“Best way to see Alaska”

Alaskan Tour Guides Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 17 Tours in Wasilla
More attraction details
Owner description: Alaskan guided land Tours - All Inclusive* Alaska Land Tours, Multi Sport and Scenic trips, Family Tours, Custom and VIP Tours. Discover Kenai Fjords National Park, Denali National Park, in-between and beyond. These multi day trips explore glaciers, watch for wildlife, take part in many activities from thrilling to mild. Don't just see Alaska, discover, participate, and learn with Alaskan Tour Guides' small group tours.
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best way to see Alaska”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

What an amazing vacation! Within hours of starting our tour Bart had us all laughing and getting to know each other. Having taken multiple big bus tours, I will never be able to go on one again. The individual attention, the ease of making new friends and the flexibility of a group of 13 was amazing. Bart’s quirky sense of humor, fun quizzes and prizes, knowledge of Alaska and candy made this a unique adventure. The tour covered an awesome variety of adventures including glacier hiking, rafting, dog sledding (on dry land!), whale and glacier cruise and many more. Absolutely the best way to see Alaska!!! Carol and Ron (July 11th, 2014 10 day Grand Scenic Explorer)

2 Thank Carol P

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Alaskan Scenic Tour – 2014”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

In July 2014, my wife and I took the Alaskan Scenic Explorer Tour offered by Alaskan Tour Guides, Inc. This tour package provided the best and most popular sights of Alaska, led by a knowledgeable and entertaining tour guide (Bart Parker) with a small group in a comfortable van. The tour was well planned and organized with enough time and flexibility to thoroughly enjoy the daily activities and meals.
Half way through the tour I became extremely ill requiring medical attention and it appeared we would have to miss out on the rest of our trip. The tour company owner (Doreen Toller) quickly arranged for transportation to the local hospital emergency room in Wasilla Alaska. After being treated and released, Doreen used her personal car to pick us up at the hospital, transported us to the pharmacy to pick up prescribed mediation, transported us to the hotel to retrieve our luggage, and drove us to the place of the tour activity planned for that day in order to catch up with the tour group. Her personal efforts in accommodating our needs salvaged the remainder of trip. This action demonstrated to us the advantage of using a small, efficient tour company, dedicated to customer service.
This tour company offered not only the best available accommodations and attractions for a memorable trip to Alaska but can also manage unforeseen situations along the way.

2 Thank Donald M
Livonia, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ATG - Simply the Best....”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Alaskan Tour Guides;
Why we used ATG. Simple put they are the best…..
Doreen worked with us before the trip to customize the trip to our budget and our interests. Booked all the hotels, attractions and provided expert advice that only someone who has lived in Alaska for many years could provide. We felt she was not only our trip adviser but our friend before we got there. (So we asked our Guide to drive us by to see her before we even started are adventure)

Bob – Our guide and partial owner of the company (splits it with Doreen his wife!). Has lived in Alaska for over 30 years and he knows the country. He knew what ponds to look into for moose, where we would see the salmon in the streams, where the best spots were for pictures, glaciers we could touch and even where you should sit on the Denali Park Tour Bus. Information that you can only get from years of experience as a guide and resident.

We were traveling with a small group of 4 people and Bob was our guide for the 4 day tour and we packed in as much as you could in a very short time. It was amazing how smooth everything went, when we were in Denali Visitors, Bob was picking up our train tickets. During our visit to Denali we saw the most amazing wild life, Grizzly Bears, Moose, Cariboo, Mountain Sheep, Goats and even a Snow Shoe Rabbit. We had a visit to the wild life refuge planned but after seeing them all in the wild Bob suggested a Small Boat tour of the Portage Glacier and it turned out to be one of the highlights of the trip.
After 4 days traveling with Bob he was not only our Guide but became our friend.
I would recommend the Alaskan Tour Guides to anyone who does not want to be trapped on a Grey-Hound motor coach with 50-60 of your closest friends. ATG will custom make your package to fit your budget, from Chartered Fishing Trips and Helicopters to the Glaciers to Visits to The Cultural Centers or walks in the Denali National Forest. They can tell you what will fit in your range and keep you busy your whole trip.

1 Thank Douglas H
San Diego, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Family Alaska Adventure”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

ATG did a fantastic job of showing Alaska to our family! We started with a 4 day trip from Anchorage to Denali. Our tour guide (Jerimiah) was amazing!! He not only knew all the spots to stop & take pictures, nature info, Alaska history...but he was also a great person! He was with us every step of the way. We never had to worry about where we needed to be each day, Jerimiah had us covered and informed us what was on our itinerary. I even forgot my wallet at the hotel which was an hour & a half from where we were and he arranged for the owner to drive my wallet to us!!

I would highly recommend ATGs to anyone interested in a custom Alaskan trip with high service level.

tomr

Visited June 2014
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“ATG gave us the vacation of a lifetime!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Why Use Alaskan Tour Guides;

Ask anyone that's ever taken an Alaskan cruise what their favorite part of the trip was and you'll undoubtedly hear them say "the off-ship excursion we signed up for." Maybe they hiked a glacier, went flight seeing, toured Denali Nat'l Park, or went white water rafting. What if on your next vacation you could skip right to the best part and do nothing but world class excursions? That's what Alaskan Tour Guides provided my family.

About the Guides;

We were traveling with a large group (15 people) so we had two tour guides with us throughout our vacation, Jeremiah and Dowie. I wish I had the words to fully express how amazing they were. Not only did they prepare an amazing itinerary for us, but they handled every logistic on the way. While we were eating breakfast, they were picking up our passes for that day's event. While we were at the event, they were making reservations for dinner. When we wanted to make an adjustment to our itinerary, they took care of it. During our travels, they narrated everything we were seeing and taught us so much about Alaskan culture. To sum it up, they were outstanding at their job and there is no way we could have done half the amount of once-in-a-lifetime excursions without their help.

I'd be remiss, however, if I only mentioned the job Jeremiah and Dowie did and failed to mention the friendship we forged. By the end of our ten day trip, I can honestly say our guides were like family. When we left Alaska, it was hard to say goodbye to them.

About Our ATG Trip;

ATG prepared an amazing adventure for our family. They will work closely with you to customize your vacation and, as I said earlier, will even work to make adjustments on the fly if need be. Sometimes our group stayed together for excursions, sometimes we separated based on our interests. Meals were the same. Our guides always made sure we reached our destinations on time and, whenever possible, picked up our passes/tickets ahead of time so we could avoid any additional wait time. Here's a brief rundown of the events our family experienced...

(1) Wildlife and Glacier Cruise - I highly recommend. We saw hump back whales breaching, porpoises, seals, sea lions, Sea otters, Eagles, etc. It was awe-inspiring. Between the wildlife and the glacier crashing into the ocean, everyone was amazed.
(2) Salmon Fishing - I highly recommend. Most of our party went fishing while a few chose to sea kayak. I was on the fishing boat and just about everyone caught their limit of silver salmon. At the end of the day we shipped home over 100 lbs of salmon. As a fun treat, our guides brought us to a restaurant in Seward that prepared our own catch for dinner.
(3) Hatcher Pass and Independence Gold Mine - Good. The views were amazing
(4) Matanuska Glacier Trek - I recommend. We were led by guides and explored the glacier up close. For those that are a bit more adventuresome, try the ice-climbing adventure. We capped the day with a 100' zip line adventure. You'll have fun and learn quite a bit.
(5) Dream a Dream Sled Dogs - I highly recommend. You'll learn a lot about this very unique and important aspect of Alaskan heritage and culture. We got to experience what it's like to ride behind a dog team and played with the puppies. Great for kids and adults.
(6) Flight See out of Talkeetna - I highly recommend. We flew up among the high peaks and landed our small plane on a glacier. The summit of Denali was shrouded in clouds on the day we went, but the majestic views we saw were among the most scenic I've ever seen. Beautiful does not do it justice.
(7) White Water Rafting and ATV Tours - I recommend. There are varying levels of difficulty depending on your level of adventure. Dress warmly; you will get a little wet. Expect to have fun and see amazing sights and vistas.
(8) Denali Park Shuttle to Eielson Visitor Center - I recommend. You'll ride a school bus deep into Denali National Park along a narrow, cliff-side, dirt road. The trip is long and we didn't see much wildlife until we were a couple hours into the park near the visitor center. But when we did, it was amazing. We saw tons of Caribou, a wolf, a grizzly bear, mountain sheep, and a bull moose among others. To see these animals in the wild was incredible and the scenery of the mountain range will make your jaw drop.
(9) Alaska Railroad Dome Cars - I highly recommend. We didn't see much wildlife, but, again, the scenery was awesome. This was a wonderfully relaxing way to view the Alaskan countryside. For our trip, it was also the first time we were able to get a clear view of the summit of Denali, which was the highlight of the day.