“Truely Enjoyed Our Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wrangell
Wrangell Extended Stay
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We had an extended stay at Fennimore's and it is tough to explain just how lovely our time there was. Both Ron and Evi were incredibly wonderful hosts, and made sure that each day of our stay was unbelievably comfortable. Also with an indepth knowledge of the areas people and history, they offered us an amazing insight into Wrangell. The accomidations left nothing to be desired. With a private entrance, huge comfy bed, amazing shower, free wifi, cable, fridge, microwave, and huge windows from which to enjoy the amazing view, we could not have been happier. The room was imaculate, and comfortable, making us feel right at home. Fennimore's was also conveniently located to both the ferry terminal and town, as well as Petroglyph Beach State Historic Park, and Mt. Dewey( an incredibly scenic hike that ends overlooking town and the surrounding area). We truely enjoyed our stay with Ron and Evi and will be recomending it to anyone and everyone heading to Wrangell.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank JohnHen
There are newer reviews for Wrangell Extended Stay

Reviewed 8 November 2010

Great stay - the owners are wonderful people. Wrangell is kind of a off-the-path place to be, so there aren't many options. This one is probably one of the best places on the island to spend a few days.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2010

Great location, overlooking the water, very helpful owner who waited up for us (we arrived on la ate ferry), room was clean & tidy but breakfast left a lot to be desired I'm afraid. I'm happy with cereal for breakfast, but UHT milk, plastic bowls and plasic cuttlery don't quite cut it in my opinion. There was no fruit in sight (even though it is mentioned on the website) and the "juice" is a fruit drink blend - not fresh fruit juice as we had become accustomed to. Perhaps the other Alaksan B&B's had spoiled us, we were used to having "real" orange juice and freshly prepared food for breakfast - even if it was only toast. When offering bed and breakfast, I would expect that the owners would be happy to sit down to eat whatever they are offering to guests, and in this case I doubt it. - not with plastic cuttlery anyway.

And if you're an animal lover, keep out of the store downstairs - there are animal skins (some complete with heads, eyes, paws etc) and furs on display. I get that it is a look back at part of Alaska and Wrangell's history, but I personally found it pretty creepy.

It could be so much better with just a little more effort on the breakfast front...

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Grizzlykiwi
Reviewed 3 September 2010

I have been traveling to Wrangell for years doing weatherization work and environmental training. I have stayed at the Stikine Inn, the Sourdough Lodge, Thunderbird Hotel and Fennimore's Bed and Breakfast twice now. Fennimore's is clean, exciting, accommodating and the rooms are convenient, private and relaxing. Ron and Evi are extremely nice people who will bend over backwards for you to make your trip the most enjoyable possible. You never feel out of place walking up stairs and joining them for dinner or grabbing a soda out of the frig. There innate ability to recall any point in the city of Wrangell or the outer roads is truly invaluable. The rooms are usually packed and the guest are neat and worth meeting. Fennimore’s is a must experience for anyone staying in Wrangell for an over night or extended complex trip.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2010

The place was excellent. The service was great and it gave a very personal experience and I was very satisfied. If you're taking the Alaskan Marine Highway the place is right across the street and it's only about 2 blocks from downtown. She was very caring of our needs and she helped us with what we needed. She was nice to talk with and was very nice.

Reviewed 8 July 2010

We have stayed here our last two times in Wrangell, so nice to get off ferry and walk in minutes to B & B . It has all you need comfy bed, clean bathroom, Cable, coffee, mini breakfast. The best part is your own door to enter, just like a hotel. Price is right too. Mrs. Fennimore was very kind to let me stay a few hours after check out to wait for a ride to a friends on the other side of town, it was an unusually wet day. I brag about Wrangell for having better weather than Ketchikan! But it was very wet. What a gift for her to give. I will stay here every visit to Wrangell, I recommend it to all. Enjoy your travels.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2009

On our three-week ferry cruise along the Pacific Coast Highway, my husband and I found Fennimore’s to be the most memorable part of our trip. Not only were the rooms clean, convenient to town and the ferry, but the Fennimores themselves were also gracious, friendly hosts. It was the perfect stay. Just a 10 minute walk away are the ancient engraved rocks along the sandy beach coast. We stayed for several days and just loved every minute of our time on Wrangell knowing that we had a cozy place to stay and really nice hosts with whom to sip wine and hear First Nations tales. No rush to catch the ferry—it’s just across the street. I’d recommend this B & B to anyone traveling the Pacific Coast Highway--truly a great find.
Allen and Norma Goldstein
Seattle, WA

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple

Been to Wrangell Extended Stay? Share your experiences!