“Yummy” 4 of 5 bubbles

Old Town Burgers
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Valdez
Cuisines: American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I had the halibut and chips because I did not think fried salmon was possible. As I tried some of my dad's fried salmon, I was glad I tried the halibut. The fried salmon was not bad, but the halibut was juicier.

The fries here are delicious.

Visited August 2014

Fairfield, California
“best burger in Alaska”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We ate dinner at Oldtown Burgers. This was very casual with picnic tables inside. My Lonely Planet book mentioned homemade curly fries, so I had those and a cheeseburger. OMG. Best burger and fries in Alaska so far! I ordered mine well done, and it was still moist and tasty, as was the bun. So glad we came here -- a must if I return to Valdez.

The only improvement I would suggest is ice for the canned sodas.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Pinders
Box Elder, South Dakota
“Not to write home about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I had the chicken basket and M had the halibut meal. There was plenty to be had, but the atmosphere and the service were no more than normal.

I would think that breakfast would be better. The menu indicated a three egg & meat breakfast for $8.95, so that has value, especially in Alaska where the prices to eat out are higher than the lower 48.

Oh, a soda or bottled water came with the meal, but the only diet sodas both had caffein.

The only seating is at picnic tables, so if you decide to eat there, eat fast.

• Visited August 2014
Hartford, Connecticut
“Mediocre at best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Glorified food truck... and not a good one. Burger was very good, not great or inventive. Halibut was dry, dry, dry. "Curly fries" were mediocre at best. Soda cans or water to drink. The atmosphere was not made up by excellent food. Not a value.

• Visited July 2014
Anchorage, Alaska
“Work on those people skills”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The food was simple but hot and delicious. We went there twice while in Valdez. You've got to try the mini~ burgers ~ No way are they mini, not in size or flavor. The young ladies that work there are not doing this place justice by having such an impersonal attitude. The first time we went there the menus were practically thrown at us and the waitress was on the cold side. If not for the great taste and size of the helpings we would not have returned.

Visited July 2014