“Clean and Friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Benson
Youngtown, Arizona
“Clean and Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights while he was in Benson for training. This hotel does not look like the picture here, it is much nicer. It actually has indoor corridors to all the rooms, and for being by a truck stop it was veryquiet. During the day I could hear some children, but I slept so soundly I didn't hear them at night. The room was clean, the bathroom was clean, and the tub was a cool triangle shape with a built in seat. It also has central air conditioning, not the window type, which is much more efficent here in Arizona's summer heat. The room was nice and cool without being excessively noisy. I spent quite a bit of the time by myself at the motel and did not have any problems. The pool was clean and I even sat under one of the umbrella tables poolside and read for awhile while alone outside. The wireless was free and while slower than what I am used to was still fast enough to stream netflix. The room was small, we had a single queen room, but really only by American standards. It was very similar to rooms in Europe that cost quite a bit more.
The staff was friendly and helpful. We arrived pretty late, but our check in was fast and the room was ready and waiting for us and we even had a fridge and microwave, which I had requested ahead of time. There was no coffemaker in the room, but they did have fresh coffee from 6 am until after 9:30 am in the lobby each morning. This Motel 6 is on the road that goes to Kartchner Caverns and is only about 8 miles away from it so this is a great place stay at a reasonable price. (Since you cannot take water or anything into the caverns and I wanted to hike the trails around it, I put my camelbak into the fridge the night before and it was almost frozen when I left for the caverns. I left it in my car during the cave tour and then still had cold water for my hike afterwards at 2 in the afternoon in June.) Motel 6 only provides bar soap but since I always carry my own shampoo and conditioner, this was not an issue for me. The price is low enough that I don't expect a lot of amenities, and I'd rather have a great price and a clean room than a bottle of shampoo that I won't use. One of the people at my husbands training stayed at a different low cost place in town and complained bitterly about how dirty his room was, including he had to get them to put clean sheets on the bed immediately after check in. That places pics looked better online, but I was very glad I had done my research and had seen reviews that complained of that problem already. I will stay here again when we visit this area in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a fridge and microwave
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Karri S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

We usually book all our stays in Motel 6 motels, and have stayed in many all over the country, because we like to take our little dog. This time, the dog wasn't traveling with us, but we were faithful to Motel 6 and reserved a room online at the Benson Motel 6.We stayed 2 nights from June 2 until June 4, 2012 with my mom who was visiting from Europe. I loved the bathroom with the special formed triangle tub, which even if you don't use the tub for a bath, still gives the "bigger" person plenty of room to shower. The rooms were clean, the neds were nice and the staff was friendly, and the best part, the WIFI was free, which is rare with Motel 6. Ohh and the doughnuts were fresh! Very central for exploring the Tombstone area. We'll certainly be back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Give, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Visited the motel after a day in Tombstone. The staff was one of the friendliest we have met, and delivered good service. Rooms were clean, with refrigerator and free Wi-Fi. Even though it's close to the highway and service station our room (1. floor facing south) was quiet all night, and we had a good sleep. Will recommend this one!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kriras
Grand Canyon, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

Evidently this property was once a Travel Inn (the keys say that on the back) so would explain the different room plan and ammenities from a typical Motel 6. The room had a refrigerator, unusual for a Motel 6, and a peculiar but spacious triangular tub in the bathroom, The TV was high up on a shelf and didn't take up precious counter space. This property is only 10 minutes away from Kartchner Caverns and less than 30 minutes away from Tombstone so it was a great base to go visit both locales. The room was clean and basic, which is what Motel 6 is famous for, and this location didn't disappont me at all.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank yearning4fairness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

Friendly staff. Great location for visit to Tombstone! Clean and nicely decorated. Rooms small but great for short stay!

• Stayed August 2011
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

The hotel is cheap and it shows. Rooms are small and walls are paper-thin. Make sure to bring shampoo because it is not provided and you have to pay for it at the counter. The attendant was very nice which was a plus. If you are looking for a budget motel in an easy location to the freeway, this is it.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Derek M
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

This Motel 6 is a bargain, with a spacious lobby containing 2 large tables, fresh coffee, and a free computer (guests are asked to confine their sessions to 10 minutes, so it's not for extended use). It also has a coin-operated laundry ($1.75 total to wash and dry), with 2 washers and 2 dryers. Many travelers would consider the inside corridors an asset. In addition, rooms have a mini-fridge and a microwave (not available in many Motel 6 locations). The staff, including front desk and housekeeping, was efficient and friendly.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benson
Comfort Inn
Landmark Lookout Lodge
Landmark Lookout Lodge
#3 of 9 in Tombstone
BEST WESTERN Quail Hollow Inn

Been to Motel 6 Benson? Share your experiences!