“Mixed reviews”

Fu Kung Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 29 Restaurants in Valdez
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Didn't expect the Chinese in a small town to be as good as it was. The orange beef was perfectly done. The soft noodles(lo mien), was a little off. The fried rice was way off. The atmosphere and staff were both very pleasant. All and all it was a nice experience.

1  Thank Joyce C

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We thought it was excellent and we had Chinese food. Service good and quick. We were pleasantly surprised with cost and quality.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

On a rainy Wednesday night, I decided to try out Fu Kung based on a coworker's recommendation so I put on my rain gear and walked there. There was one person ahead of me waiting for a table which was weird since the entire middle section was vacant and the right side had 3 tables open (the left side was full). The person in front of me left and I decided to wait quietly on the bench. Several times the older male or female staff would walked by and say, "I'm sorry" and others they would avoid eye contact by looking at the floor as they walked by. After 15 minutes, I politely asked the male if I could be seated and pointed to several open tables, and all I got back was "I'm sorry." Well, they certainly have sorry communication skills and even sorrier customer service. Pretty poor business practice to have wealthy oil & gas customers walk away unhappy, and I intend to spread the word.

2  Thank Todd B
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Fu Kung has been a favorite of mine for many years. Mongolian Beef is excellent and service is very good. large dishes and great selection

Reviewed 30 June 2014

They had excellent Chinese food served large serving sizes fit to feed a hungry sourdough or a couple of visiting tourists. But the restaurant was looking a little tired. everything was clean, but the tables, chairs, and decor looked like it had not changed since my last visit, 10 years before. The food was still worse going, but its time for an interior make over.