“Valdez Alaska Business Visit”

Best Western Valdez Harbor Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Valdez
Kasaan, AK, United States
“Valdez Alaska Business Visit”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The Valdez Best Western is as fine as can be had in town. The amenities are very good and the location is ideal. The shuttle service is a blessing and the folks there helpful and kind. I am definitely making this my destination for further trips to Valdez.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWValdezHarborInn, General Manager at Best Western Valdez Harbor Inn, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
My staff and I really appreciate your business and we hope to see you again Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Newport News, VA
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Valdez for 2 nights. It is an older hotel but still nice. We had an oversized (HUGE!) room with a sofa, balcony and tons of closet space. The door to the room was not right on the hallway. You walked up a couple of stairs off the hallway to get to our room door. We didn't hear anything once we got in the room. There is no AC but we survived with the windows open and a fan running. The view of the mountains from the balcony was nice. The hotel is located right on the harbor. They provide a free breakfast in the morning. We really enjoyed our stay at the Best Western Valdez Harbor Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KRB21
Alaska
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Overall cleanliness was below par. The hallway and room had a strong musty odor. (Housekeeping didn't find the half empty lotion container or the loose .22 cartridge under the edge of the bed, but I did when reaching for a pen.) Coffee left in the carafe. Time for a thorough cleaning throughout!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank GoNorthToAlaska
BWValdezHarborInn, General Manager at Best Western Valdez Harbor Inn, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations. The buck stops here I am the General Manager and I take full responsibility for the condition of your room I will make sure this never happens again once again I am truly sorry.
Kodiak, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The staff and facilities were great. Good seafood at the resturant and a complete breakfast included with the room. Everything was clean and the staff was friendly. The only downer was two inches of standing water in the parking lot directly infront of the main entrance. Rain happens . . . drainage is necessary.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Martin O
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Good location close to town and main road. Clean good beds and amenities and breakfast was included. They had laundry facilities $3 a load and a very small pool. Great big main breakfast area overlooked the docks and had a nice view of the mountains. Our room on the second floor overlooked the coast guard inlet and had a great view of the mountains. We even saw a sea otter in the inlet. The restaurant in the hotel was fine. We had a fish and chips 2 burger and fries ran us about $50. Most of the service staff were nice. I would stay there again but would recommend a thai take out place a block away where Alaskans line up around the block to get some thai take out food.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Frotripping
My staff and I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for you traveling needs. We hope to be able to serve you again soon.
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The floors are creaky, the rooms are small, in winter the car park is a skating ring or a slushy mess but it's Valdez. This hotel in a very loud way says "Welcome to Alaska" from the little Glacier Bear in the lobby to the wooded construction and the view it is surely an Alaskan place to stay. The "harbor" view offer the entertainment of watching otters eat and play beneath some of the prettiest mountains I have seen. The restaurant is hit and miss and quite expensive for what you get so I usually take a short walk to a little pizza place which is just across the road and down towards the road you come in on. Valdez gets a lot of snow so in winter the car park is either a skating ring or a bumpy slushy mess so if you are driving a 2 wheel drive car be very careful!

• Stayed May 2013
Anchorage, United States
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Checked in early which was nice as I was on business and had to work the night shift. I told the staff and requested a quiet room. I got to my room which was right next to housekeeping, the ice machine and the side door. I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt. Once I settle in my room I went into the bathroom and smelled a really strong glue-like smell. I figured something was recently repaired and it would go away. It did not, in fact it got worse. It was very toxic smelling and permeated into the bedroom by the next day. My second day of sleeping I was awoken by the vacuum cleaner right outside my door and the wall vibrating from the washing machine. I felt sick from the fumes and reported it to the front desk. They said they would look into it for me. Unfortunately I am not inclined to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Valdez
Totem Hotel & Suites
#1 of 14 in Valdez
Alaska Copper River B&B
Alaska Copper River B&B
#1 of 5 in Glennallen

Been to Best Western Valdez Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!