Golden Bear Motel, Restaurant & RV Park
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
A Hyde Away Inn B&B(Tok)(Great Value!)
US$84
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfree coffeestayed herefront porchfamily runroom was cleangreat placemotelwifialaskahighlightsaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The room was a typical motel room but comfortable and fairly roomy. The great thing about this place is the location is pretty cool. The room was quiet and the bed although not the best I've slept in it wasn't bad. The owners are really out going and very accommodating. And they had a presentation by an Iditarod Champion -- for FREE -- where do you get to go to a presentation and meet a lead sled dog and not have to pay a lot. Didn't know about the presentation and it ended up being one of the highlights of our 23 day motorcycle ride to Canada.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CastellanosML
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had played on camping the night we were going through Tok, but ended up too tired to set up a tent. We were impressed by how friendly the lady was on the phone, and booked a room. The room was $110 and no charge for pets. We were in a building with vaulted ceilings and were very impressed for a small town and a very affordable price. The accoutrements were a bit old, but clean. We were most impressed by how friendly the staff were.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near wifi. It's free, but very slow.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank summers_child13
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Tish is the kindest woman you will find in Alaska! She is super thoughtful and genuinely sweet. We felt at home right away. The rooms were clean and she even had started heating them for us before arrival which was such a pleasant surprise. I ended up leaving my credit card on the bed accidentally and realized it too late. Tish had even tried reaching my phone to let me know but I was out of network. Tish offered to send it to me but it turns out that we were stopping by Tok again a few days later so she held it for me! When we arrived the second time, she greeted us with iced tea and spent some time on the porch with us which was much appreciated. I can't say enough how genuine Tish is and how much i appreciated her; I felt like I had a sister and a friend combined into one! A very pleasant surprise in Tok!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank SaraSelavie
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I ended up staying at the Golden Bear for ten days earlier this summer due to car problems and I just cannot say enough good things about the great folks who run the place. Tish and Rob were always available and eager to answer any questions or fulfill any requests that I had--truly excellent customer service! And they kept this up flawlessly all the way through the end of my stay by which time I had become somewhat of a fixture around the place. Very clean rooms, and an especially great lobby type space provided by the coffee shop and porch! Will definitely be staying with them again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms closest to the wifi router if internet speed is a priority for you
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife, parents, and I stayed at the Golden Bear a couple weeks ago. I had booked our rooms nearly 6 months ago, and spoken with Tish. She was so helpful when booking. During our 2 night stay at their motel, she, her husband, and her father were all so nice and accommodating. I would absolutely come back and have personally recommended this stop to all my friends upon my return home. Having stayed in more than a 1/2 dozen other places while in Alaska for 2 weeks this summer, I can honestly say that no other place's staff was as friendly and genuinely interested in making our stay a memorable one. While it's not a 5 star hotel, that's exactly what we were going for....a great, safe place to relax for a couple nights on our trip. Thank you Golden Bear!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family