“Very Cozy and friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Wasilla
Valdosta, Georgia
“Very Cozy and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

My wife asked me several times how did I find this cozy hotel. It had a small kitchenette and was very clean. Lady attendant was helpful with our questions. Only problem at all is the little bit of road noise. I would definitly stay here again and probalby longer if back in the area

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank rrgeorgia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

This is one of the best, if not best hotel I have stayed at. It is away from downtown so that you don't have to deal with traffic but close enough to get to Walmart or Fred Myers within 5-10 mins. The staff were very accommodating with anything I asked them. The price was great to have a very large room with a king size bed plus a kitchen with a full size fridge. We had 3 large closets that was more than enough of room for our things. The water in the shower would get more than enough hot. Our floors were steamed while were there keep it fresh. I would recommend this place to anyone and hopefully I will be going back there soon.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Cordova, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

If you are looking for a clean place with big rooms and a kitchen in Wasilla this should be your stop.
We booked a room with a king bed and a sleeper sofa but what we got was a two room suite with a king bed in one room and a full bed in the living/kitchen room. There was also a love seat and a computer desk with chair. The TV is a nice flat screen and you get about 100 cable channels.
The kitchen comes fully stocked with dishes, pans, glasses, and silverware. The refrigerator was full sized and there was a small range with oven!
It is on a quiet street outside of town. We had no problem with any noisy guests. The staff were very nice and did a good job at keeping our room fresh and clean. They even had the hall carpets steam cleaned while we were there.
My only complaint is that the room heat was on most of the time and there is no thermostat to control the heat, so we just opened the windows. Problem solved.
A word of caution, this is not a full service hotel. It does not have a lobby, front desk, or any other hotel services. So don't expect that. What it does have are very nice rooms at a fraction of the cost most other hotels in Alaska charge. If you need a place in Wasilla, especially for an extended stay, check this place out.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

This hotel is awesome. So awesome that if I could find a way to move the building, I'd take it with me. I hate when other hotels are junk for this price. The rooms are HUGE, I have 4 closets! 4 full size sliding mirror closets. Kitchen is well stocked, stovetop, microwave, frig, sink. But here's the kicker, an oven. No Extended Stay, Suburban, Mainstay, or Marriot cottage that I've ever seen has an oven. I can finally cook some frozen pizza's the right way.

The TV is great, large flat panel with cable box. GCI cable with TONS of channels including the on screen guide. I love the on screen guides as an out of towner because I never can tell what's on just by a paper list. Good call!

It has WiFi, unlike another rater. But it's ethostream. It works, but I'm sure you road warriors know all about Ethostream...yuck.

The bathrooms are clean, oh so clean. I couldn't find traces of hair or other nasty things. Curved shower rods. Sink is decent enough to open my ditty bag up on the counter.

The walls are a tad thin, but I sleep heavy so no worries for me. Not too many rooms so not a lot of neighbor noise. The doors to get in are keypad coded for security and its great.

All in all, great hotel. I would recommend it, and I'd stay here again. Too bad I have to check out.

Room Tip: NO onsite staff after hours, be early to check in or call ahead.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank redneckITengineer
Kasilof, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

The staff was very accommodating, the room was huge and most importantly, it was very clean!. Our room included a kitchenette and flat screen TV all for $70 per night. The only thing that kept me from rating it a 5 star overall was the fact that there was no WiFi available. If you're looking for a great place in Wasilla or Palmer, this is it!

• Stayed March 2013
Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

Found this spot online, not sure what to expect for the price, but the location is excellent, a short distance from the Parks Hwy, off the beaten path, no loud traffic. Nice quiet neighborhood. A bit windy, but that's Wasilla for you, esp in Jan. The main doors slam loud in the wind, but other than that, can't say enough about how pleased we were with the accomodations, esp for the price. Full kitchen/frig/stove. Comfortable chair, desk, exceptionally comfortable bed. Overall, for the value, we highly recommend!

Room Tip: Chose a room closer to one end of the building or the other for easier move in and out, note full ki...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

This is by far the cleanest hotel room I've ever stayed in, in Alaska. It was outstanding! I was very impressed with the size of the room, & the fact that it had a kitchenette. Not to mention a ton of cable channels. The cleanliness was off the chart! I could smell the slight scent of bleach everywhere! I loved it! Yeah the highway noises were apparent, but I didn't mind. Once I was in this room, I felt like I could actually live there! That's how comfy it was! I didn't want to leave! Now when I have relatives come to Alaska, this is without a doubt where they will stay! I will be a returning customer myself. I couldn't believe how inexpensive this room was for all the amenities they offer! I just can't say enough! Simply outstanding!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Springniles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wasilla
BEST WESTERN Lake Lucille Inn
Agate Inn, Inc.
Agate Inn, Inc.
#3 of 22 in Wasilla
Pioneer Ridge Bed and Breakfast Inn

Been to Alaska's Select Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!