“Best Ceviche in Alaska”

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: listed on yelp and lonely planet
Description: listed on yelp and lonely planet
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The best ceviche I tied in Alaska were the shrimp, halibut and salmon ceviche at Ernesto's. Ernesto puts the ceviche on a tostada, and serves it with fresh cilantro, jalapenos, onions, and lime. The result is an amazing flavor that enhances the seafood. Other places put ginger and other ingredients that overpowers the dish. Delicious :)

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We have eaten here several times over the years, but this time my wife wanted chicken tortilla soup, it was not on the menu so I asked our waiter. We were told it was one of the chefs specials and is not on the menu but made special if requested. My wife grew up in Los Angeles, we have traveled all over the world and she says this is the best tortilla soup she has ever had. I had one of the combo plates, all of which were from good to very good. I do have to agree with one of the other posters that the beans were nothing special, but overall the meal was very good and look forward to stopping in again next month when we are back in town.

The waiter was excellent and the chef stopped over to say hello and see if we were enjoying our meal. From people who live in Alaska, not something we see often from places we eat and is very much appreciated!

Reviewed 21 June 2013

High quality Mexican food and seafood in Valdez. We ate there several times. We had the blackened shrimp, the halibut fajita, and the halibut specials. All were excellently prepared and very tasty. Prices were similar to other restaurants in Alaska – all of which are high. Our waiter, Hector, was terrific and it was great not having to eat fried food in the midst of Alaska. If you’re in Valdez and in the mood for Mexican food, this is your place. Recommended.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Delicious food. Owner is the cook. Waiter was his son. They were so nice to talk with. My husband loves Mexican food. He said this was on his list as one of his best!!

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Of course this is the only Mexican restaurant in town but it is excellent. My family and I ate here during our stay in Valdez and found the service, atmosphere and food to be very good. The portions were nice and the food is made fresh when you order. The Crab & Shrimp Conqueso & chips meal was was great! The only complaint I could give would be that there are no free refills for fountain drinks. You must pay for each glass. However, we would certainly eat here again!