“Wonderful cabin”

Alaska Kozey Cabins
Wisconsin
“Wonderful cabin”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We weren't sure what to expect based on some of the reviews, but were very pleased with our stay at Kozey Cabins. The cabin was clean and well furnished. Everything we needed was right there. The bed was very comfortable. There were two bedrooms upstairs, with bathroom, kitchen, dining area and living room downstairs. The owner, Jinny, was out of town for a family wedding but was readily available by phone. In fact, when we locked ourselves out of the cabin, she calmly talked us through the solution for getting back inside. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Wasilla. Was an easy drive to Talkeetna, where we did a flight seeing trip over Denali mountains with a landing on a glacier. After 2 nights, headed down to the Kenai Peninsula for the rest of our trip.

Room Tip: Our cabin was above the office, so had stairs on the outside to get to it. The other cabins on the...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Judy W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Portland Oregon
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The cabins are nice, but the owner is unpredictable. Be careful when making a reservation here. It may be canceled at any time. This happened to me twice. I will never reserve this place again.
I stayed here once, and it was great. The next time, I was told, she had never received the reservation or the money I'd sent. The 3rd time, she changed my reservation twice and then eventually canceled it.
I stayed here for 5 nights and kept the place clean. You wouldn't know anyone had stayed, so it wasn't me.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank katt238
Brighton
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Kozey cabins. Those with negative reviews have no sense of adventure and must have a need for the less rustic. We found the cabins charming and the owner very professional and helpful! The cabins had everything we needed!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The cabins are adorable, but definitely need maintenance and updating. The beds in our cabin were very old and uncomfortable. The carport that everyone sees when they enter the grounds was an eyesore packed full of junk and old furniture. We stayed for a couple of months and the owner's behaviors were more erratic as the time passed. Also, she was extremely unorganized. If you stay here, get everything in writing!!! She conveniently forgot several things she promised and then acted like I was bothering her if I reminded her of them. When we were staying here, there were several renters of neighboring cabins who were unhappy with their stays too. One family told of being accused of using too much wifi (which was shared between several cabins and free according to the website) and was asked to pay a high charge even when they stated that they rarely used the internet there.

I would advise anyone to look into other options in the Palmer area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank LovetoTravelAK
Juneau, AK
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I had some family come to stay for a short time. The hotels wanted an incredible amount of money for a two night stay - even with the local rate! I called Kozey Kabins and found they had an opening even tho my son would have to stay in 2 different cabins. The price was a third less than the hotels but gave us so much more. I hadn't seen them so I went to look and was so pleased! Nice and clean and so functional! Just about 2 miles from downtown Wasilla and the Parks HWY. He slept so comfortably and the cabin was decorated so nicely. This will be where all my out of town company stays from now on. Thank you, Jenny!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Pennellville
Reviewed 30 October 2012

My wife and I and one of her younger sisters and her husband stayed at this location for 7 nights while visiting another resident sister and her new grandaughter. Convienient to vererything in Wasilla and the surrounding area. Cabin was perfect for our needs. Two bedrooms one downstairs and an upstairs loft with sleeping for several others. Comfortable gas heater barbecue grill on porch for our use cable TV. Nothing missing except moose in the back yard! Enjoyed our stay and would stay here again when visiting family in Alaska.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Portland Oregon
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I stayed here over Thanksgiving. It was very cold outside, but warm and wonderful inside. The owner was great. I never actually met her, but talked with her on the phone. I liked that no one bothered me. The cabin was clean. The bed was comfortable. I loved the front porch and the decor was lovely and very Alaskan. And thanks Jenny for letting me stay an extra night. It was wonderful.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank katt238
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wasilla
Best Western Lake Lucille Inn
Agate Inn, Inc.
Agate Inn, Inc.
#3 of 25 in Wasilla
Alaska's Wasilla Bed and Breakfast

Been to Alaska Kozey Cabins? Share your experiences!