“Not a good stay”

Best Western Valdez Harbor Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Valdez
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Checked in early which was nice as I was on business and had to work the night shift. I told the staff and requested a quiet room. I got to my room which was right next to housekeeping, the ice machine and the side door. I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt. Once I settle in my room I went into the bathroom and smelled a really strong glue-like smell. I figured something was recently repaired and it would go away. It did not, in fact it got worse. It was very toxic smelling and permeated into the bedroom by the next day. My second day of sleeping I was awoken by the vacuum cleaner right outside my door and the wall vibrating from the washing machine. I felt sick from the fumes and reported it to the front desk. They said they would look into it for me. Unfortunately I am not inclined to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Best Western Valdez Harbor Inn

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Great price/service Located in center of town, right on water. great breakfast, quiet. Very helpful staff. Definatley will stay there again. I would also recommend this hotel to anyone that is going to stay in Valdez.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter L
BWValdezHarborInn, General Manager at Best Western Valdez Harbor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

My staff and I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for you traveling needs. We hope to be able to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the rooms at this hotel. Everything seemed to be recently updated. Nice bedding and towels, microwave and fridge. The included breakfast was very generous, lots of options. We also ate dinner in their restaurant. Pricey but delicious

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Jltho

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We arrived later in the evening and were pleasantly surprised. The room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was included in the price. You can walk to all the little shops and restaurants. I would definitely book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Our room was overlooking the parking lot which was convenient for us to pull the car up and unload o...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We enjoyed our stay here and had a room with a partial view of the harbor and the mountains. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff were very pleasant but did not offer any help with facilitating alternative arrangements when our ferry was cancelled. I was surprised that one Best Western Hotel was unwilling to contact another when one of their (overseas) guests was clearly in trouble! The lady receptionist seemed to have no knowledge of how the payphone worked with regard to long distance calls - there was no visible card or coin slot.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We had problems with TV not working and could not get anyone to fix or change it. About three hours after being told someone would be right up we left, never having seen anyone. A TV seems like a basic amenity and I would expect they would have working TVs.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations. The buck stops here I am the General Manager and I take full responsibility for the condition of your room I will make sure this never happens again once again I am truly sorry.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

This was the best place to stay in town. They are located right next to the harbor and many of the excursions take off right next store. The room was comfortable and we had a fridge which was really nice. The breakfast was good and the attendant was refreshing items and checking temperature levels several times while we were there. The room was tiny but there was room in the lobby to sit as well. Business center available.

We were within walking distance to many hotels and stores. Beautiful view of the mountains and glaciers from the hotel. Right down the road from the Horsetail and Brides veil waterfalls.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Also consider these accommodations in or near Valdez
Totem Hotel & Suites
#1 of 5 in Glennallen
Mountain Sky Hotel
Mountain Sky Hotel
#4 of 5 in Valdez

Been to Best Western Valdez Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!