“Great value friendly pace to stay”
Review of McKinley View B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trapper Creek
McKinley View B&B
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way from Denali to Seward and wished we could have stayed longer. We had a room facing Denali and the lovely view at the back of the house. Our room led directly on to a deck where we just sat and watched the birds and wildlife - and would have liked time to take a walk. The room was spotlessly clean and breakfast was ample and good. The only snag was that we hit the one night when the local pizza restaurant was closed - so we opted to take the drive to Talkeetna.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 77alex

Reviewed 16 February 2012

This B&B is just off the highway, but gives a real remote feel in location. A great way to break up the trip from the Anchorage area or MatSu Valley to Fairbanks, the McKinley View B&B exceeded all expectations with a very comfortable room, modern bath,great TV selection variety, free WiFi, kitchen/common room with TV (restaurant choices in Trapper Creek are slim to none in off season), delicious, hearty breakfast, and friendly hosts who are happy to visit and share local knowledge. Seems like thay have thought of everything you might want or need!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank retiredprofsuzi
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Located about a mile south of Trapper Creek AK right off the Parks Highway, this little treasure should be considered by anyone who wants a great value in a B&B heading anywhere north of Anchorage. Renee, the host, is extremely gracious, and communicates very well in advance of your stay. The B&B is just as described. There are 4 rooms, two with an incredible view of Denali. The day I went, it was clear, and have attached a picture which does not do it justice! The rooms were clean, comfortable and fitting, esp considering the cost per night in winter is only $75. This includes a full breakfast of all you can eat eggs, bacon, toast, juice and coffee. That alone would run you $15 at most restaurants in AK. The breakfast was excellent. The two rooms in the back open up to a deck with chairs that allow you sit and enjoy the awesome view. Since it was -10F when I was visiting, I didn't spend too much time out back, but the view is truly amazing. I used this B&B as a staging site for viewing the Northern Lights, with its great exposure to the north. Unfortunately, mother nature did not cooperate the night I stayed, but I would come back here in a heartbeat. If I wanted to be super picky, the only possible complaint I might have were the somewhat thin walls allowing you to hear the people next door to you, but the positives of this B&B WAY outweigh the single negative I could find. I would 100% recommend this place. It is about 2 hours north of ANC, and two hours south of the entrance to Denali.

Room Tip: The two rooms on the north side of the house have the view....ask for them.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank gsx1990
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Found the place quite easily (after a brief 'phone conversation with the gracious hostess). It's just off the main road, thus entailing no detours and delays. Great views from the rooms, good breakfast and conversation. Absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ilan E
Reviewed 14 October 2011

What a great view and beautiful property. They were able to accomodate me in order for me to complete a grizzly hunt. Outstanding folks, very courteous, and very helpful! Thank you both for everything.

Jason

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2011

My wife and I chose this basically because it was between Homer and Fairbanks while we were doing our own driving in Alaska. We had already stayed at Denali on a group tour and were looking for something a bit quieter and less pricey than a Denali lodge. To some it might seem "in the middle of nowhere." But the host suggested a great German (go figure) pizza place for dinner up the road. The setting is gorgeous with very spacious grounds. The house and rooms are quiet and immaculate. And the breakfast was plentiful and superb. I was able to use my laptopp computer while sitting on the back porch with stunning views (direct access from our room). All in all, this was just a lovely B&B at which to stay, with first class rooms, service and food.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2011

This place is awesome! The rooms are the best! We love the moose room!! Everything is exceptionally clean! And the food is incedible!!!! To add to that, the owners Rod and Renee are just super! They make you feel like family. The view from their backporch of Mt. McKinley is spectacular! I refilled this place to anyone, anytime of year!!!

• Stayed: July 2011

Been to McKinley View B&B? Share your experiences!