“Whole Lotta Fun!!..a must do!”

Heiny's ATV Adventures
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Marty was super friendly and very knowledgable about the area..a great ambassador for Alaska and good guide, he helped make the ATV adventure the highlight of our Alaska trip. The machines were too notch too. Perfect way to spend Father's Day with the family while on vacation..great scenery (Lake Eklutna), wildlife, ATV's, and cool guide. A must do!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

If you go all the way to Alaska and don't go on Heiny's ATV adventure YOU ARE CRAZY!!! We had a great day with Marty and plan to do it again the next time we travel to Alaska. Although we experienced all four seasons in about 5 hours the sun finally came out and it was PERFECT!!!
-Mike & Deborah

Reviewed 21 August 2013

My husband, two teenagers, and I did the Heiny's ATV Adventures Eklutna Lake Trail in June 2013. We got three ATVs with one passenger since my daughter was only 14 1/4 yrs. old. (You have to be at least 16 yrs. old to drive.) We brought our own lunch as directed and had a fun-filled day from about 10AM - 4:30PM! My 17 yrs. old son had never driven an ATV before. So, it was rather fun watching him get the hang of it. Let just say, his first attempt to make a turn didn't go so well.
During the hiking/walking portion of the tour, we saw some bears up the mountain and our first Forget Me Not flowers. I thought it was amusing that the Forget Me Not is the Alaskan State flower, but we did not see it anywhere during our Alaska travels (Fairbanks, Denali, Anchorage, Seward, and inland passage cruise), except for Eklutna Lake.
You will get filthy during your ride, but you'll also have lots of fun and pretty scenery!

2  Thank KailuaGal
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We did the Belanger pass all day ride and it was awesome!! At first I was not sure about an all day trip because I have never been on an ATV and I am no youngster!! Marty was our guide; he was great and you can tell he loves what he is doing. He was patient and once I got the hang of it ..we were off. He planned a great trip; After a couple hours we stopped and had lunch on a hill top and then we were off again. We saw parts of Alaska that we would never have been able to experience without these machines. They were comfortable, easy to ride and so much fun. We climbed mountains, went through rivers and the best part was to be surrounded by beauty the entire time! You just need a rain suit just in case..but he has everything else!

1  Thank GrlySandra
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Although Mother Nature didn't cooperate with our plans to do the long ride (snow still on the trail), we took the Eklutna Lake trail and still had a blast. My 14 year old son and I rode on a machine that was brand new and had awesome power. Marty is a wonderful guide and although he does this all the time, you would think he is having as much fun as you are. We were not rushed and took extra time looking for wildlife whenever we stopped. We had a nice lunch at the end of the trail and got in a little hike too. I will definitely be back to do that long ride to Belanger Pass or maybe even the Monument Mountain Trail!! Awesome view and fun fun fun time!!!

1  Thank Sheila P