“Perfect spot”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Valdez
Eagle's Rest RV Park
Tok, Alaska
“Perfect spot”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Centrally located, within walking distance of all of Valdez ' s attractions, restaurants and shops. Super friendly staff, spotless showers with plenty of hot water. Very nicely landscaped with lots of beautiful flowers. A great place to stop while enjoying all that Valdez has to offer. I stayed two nights in an RV space. Be sure to visit all three museums in town. Each is unique and interesting. Highlight of my visit was cruise to Meares Glacier on Stan Stephens boat. Not to be missed. Worth every penny and more for all you see.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank KB1948

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are accustomed to our own space so these cabins were a challenge but we made it work. I wish the campers had the old fashioned sites to park in, instead of a huge parking lot. Doesn't look like camping to me. Everyone was very pleasant at the front desk.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Progolfer3777
House Springs, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed in the super sites which had 50 amp during the 4th of July holiday. This campground is close to everything. We were able to walk to all of the festivities for the 4th. Our kids LOVED all of the games that the city of Valdez plans. It was awesome. My son even won a fishing rod in the Salmon Race today, July 5th. The best thing about the campground other than being close to everything was the FREE salmon dinner. The salmon was perfectly grilled and it was free. We brought a side dish to share and it was so much fun. The people at the campground were so friendly and helpful. So glad we stayed here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lauren F
Everett, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed in one of the little cabins and it was adorable AND very efficiently laid out. It had a microwave and refrigerator. It even had a little flat screen HD TV! The only thing that was not good was the shower. It was made for a small child. The nozzle was so low I had to bend over to do my hair and I'm only 5'7. The people working there were nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here for a week. Great place that is right in the center of Valdez. Nice facilities and Awesome employees. the views are just breathtaking. Will definitely stay here again. Wi-Fi works very well also.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Shawn M
Eagle River, Alaska
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed in Cabin #17 - right on the end of a row of perfect little cabins. When we pulled up to the cabin, I wondered how 2 adults and a kiddo would fit in the cabin all night. I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, it was a tiny space, but the cabin had everything we needed - Bathroom, microwave, coffee pot, fridge, TV, and heater. I think we had more space than my in laws who were staying in their RV.
I was 7 months pregnant when we traveled and the bed was comfortable enough for me to get a decent night's sleep. (I believe pregnant women give the best bed reviews since we are the pickiest!)
Yes, we were right along the road - but there was no road noise, even though we were there at peak salmon season (aka people everywhere). Being near the road also meant that we could easily access the paved walkway that runs along the road. We easily took my daughter out to explore.
The RV and tent sites looked like a packed parking lot. No trees. Just open gravel and grass. I was happy to have at least a parking spot separating our cabin from the neighbor.
Only minor annoyance I had was that the shower was so short. I am 5'8 and the water spout came down to my nose. Took some maneuvering to get the top of my head wet. But that was just a tiny problem for me.
We may make a yearly trip to stay in these perfect little cabins. Loved it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank passaskat
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We didn't have a reservation but the staff found us a spot, They had a fishing derby going on and were expecting a caravan. After check in they showed us a map of the town, where some of the sights were and information about the surrounding area. We used them to purchase tickets for a day cruise on the Prince William Sound (Stan Stephens - highly recommend too). They arranged pick up and drop off in the park. No ticket charges and extremely fast and friendly service. This is a very large park with no trees or separation between the campers, but the surrounding views of the mountains, waterfalls and skies are wonderful. We didn't have a problem with the internet, but we were parked right next an antenna. There is a safeway within walking distance. I used the laundry and it worked fine, although I don't understand how such large machines can have such small capacities. Laundry prices were some of the lowest we found in Alaska. Overall a five star full service park with full hookups, wifi, cable and they let you wash your rig for no extra cost. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Be sure to make a reservation if you're visiting in August. It is a very busy month.