McKinley View B&B
Talkeetna Cabins(Talkeetna)
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsback porchjams and jelliesa great place to staynext morningown bathroomstay there againreneerodpondmttalkeetnapropertyalaskafutonhostesshosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I agree exactly with the other comments. Gracious and friendly hosts, great breakfast, great setting. Just a wonderful place to stay. My wife and I stayed there in the bear room July 7th & 8th 2012, the weather was not good for 2 days. But on the morning we were leaving to go down south to the Kenai the weather changed overnight and the morning dawned bright and clear. The view of the Mountain was spectacular and we became members of the 30% club.

Angela's Heaven is a place "NOT TO BE MISSED" just up the road a couple of miles on the right (115mm). From the road it doesn't look like much, but don't let that fool you. One inside, it's clean, warm and friendly, great, great food! Angela was very busy when we were there but she took the time to explain everything to us. Just a wonderful lady.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way from Denali to Seward and wished we could have stayed longer. We had a room facing Denali and the lovely view at the back of the house. Our room led directly on to a deck where we just sat and watched the birds and wildlife - and would have liked time to take a walk. The room was spotlessly clean and breakfast was ample and good. The only snag was that we hit the one night when the local pizza restaurant was closed - so we opted to take the drive to Talkeetna.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 77alex
Reviewed 16 February 2012

This B&B is just off the highway, but gives a real remote feel in location. A great way to break up the trip from the Anchorage area or MatSu Valley to Fairbanks, the McKinley View B&B exceeded all expectations with a very comfortable room, modern bath,great TV selection variety, free WiFi, kitchen/common room with TV (restaurant choices in Trapper Creek are slim to none in off season), delicious, hearty breakfast, and friendly hosts who are happy to visit and share local knowledge. Seems like thay have thought of everything you might want or need!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank retiredprofsuzi
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Located about a mile south of Trapper Creek AK right off the Parks Highway, this little treasure should be considered by anyone who wants a great value in a B&B heading anywhere north of Anchorage. Renee, the host, is extremely gracious, and communicates very well in advance of your stay. The B&B is just as described. There are 4 rooms, two with an incredible view of Denali. The day I went, it was clear, and have attached a picture which does not do it justice! The rooms were clean, comfortable and fitting, esp considering the cost per night in winter is only $75. This includes a full breakfast of all you can eat eggs, bacon, toast, juice and coffee. That alone would run you $15 at most restaurants in AK. The breakfast was excellent. The two rooms in the back open up to a deck with chairs that allow you sit and enjoy the awesome view. Since it was -10F when I was visiting, I didn't spend too much time out back, but the view is truly amazing. I used this B&B as a staging site for viewing the Northern Lights, with its great exposure to the north. Unfortunately, mother nature did not cooperate the night I stayed, but I would come back here in a heartbeat. If I wanted to be super picky, the only possible complaint I might have were the somewhat thin walls allowing you to hear the people next door to you, but the positives of this B&B WAY outweigh the single negative I could find. I would 100% recommend this place. It is about 2 hours north of ANC, and two hours south of the entrance to Denali.

Room Tip: The two rooms on the north side of the house have the view....ask for them.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank gsx1990
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Found the place quite easily (after a brief 'phone conversation with the gracious hostess). It's just off the main road, thus entailing no detours and delays. Great views from the rooms, good breakfast and conversation. Absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends