“Worst night of sleep ever”
Review of Alaskan View Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wasilla
Alaskan View Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Wasilla
Reviewed 8 September 2009

The service was friendly if a little gruff. The rooms were fairly nice for the price and I was happy with everything--until I tried to sleep! That mattress was the HARDEST bed I have ever, ever slept on. I was tempted to lift up the sheets and see if there was really a mattress under there. I know they have to be sturdy to accomodate lots of people, but come on, seriously, rock freaking hard.
To add to matters, although we had never turned the heat on during our stay the temperature of the room rose to probably 87 degrees if I had to guess. we all took all our clothes and blankets off and just tried to sweat it out. I can only guess that the room next door had turned the heat on??
On the up side, it was very convenient to walk right up to our room and unload the car, it was a good location right on the highway. The water pressure was great in the shower, and it was nice and hot, always nice to find. One of the cheapest places we've found in Alaska during tourist season, so if you're REALLY on a budget, maybe.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank roxye907

Reviewed 21 September 2008

NO smoke detector . Completely taken down with a mark on the ceiling where it used to be. I asked about it on check out and the reply was.."they had too many complaints about it going off." I'm a smoker and have never had an issue with setting them off. What the heck were they smoking???

The beds were terrible..one needed to be replaced as it was in really bad shape...broken and sagged really bad.

No view from the backside rooms other than a parking lot and tall trees.

Cleanliness...glad I'm not that picky as it wasn't done very well.

I liked the seperate outside entrance for each room.

The room was small with the sink outside of the bathroom. 2 beds ,TV, dresser, table and 2 chairs. No frig or microwave.

Staff was very friendly.

I was really looking forward to staying here as the previous reviews were good...
Overall I was very disappointed. I really wish I could give this place a better review.

I stayed here because of the state fair going on and it was a great location as that goes. And it's always nice to have a 24 hr Walmart just down the road too!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank glacierlady
Reviewed 18 January 2008

I travel to Wasilla frequently and stay in this hotel during the colder months when I can't use my camper. It's my pick because it is pet friendly and when I travel so do my critters. The rates are reasonable for Alaska and the staff is ALWAYS friendly. They bend over backwards to help their customers out.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank bnorman
A TripAdvisor Member
Dayton, OH
Reviewed 6 December 2003

Friendly, courteous service always with the welfare of the traveler in mind.

A home away from home.

Very desireable location including shopping, restaurant and tourist attractions.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Meadow lakes, Alaska
Reviewed 4 August 2003

Very close to all major conviences in Wasilla, walking distance to one of Wasilla's best restaurants and the only theater. Views from the rooms of the Mountains are excellent and the hosts are friendly and maintain the grounds, flowers and rooms with attention to the details. Ample parking and being able to pull right to your door on every room makes senior or hanicapped access among the best to be found.

• Stayed: January 1999