“Breathtaking!”
Review of McKinley View B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trapper Creek
McKinley View B&B
Eagle River, Alaska
“Breathtaking!”
Reviewed 6 December 2010

Had the luck and pleasure of meeting Rod and Renee, the owners of McKinley View B & B. When I say luck, it is because our snow machine group got stuck out in the wilderness without a GPS. Not able to free my machine, my friend took my two boys out of woods and made his way to McKinley View B&B. They opened their home and took everyone in without question. Rod even got a party together and searched for me until 4 am. I had to stay out all night in the cold but was at ease because my boys were warm and safe and the most friendly hosts at any B&B I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hillsborough, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 July 2010

The little town of Trapper Creek on Parks Highway had one good eating place – Angela's Heaven. The German woman created the equivalent of a meat lover’s pizza with reindeer sausage, Canadian bacon and a variety of other meats. A review described her pizza as awesome. We agree.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Doug63
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 1 September 2009

From the moment I arrived, Rodney and Renee made me feel just like family. I stayed for 5 nights and was lucky enough to see McKinley out full peak for 2 days. The rooms are lovely with a private bath in each one. Renee certainly makes sure you have a FULL breakfast in the morning. If you leave hungry, it's your own fault. While there I was able to see "Ray" the resident raven, coyotes, eagles and even sandhill cranes. Can't beat the location about halfway between Anchorage and Denali Park. I really appreciated the computer with internet access downstairs so that I could log my geocaching finds. When I get out here again, I will without a doubt stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank lalouque
Coopersville,Mi
Reviewed 28 August 2009

We recently visited mckinley b&b we totally enjoyed our visit there Rod and Renee made us feel right at home, i miss the great breakfast we got every morning, the view was so beautiful hope to visit again!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Comstock Park, MI
Reviewed 25 August 2009

What a beautiful place! Had full view of Mt McKinley - property is so nice, pond, 95 acres of peace! Owners Rod & Renee were just great, had a full breakfast every morning (liked it so much we stayed for 4 nights!!!!) - They also told us of great places to go in the area, horsebackriding, Talkneena, etc. We would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
southampton
Reviewed 6 August 2009

What a wonderful place. We were made welcome the minute we arrived. The room was very clean and comfortable and we were in the room called the bear room where all the accessories in the room are to do with bears even down to the coffe mugs. The room we had looked out to a wonderful view of acres of land and had a pond in the garden with ducks. There are trails you can walk without leaving the property and you can sit out on the verandah and enjoy the views with wonderful views of the mountains. Renee provides a wonderful breakfast to start the day and both renee and rod made us feel very welcome. We would definately return to this B & B and would recommend it without a doubt.

Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank annbobSouthampton
central Alabama
Reviewed 1 August 2009

The hosts were wonderful, the accommodations were outstanding. Probably the best value of our trip to Alaska. Just about half way to Danali from Anchorage, easy to find, and views like no other (Alaskan Range, Mt. McKinley). I used "Google Earth" to find it. Make a note that it is not where they show it. I think the "Trappers Creek" address makes it point to the incorrect location.
We highly reccommend McKinley Veiw B & B going North toward Fairbanks and again, for a break, coming back to Anchorage.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
#1 of 17 in Talkeetna
Susitna River Lodging
Susitna River Lodging
#1 of 19 in Talkeetna

Been to McKinley View B&B? Share your experiences!