“Not what I was expecting.”
Review of THC Off The Hook Bar and Grill - CLOSED

THC Off The Hook Bar and Grill
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dundas, Canada
“Not what I was expecting.”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Wasn't sure if this was the right choice as I was thinking and in the mood for something a little different on my Alaskan adventure. I was way off. Excellent and so glad we chose this place for dinner!

Haifa, Israel
“Excellent Code fish”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My friends (10) and myself arrived at the restaurant with no reservation, and enjoy a very good food and service! I had a code, and it was the best code I ever had!

Dr. Itzik Gonen

Gouldsboro, Pennsylvania
“Favorite Restaurant in Valdez”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Food - very fresh and delicious -
The halibut tacos are to die for -
The view of the harbor is a terrific plus.

Visited June 2014
somewhere in
“I liked Off The Hook slightly more than Old Town Burgers”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My family (two adults with four young children) tried both restaurants which are casual and great for families. Both have great food. I would recommend this restaurant over Old Town Burgers (OTB) because it has beautiful views of the harbor and has a little more Alaska ambiance (there is a stuffed brown bear for kids to check out at the entrance). Old Town Burgers has a cheaper menu and enormous portion sizes but less selection and feels like a bowling alley restaurant.
At Off The Hook, I had the halibut with lemon caper sauce -- excellent. I did not enjoy my side of rice since it was white rice with a dollop of soy sauce, and so I would recommend getting mashed potatoes or something different. The fries were better here than at OTB. My husband said his sockeye salmon was a little dry but the mango salsa more than made up for it. The service was alright... about on par with OTB. Considering the small town nature of Valdez, both restaurants are great. If we return, I will probably stick with Off The Hook.

Sorrento, Italy
“Very good food , service and view”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our meal. The food was very good. The menu options were varied and interesting. The service was very good. The view of the harbor was fun and interesting.

1 Thank gress8