“HDMI? What HDMI”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bellemont
Santa Barbara, California
“HDMI? What HDMI”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

A lot of Hotels/Motels are replacing the old boob tubes with the newer, space saving, and more versatile flat screen TVs. These are more convenient for me when I travel with my desktop as well as my laptop because I can use the HDMI port on the back panel of the set. This way I don’t have to take the desktop’s monitor with me all the time. Motel 6 went a step further with new remodeling by offering a nice connection panel below the recess-mounted LG brand flat screen. However, appearances can be deceiving and so it was with the Bellemont AZ Motel 6, #4486 on 25MAR2014. Although the newly remodeled rooms are beautifully done, they’re not fully functional. After connecting to the HDMI the TV menu said such options were not available. I called the desk clerk who was unable to help and told me maintenance could help but wouldn’t be in till 3PM the next day. I emailed the Motel 6 web support as well who replied: what does HDMI mean?

To summarize: the new rooms look great and high tech. It gives me the feeling of living in a space station cabin or living quarters on a moon base similar to the Space 1999 series (remember that kids?) If there was moonscape or star field backdrop outside the window, the illusion would be complete. However, the training and service has to catch up.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Don C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
las vegas, nv
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Finding decent, inexpensive, pet-friendly lodging in/near Flagstaff, AZ is near impossible. Thought we'd give 6 another try since they've been remodeling. We selected this "modern" 6 over the "modern" 6 in Flagstaff only because they had queen-size beds instead of full-size. Reservations and check-in were easy. The heater in our room was either on (and one-temperature-hot) or off, so we were up off and down all night turning the heat off and on. The next morning, we mentioned it to the desk clerk and asked for a room change. The woman reluctantly gave us another room. The second evening, I went the the desk clerk to ask for an extra blanket for my mother and he actually told me that I "picked the worst motel to check into" and told me they didn't have anything to offer me but an extra bedspread. The next morning we took our keys to the front desk and there was a box on the counter to deposit keycards into, which bore a sign that one need not speak to the desk personnel to turn in key. My husband needed to get back in the room to look for a "forgotten item" and the desk clerk was rude to him for speaking to her. Also, the door at the end of our hallway was covered with duck tape so the door would not lock; that's a security issue as far as I'm concerned. The building was not maintained well: window screens laying around on the ground, loose screws on the door lock, missing cover plate to electrical outlet. The only upside to this stay was the gentleman in housekeeping was pleasant and friendly.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank thequestr

Travellers are raving about these Bellemont hotels

Atwater, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Many of the comments posted are accurate about this motel. The room was basically fairly clean & definitely dog friendly. However, there are very few amenities (soap & two coffees in the room) but we found pubic hairs on the clean sheets and my wife found human feces kind of wrapped up in the shower curtain which had been pulled up and bunched over the bath tub soap dish bar. We informed the acting manager (a friendly young girls of about 20+ years old) who took our information and stated that the owner would call us over the issue. We never heard from the management or owner.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shotgunn1951
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Bellemont, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Shotgunn 1951,

We apologize for the linen, bathroom cleanliness & resolution issues you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience they caused you. Please contact our Guest Relations department so we will have a record of your experience to better address these issues and improve your experience with us in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Sudbury, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Clean room, laminated floor not carpeted. Flat screen TV. Check in was easy & friendly.

You are right next door to the Pilot Truck Stop.

You're not going to find a full or even a continental breakfast.

A clean room, at a fair price.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the truck stop are quieter. Truck stop has a McD's and a Subway inside.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Tualatin, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

This is location taken over by Motel 6 from another chain. It is awesome and the towels were very soft. What more to ask for. Nice large vacant area behind for the dog to run. All interior rooms with very nice features. This location has replaced the Lodi, CA location as my favorite. Only a couple of dollars higher in price and not a lot to do in the vicinity, but it is quiet, just off I-40 10 miles west of Flagstaff, and the best ever place to stop for the night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jmay336
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is one of the newer/better Motel 6's in the chain. Located along the interstate (I-40), This is a newer modern, renovated property. Very, very clean and functional (as well as dog friendly).. At the time of our stay, which was a weeknite in September, The Staff was very friendly and helpful upon check-in, and check- out. There is a Pilot truck stop w/ a Mcdonalds rite in front, which was great for fresh hot coffee & fueling up the van before getting back on the road. This only negative, I could find is that our room #111, the air conditioning system was a little noisy. Overall, this motel 6 is more than a clean and acceptable motel 6, and great for an overnite stop. Overall Rating~ Very Good!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank larilu
Bentleyville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Asked prior to arriving and booking room if they had laundry facility. She(manager believe her name was Helen) says yes. But she did not say neither of the two dryers worked. Asked If wet clothes could be dried in the hotels laundry, twerp man behind desk says take cab to nearest town 10 miles away and find laundry. Do not stay here. You can not believe a word that crosses the staffs lips. At all costs find another place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank dave r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellemont
Days Inn Williams
#24 of 63 in Flagstaff
Little America Hotel Flagstaff
Grand Canyon Railway Hotel
Super 8 Williams East/Grand Canyon Area

Been to Days Inn Bellemont? Share your experiences!