“Newer style of Motel 6”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Benson
Santa Ana, California
“Newer style of Motel 6”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The room was clean and staff friendly. It is in walking distance to a truck stop which as food.
There is also a fast food place next to that. Just gas up at the truck stop.
I smelled smoke in hallway and told the manager that the guy across the way was smoking in his non-smoking room, so she handled it.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I've stayed a lot of Motel 6's in my day. I was driving across country and I chose this one because I read bad things about the one in Tucson. It was an average experience overall but the room was a bit depressing. It was pretty warm that night but the air con was so freaking loud I had to turn it off just to sleep, but then I kept getting too hot. The room was dark (bad lighting) and I guess because they knew it was only me staying they only left me with one very flat and sad pillow. The sheets were a bit questionable as well.

Overall, for the price I knew what I was getting into. However, with a little extra care this place could be a lot better.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank AmberRiot
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

This hotel cough is not cough like other motel sixes cough cough cough. They totally don't have any non smoking rooms. cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough. I hope you are a smoker! cough cough cough

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank Charles D

Travellers are raving about these Benson hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Typical of Motel 6. Inexpensive rooms with few amenities. Make your reservation on the internet and save $5. About what you would expect for $35 per night but the rooms are clean and had a few things we didn't expect like small fridges in the rooms. Rooms are quiet and the property is well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful. The truck stop next door doesn't present a problem and is actually handy as they have a large quick stop store with a Subway and fried chicken. Overall a good choice if you need to stop in Benson. It is convenient to Tombstone which is where we were heading the next morning.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Mike R
Youngtown, Arizona
Reviewed 27 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights while he was in Benson for training. This hotel does not look like the picture here, it is much nicer. It actually has indoor corridors to all the rooms, and for being by a truck stop it was veryquiet. During the day I could hear some children, but I slept so soundly I didn't hear them at night. The room was clean, the bathroom was clean, and the tub was a cool triangle shape with a built in seat. It also has central air conditioning, not the window type, which is much more efficent here in Arizona's summer heat. The room was nice and cool without being excessively noisy. I spent quite a bit of the time by myself at the motel and did not have any problems. The pool was clean and I even sat under one of the umbrella tables poolside and read for awhile while alone outside. The wireless was free and while slower than what I am used to was still fast enough to stream netflix. The room was small, we had a single queen room, but really only by American standards. It was very similar to rooms in Europe that cost quite a bit more.
The staff was friendly and helpful. We arrived pretty late, but our check in was fast and the room was ready and waiting for us and we even had a fridge and microwave, which I had requested ahead of time. There was no coffemaker in the room, but they did have fresh coffee from 6 am until after 9:30 am in the lobby each morning. This Motel 6 is on the road that goes to Kartchner Caverns and is only about 8 miles away from it so this is a great place stay at a reasonable price. (Since you cannot take water or anything into the caverns and I wanted to hike the trails around it, I put my camelbak into the fridge the night before and it was almost frozen when I left for the caverns. I left it in my car during the cave tour and then still had cold water for my hike afterwards at 2 in the afternoon in June.) Motel 6 only provides bar soap but since I always carry my own shampoo and conditioner, this was not an issue for me. The price is low enough that I don't expect a lot of amenities, and I'd rather have a great price and a clean room than a bottle of shampoo that I won't use. One of the people at my husbands training stayed at a different low cost place in town and complained bitterly about how dirty his room was, including he had to get them to put clean sheets on the bed immediately after check in. That places pics looked better online, but I was very glad I had done my research and had seen reviews that complained of that problem already. I will stay here again when we visit this area in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a fridge and microwave
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Karri S
Zephyrhills, Florida
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We usually book all our stays in Motel 6 motels, and have stayed in many all over the country, because we like to take our little dog. This time, the dog wasn't traveling with us, but we were faithful to Motel 6 and reserved a room online at the Benson Motel 6.We stayed 2 nights from June 2 until June 4, 2012 with my mom who was visiting from Europe. I loved the bathroom with the special formed triangle tub, which even if you don't use the tub for a bath, still gives the "bigger" person plenty of room to shower. The rooms were clean, the neds were nice and the staff was friendly, and the best part, the WIFI was free, which is rare with Motel 6. Ohh and the doughnuts were fresh! Very central for exploring the Tombstone area. We'll certainly be back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Give, Denmark
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Visited the motel after a day in Tombstone. The staff was one of the friendliest we have met, and delivered good service. Rooms were clean, with refrigerator and free Wi-Fi. Even though it's close to the highway and service station our room (1. floor facing south) was quiet all night, and we had a good sleep. Will recommend this one!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kriras
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benson
Comfort Inn
#2 of 9 in Tombstone
Days Inn Benson
Days Inn Benson
#3 of 5 in Benson

Been to Motel 6 Benson? Share your experiences!