“Best Halibut Sandwich”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Gold Beach, Oregon
“Best Halibut Sandwich”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This is my must stop every time I go to Valdez, Alaska. The halibut sandwich is absolutely perfect! Moist, tender and perfectly seasoned. This time it seems the price has jumped considerably but the product is great. I also feel that the service was a little off from my previous visits where I was made to feel like part of the family, this time not so much. Still I would go back because its the food I love.

• Visited August 2013

Aubrey, Texas
“Local seafood at reasonable prices”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The halibut was fresh, food was good. Just wish the halibut was battered not breaded. All in all it was good but just ok. However this is Valdez and option are limited.

• Visited July 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hometown cooking, reasonable prices good food”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We like to eat a a more local eatery and this was recommended to us. The food was wonderful and the prices were reasonable. I would eat here again.

Visited July 2013
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Salmon fish and chips”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I had the salmon fish and chips, and it was fantastic! The salmon as very fresh and flavorful. The fries were fries. For me, Alaska is all about the salmon and lots of it. The place was definitely no frills, but who needs frills when you've got good salmon. Someone in town suggested the crispies, waffle fries with garlic and cheese. They were good, but not great. I'd eat there again.

• Visited July 2013
Asheville, North Carolina, Usa
“No-frills fish house”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My wife and I ate fried halibut and fried prawns here. Really good seafood! Nothing fancy. Paper boats for the food, reasonable prices, and friendly service. Even a senior discount on some items. If I were in Valdez again, I'd revisit here for sure.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank RoadMode

Been to Alaska Halibut House? Share your experiences!