sooo nice and helpful. They would do anything to make a guest happy. There was also a great show, Hugh Neff was the speaker and he talked about how he won the Iditarod and Yukon quest, it was very interesting. There is also a restaurant on property that is really good. It had Mexican and American food that was delicious. I highlyyy recommend The Golden Bear if you ever need a place to stay in Tok, Alaska!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank candythorndike
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Old, no amenities, shower from 1950's-need to be on your knees to use it, no safety lock on door. This place would be ok if it was the last room in town. Otherwise I would take a pass. Window would not lock, very old tube TV with resort selected channels,

Room Tip: Stay away from the stairways.
Harker Heights, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here over night and the service was wonderful along with very clean rooms! The staff bends over backwards to please the customer with 5 star service. Highly recommend staying at the Golden Bear if your passing through Tok, Alaska.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Whitehorse, Canada
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel was average but very clean. This was a good stop over on our way to Anchorage from Whitehorse. Although the rooms had clearly not been updated in quite some time, there was no dirt anywhere and the room did have a microwave and small fridge which was handy. With the other options out there in Tok I would definitely recommend this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and definitely made our stay!