“poor service”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Unfriendly staff and a long wait for mediocre overpriced food. The write up appealed to us to cover everyone's likes but was overdone and exaggerated. Another table seated well after our party of 5 received 3 of the same entrees we ordered, get their food before us. French dip was fatty and skimpy, but the burgers were good but $14.50!

1  Thank Barbara K

Reviewed 29 June 2013

The Totem Inn was by far the worst dining experience of our two-week trip to Alaska. The service was simply terrible. The waitress must have apologized three or four times for her lack of attentiveness, forgetting to bring what we'd ordered, and just generally doing a crummy job. She kept saying she was having a bad day, and was spaced out. My expectations aren't very high in a place with a salad bar and I'm happy to roll with the punches, but they weren't very busy and this bad service was inexcusable.

We all ordered seafood and it was routine. Several of the drinks we ordered they were out of. Our meals arrived at different times and one or two of us had to wait. There was nothing really wrong with the food. But combining average food without much flavor with the bad service was a disappointing experience. It was our only night in Valdez, so I don't know what other dining options there are in town. I'd look elsewhere first.

2  Thank CardsFanIowa
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Ate breakfast twice here recently. The breakfast was very good and the staff very friendly and helpful. The portions were large and the prices are pretty reasonable. The restaurant has a cool Alaska decor with lots of animal mounts in the restaurant. Also they open at 5am, which is great if you are going out on a charter. I would definitely eat here again.

1  Thank MedicG
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Nice staff, beautiful gifts and best of all was the food! We ate breakfast and dinner there and both where amazing. Big portions and very tasty.

1  Thank Nathan K
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Right by the boat docks, we enjoyed a good lunch. The salmon sandwich was wonderful and I upgraded to some of the best sweet potato fries that I've ever had!! We shared theis steamers which were good and my husband has their Toyko Lettuce Wrap.

1  Thank Judy G