“Tried it again and no better.”
Review of Piccolino's

Piccolino's
Ranked #18 of 129 Restaurants in Wasilla
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Eagle River, Alaska
“Tried it again and no better.”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The service is good, the food, not so much. All I can say is the Pizza is average and the Greek food is a bit better. I much prefer Pizza Man, down the street for really good Pizza. I don't go out for Greek to often. To me, that's always a warning sign when a restaurant specializes in two different types of food. It usually means they are not very good at either.

Visited September 2012

Wasilla alaska
“Never again”
Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

I'm late in posting this, but thought about it many times. Having read some good, and some bad reviews of this place, I figured I would give you my take. Been there tree times since they opened. Will I ever go back? No. The last time went about as good as the first time, except worse. My wife and I went for dinner. She ordered meatballs, I ordered a pizza. 45 minutes later she got her meal. Waitress said mine would be right out. After 5 minutes I told my wife she best eat her dinner while it was still warm. She did. Finished it. We waited ten more minutes, no waitress no pizza. Had enough. Went to the counter and told them. At that time they told me they burnt my pizza so they were going to make another one. I said forget it. No apology, not willing to make it right, everybody blamed someone else. I paid full price for my wife's dinner and they still wanted me to pay for a pizza that was not even done! I try to give new places a chance. But this was beyond bad. Don't eat there.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank Michael G
Whitehorse, Canada
“We will be back!”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We were looking for a place to get a really good salad, and thought we'd give this place a try, so it was our first time here. And ordering a salad on the first visit is usually a safe bet; if the salad is good then the rest will probably be also.
I know, you can't eat the decor, but I make note of it because it reminded me of the Italian decor we are used to seeing at another chain-type restaurant we've quit going to because of high prices, small portions, and poor service. The decor is very pleasant and comfortable, and that was what we were there for, to be comforted with a great salad, hopefully!
My wife ordered the Caesar salad, and it had a bountiful amount of grated cheese on it which went perfectly with their Caesar dressing (served on the side), which, come to find out, is made from scratch.
I ordered the Mediterranean salad, which is a Greek salad with your choice of chicken or Gyro meat on top. I ordered the gyro meat, and when it came I was surprised to see that the entire top of the salad was covered with thin strips of this very tasty meat! Another made-from-scratch vinaigrette dressing accompanied it, and it was wonderful.
The portion size was large; after this massive plate there wasn't room for anything else, and I went in there hungry.
Along with the salad was a basket of bread sticks that put the previously unmentioned Italian restaurant chain in last place. The same dough is used for their pizzas, so we look forward to going back and trying them out next time.
The service was excellent and not intrusive as is so often the case.

• Visited May 2013
Wasilla, Alaska, United States
“Good Food!”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I love their spaghetti and meatballs! service is so-so. I think the waitress last night was new and she seemed a little nervous. Food portions are good too. I wish they'd put a little more wine in a glass. I don't mine paying $8 for a glass of wine, but maybe fill it halfway, or close to it, yeesh.

• Visited February 2013
Chugiak, Alaska
“Finally, Italian”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Italian restaurants in Alaska tend to be American Italian, but this one has the full flavor. Scrap the pizza. Pizza is our number one food source and available everywhere. Try one of their gigantic calzones or better yet, a full course meal.