“Small Town Charm”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wrangell
Wrangell Extended Stay
Nome, Alaska
“Small Town Charm”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

So enjoyed my three nights at Fennimore's in Wrangell, AK. I'm an Alaskan and I enjoy staying at authentic places with local character. Fennimore's has that. Comfortable & great nights sleep, super convenient right across from the ferry dock, pick up from the airport, & lots of local stories from the owner, Evi. Coffee maker & fridge are perfect for getting you going in the morning, and it's just a short walk to town & places to eat in one direction, and Petroglyph Beach in the other. Gaze out over the water from your window or a seat on the porch outside your room and watch eagles fly by. Would book here again on my next trip to Wrangell.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ladefilippo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed at Fennimore's for three nights in July. The room was very comfortable and was convenient to the AMH. Wrangell is very small so we were able to walk to everything. Evi was charming. We had the opportunity to talk with her about Wrangell on a couple of different occasions during the visit. She shared a lot of information regarding the area and the history of the Tlingit Indians.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I booked a room here back last year and had several communications with the B&B assuring me that they had me down and the room was held. On that basis,we made bookings for ferries and tours out of Wrangell. Then I received an email from Evi saying the room was no longer available 2 weeks before our arrival. I emailed back and asked for suggestions for other accommodation but received no reply. We had to stay elsewhere at twice the price. I can only review based on the treatment received during the booking process and have to say the owners are rude and one can never trust a booking here. I am not sure why our booking was cancelled, as I was never given the courtesy of a response or explanation. Communication is very poor and avoid at all costs.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank 2011travelbug
Maine
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I stayed here for three nights in June. The room was very clean and well maintained. There was a refrigerator and a microwave in the room. Great Cable TV with lots of channels. Big flat screen TV. The view outside the window was fantastic. Got to see the Alaska Marine Highway ferry docking. It is right across the street. Breakfast is in the room - juice, cereal, milk - I have found that most Alaska B and Bs are this way. Only one that I have stayed at had what I would call a "European B&B" breakfast. All in all, it was perfect. Easy walking distance to everything except the airport. I will stay there again if ever I return to Wrangell.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Alaska
Reviewed 19 July 2011

High end linens,newer beds, daily cleaning, and in a great part of town. Within walking to distance to lots! The owners are great and very accommodating. Anything that we needed, they were very responsive. Great price too!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We had an extended stay at Fennimore's and it is tough to explain just how lovely our time there was. Both Ron and Evi were incredibly wonderful hosts, and made sure that each day of our stay was unbelievably comfortable. Also with an indepth knowledge of the areas people and history, they offered us an amazing insight into Wrangell. The accomidations left nothing to be desired. With a private entrance, huge comfy bed, amazing shower, free wifi, cable, fridge, microwave, and huge windows from which to enjoy the amazing view, we could not have been happier. The room was imaculate, and comfortable, making us feel right at home. Fennimore's was also conveniently located to both the ferry terminal and town, as well as Petroglyph Beach State Historic Park, and Mt. Dewey( an incredibly scenic hike that ends overlooking town and the surrounding area). We truely enjoyed our stay with Ron and Evi and will be recomending it to anyone and everyone heading to Wrangell.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank JohnHen
Wadsworth, Ohio
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Great stay - the owners are wonderful people. Wrangell is kind of a off-the-path place to be, so there aren't many options. This one is probably one of the best places on the island to spend a few days.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business

Been to Wrangell Extended Stay? Share your experiences!