“Excellent magic carpet”

VSHelicopters Tours
Ranked #4 of 13 Tours in Valdez
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Don't miss the trip of a lifetime! The most beautiful flying in all of Alaska is HERE in the world famous Chugach Mountains and Prince William Sound. Experience walking on a glacier...drink the water, see your reflexion in a crystal clear blue pool of glacier water! See the majestic Columbia Glacier up close. See huge pieces of ice calve off into the ocean and hear the thunderous roar. Walk amongst the massive icebergs that get trapped on the shore as the ocean tide goes out. This is a MUST DO in Alaska!!! It's like having your very own National Geographic experience...in person! An experience to remember for a lifetime! If you are planning a flight seeing tour in Alaska, THIS is the one to do!!! We have the longest tours for the best prices in all of Alaska and the scenery is absolutely breath taking. Read what our guests are saying about us! We look forward to creating a magical experience for you...one that you will be talking about for years to come.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent magic carpet”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I never experienced helicopter before,but had a bad experience in small aircraft which gave me sought of motion sickness.If we're given chance I would give 10 stars. Leigh and Collen, the pilots were very kind and show us most part of the Columbia Glacier.The day in which we reserved flight was a rainy day in Valdez. We were little worried if we could land in Columbia Glacier, but they made the helicopter land smoothly like magic carpet. We saw few of wild life near the airport and some near glacier too.They were so good that they took the payments only after we returned as they said based on weather situations and landing possibility we can make the payments at the end of the trip.

AKHeliFlyer, Owner at VSHelicopters Tours, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
I'm so glad you two were up for an adventure even in the rain! We had so much fun flying with you! Thank you for the fantastic review and we really hope you have a great rest of your trip around Alaska. Thank you!!!

Valdez, Alaska
“Columbia Glacier = Amazing experience!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

As a sea kayak guide who has paddled at Columbia Glacier more times than I can count, my helicopter ride out there was an extremely unique and special experience. Columbia Glacier is one of the most beautiful, dynamic and exciting places that I've ever been to. It's hard to find the right word to describe what it feels like to be soaring over this incredible land/icescape and to witness one of the most impressive glaciers in the world doing its' thing. I've always felt that glaciers are "alive", and this trip only intensified that for me. Columbia Glacier is in constant motion: cracking, popping, calving, shifting, creating awesome sounds and sights. This trip is definitely one of the coolest things I've done, because I was able to see all of this from above and from a beach directly in front of the face. I could watch this glacier for hours upon hours. Mike, guide and pilot, could have not said anything and the day still would have been amazing! But fortunately Mike did speak and I was very happy for that. He answered as many questions as I could fire at him and offered more beyond that. He's also a very skilled jump-shot photographer! In fact, everybody I met with VS was very helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. It always makes the experience better to have such experienced and knowledgeable local guides/pilots. I'd love for them all to come out in kayaks with me, so that I can offer them the unique perspective of seeing the glacier and the icebergs from water level. I recommend this experience to anybody! Make time for it!

Visited May 2014
Thank you so much for your awesome review! And for the super fun "jump shot" photos!!! We are always glad to get to share the heli experience with people who already know and love The Columbia Glacier. It is an amazing place and needs to be seen from every angle. We definitely want to experience it from the kayak as well, and hope to make that happen this summer. thanks again and have a fantastic summer season!
Valdez, Alaska
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Columbia Glacier”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is my third trip with Vertical Solutions Helicopters and this time it was to Columbia Glacier on 05/03/2014. The tour was fantastic with views that are amazing and our pilot Bret was very friendly and knowledgeable. Mike and Leigh the owners and pilots do their very best to ensure that your trip is one full of memories to last a lifetime. If you visit Valdez, Alaska then make sure to give them a call and discover what beauty and adventure awaits you here. I can't wait for another trip with them to see even more.

Visited May 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect! ”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

It's impossible to see all of Valdez in one day, even from a helicopter. But this is the most fun way to cover the most area. I plan on going again and again. Very comfortable, very smooth, very fun!

1 Thank Jared C
Anchorage, Alaska
“Close to Spiritual”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I recently was fortunate enough to go on a trip with Vertical Solutions,the pilot, Douglas was Awesome, I was with my 12 yr. old son who has only flown in a plane once was immediately put at ease after seeing how clean and mechanically sound the Aircraft were, and how serious the safety procedures were taken, we were all comfortable, can't say much more about the scenery, everyone knows how beautiful it is in Valdez, but when he took the time to take us over Schoop Glacier and be able to land, explore and see the history of an abandoned Gold mine from the 1800's, my son was instantly interested in the logistics of how all that huge heavy equipment got there, he Awakened a desire to learn more.To top it off, we had the moon coming up over the mts. and Alpenglow from Sunset! Thx. for a priceless bond we will never forget.And we are all appreciative of the Rescues you have assisted in, selfless and classy!

Visited August 2013

Been to VSHelicopters Tours? Share your experiences!