“Unprofessional”

Alaska Kozey Cabins
Anchorage, Alaska
“Unprofessional”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The cabins are adorable, but definitely need maintenance and updating. The beds in our cabin were very old and uncomfortable. The carport that everyone sees when they enter the grounds was an eyesore packed full of junk and old furniture. We stayed for a couple of months and the owner's behaviors were more erratic as the time passed. Also, she was extremely unorganized. If you stay here, get everything in writing!!! She conveniently forgot several things she promised and then acted like I was bothering her if I reminded her of them. When we were staying here, there were several renters of neighboring cabins who were unhappy with their stays too. One family told of being accused of using too much wifi (which was shared between several cabins and free according to the website) and was asked to pay a high charge even when they stated that they rarely used the internet there.

I would advise anyone to look into other options in the Palmer area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank LovetoTravelAK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Juneau, AK
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I had some family come to stay for a short time. The hotels wanted an incredible amount of money for a two night stay - even with the local rate! I called Kozey Kabins and found they had an opening even tho my son would have to stay in 2 different cabins. The price was a third less than the hotels but gave us so much more. I hadn't seen them so I went to look and was so pleased! Nice and clean and so functional! Just about 2 miles from downtown Wasilla and the Parks HWY. He slept so comfortably and the cabin was decorated so nicely. This will be where all my out of town company stays from now on. Thank you, Jenny!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Pennellville
Reviewed 30 October 2012

My wife and I and one of her younger sisters and her husband stayed at this location for 7 nights while visiting another resident sister and her new grandaughter. Convienient to vererything in Wasilla and the surrounding area. Cabin was perfect for our needs. Two bedrooms one downstairs and an upstairs loft with sleeping for several others. Comfortable gas heater barbecue grill on porch for our use cable TV. Nothing missing except moose in the back yard! Enjoyed our stay and would stay here again when visiting family in Alaska.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Portland Oregon
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I stayed here over Thanksgiving. It was very cold outside, but warm and wonderful inside. The owner was great. I never actually met her, but talked with her on the phone. I liked that no one bothered me. The cabin was clean. The bed was comfortable. I loved the front porch and the decor was lovely and very Alaskan. And thanks Jenny for letting me stay an extra night. It was wonderful.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank katt238
Hartsville, South Carolina, USA
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Can't say enough great things about our stay at Kozey Cabins. After a long flight from South Carolina, my wife and I were very pleased with the comfortable accommodations provided. We were looking for a place that offered a little flavor of Alaska and was more affordable than area hotels. We weren't disappointed. Nestled in a canopy of trees with beautiful flowers splashing color all around, the cabins were not only more affordable than area hotels, but they offered so much more. Our cabin featured a first floor living area, a full bath and a small kitchen (refrigerator, stove, microwave, sink, dishes, etc). Upstairs were two large bedrooms. The cabin also featured cable TV, wireless internet and a large stainless steel gas grill on the front porch.

We stayed at Kozey Cabins for two nights as we planned the rest of our trip and picked up supplies in town, which was only a few minutes away. We thoroughly enjoyed our chats with Jinny (owner) and she was a great help in recommending restaurants and places to pick up the supplies we needed. We will definitely be back.

Thanks, Jinny! You got our vacation off to wonderful start.

Robin and Rene' Montgomery
Hartsville, S.C.
-- Stayed at Kozey Cabins August 31 and Sept. 1, 2011

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank brassi81
East Texas
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This was our first trip to Alaska and I had heard so many horrible stories about the local hotels. Since we were staying for a week, we decided to book a cabin instead and there is not much difference in pricing. Kozey Cabins was definitely the right choice. So comfortable and all of the conveniences of home. Gas grills with every cabin was great. Even went to the store and bought steaks to grill out one night. We had a great week in Wasilla and I believe that our stay at Kozey Cabins was part of the reason. I will be staying there on my next trip. Jinny runs the place and she is "dabomb"!

Room Tip: Call early for reservations and re-confirm a week or so ahead of your trip
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Eastexas
Mt.Sterling, Ky
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My family and I pulled up to the front and saw just how nice they looked on the outside and was even happier about the inside my kids loved it and wished we could stay longer. We there 3 days on our way to ninilchik and had to stay at a Microtel inn on the way back for the same price because this one was not available on return trip. Everything inside and out was clean including the gas grill which looked new. My recommendation is stay here do not go to any hotels in the areas they are the same price or higher and only get one room. Jinny was very friendly and helpful and told us about Hatchers pass which is close by and a excellant place were you drive to the top of the mountain and touch the snow. If we are ever passing thru we will stay there again. Thor Horseman Mt. Sterling Ky

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ThorMt_Sterling_Ky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wasilla
Best Western Lake Lucille Inn
Alaska Garden Gate B & B
Pioneer Motel
Pioneer Motel
#1 of 3 in Palmer
Hatcher Pass Bed & Breakfast
Alaska's Select Inn Hotel
Alaska's Lake Lucille Bed & Breakfast

Been to Alaska Kozey Cabins? Share your experiences!