“A great job dotting the l's and crossing the t's”
Review of Comfort Inn

Benson, Arizona 85602

Dear Mr. Penrose,

Re: 11/25/2013, Room # 234

Good morning!!!!

My "back" story is: I was in the hotel business for 30 years of which 25 was as General Manager for brands from Holiday Inn to Wyndham with a stop or two along the way managing a Courtyard by Marriott and a Radisson.

Enough about me.

I would be remiss if I did not share my thoughts on our brief one night stay. You, the management team and ownership are to be commended. I found the entire property well kept and extremely clean. As a guy who renovated almost every hotel I managed I must also say that last upgrade was done tastefully.

The young lady on the desk the at 6:30AM on the 26th as well as the female associate that maintained the breakfast room were quite friendly and did a super job exceeding our expectations.

As a regular who shares my feedback on Tripadvisor.com you can look forward to me adding my thoughts to whatever already exists on file for your operation.

Please take a moment and share my feedback with corporate and ownership so they can see that your combined efforts are not going unnoticed.

Have a Happy Holiday Season and prosperous New Year.

Regards,

Bill R. - CHA
Smithville, Texas 78957

Room Tip: If our room was run of house you will have no problem getting a great room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BillR2010
Dean P, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

I was surprised at how nice this motel was for a Comfort Inn. Great feel in the rooms and a rate less than a lesser motel down the street. Great place to stay if you are going to the caverns. Slightly better than the typical breakfast. Large parking in rear if you have a trailer.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rob W
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed here on our way to Cochise and Tombstone. It is conveniently located from the main highway. The hotel was clean, and breakfast was good with waffles, eggs, etc. No hot tub, but it had a gas fire pit to sit around outside. The bed and the pillows were especially comfy.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank c415
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We have stayed in 8 Choice Hotel properties in the last 3 months all over the US. Six of these were Comfort Inns or Comfort Suites. This was our least favourite of all of them. I simply don't get the 4.5/5 star rating when so many of the other Choice Hotel properties we have found to be superior, but aren't rated as high as this one.

When we checked in, I asked if we could reserve the next night as well and was told we could let them know in the morning if we decided to stay. However, because of the 4.5/5 rating, I was pretty confident we would enjoy the property so I told her we would reserve it right then and there to save the hassle. That said, I wished we had waited to decide if we were going to stay another night! If I had, we would have tried the Best Western in Benson which also has a 4.5/5 rating on tripadvisor.

The front desk staff was just ok in terms of friendliness. Unlike other front desks whom have automatically given us a run down of when breakfast happens and other amenities, this one didn't. Conversation was kept to a minimum. I had to ask her for the breakfast hours.

The next day, another person was at front desk. She appeared to be on the phone much of the time, but not once did she look up to greet or acknowledge passing guests. This is very much in contrast with other properties where front desk staff have gone out of their way to be courteous, friendly and appreciative of guests.

The main thing that turned me off this property was the exercise room. I believe it represents a level of care that just doesn't measure up to other properties. Frankly, it was a big disappointment.

Two of the four cardio machines were out of order. There were no cup holders on these machines so my water bottle had to go on the floor. Only one of them had a ledge to keep the TV remote while the others had no way of storing it on the machine while in use. There was also a large rip in the carpet. At least the TV worked!

Breakfast was just ok. To my surprise, there was no peanut butter to be found which is a staple for my kids toast and included at all other properties. My daughter had a boiled egg which she had to throw out because the egg white was all hard and crunchy. Huh?! The room was tiny and very busy, but there weren't any staff on hand there to ask for assistance. They showed up to clean up at 9:30 when breakfast was over.

As far as the room goes, it was clean and comfortable, but perhaps the walls are thinner than in other hotels because we could hear a TV set on all night long loudly in an adjacent room the second night. We didn't get very much sleep at all.

I was also surprised to see that I was charged the same rate was I was for the first night when I got the bill as when I went online to check rates for that night, it was supposed to be 4 dollars less. Not a King's ransom, but it doesn't seem fair to charge a loyal guest more money for booking an extra night upon arrival.

On the plus side this property is within easy access to the I-10 and a short drive to Tombstone and Kartchner Caves State Park. Both of these destinations are well-worth visiting and highly recommended!

Overall, an ok stay, yet certainly not deserving of 4.5/5 rating.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank lorijessica
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Our first time in a comfort inn and it was better than we expected, the hotel was clean through out, breakfast was great and hel yourself buffet style it would be very hard to tell the difference between this hotel and a good Holiday inn express, we would definitely recommend it and would try others now when we are on our travels, we tend to use HI Express through habit and trust in the company if all comfort inns are of the same calibre we would use them.

Room Tip: we had a back room on the ground floor very quite even for a ground floor room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Spikethebeachbum
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This is our second stay at this Comfort Inn. You'll find no better, very clean and the staff is so friendly. We will always stay here when visiting Tombstone which is just 18 miles to the South.
One of the cleanest hotels I've stayed at. I have a wife that tears apart the bed etc. to find any dirt or critters and none will found here! The rate here in October was in the 80's. for a king. Can't beat that and a free breakfast to boot!
Will be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dearinger
Reviewed 29 September 2013

If you bare interested in the Tombstone, AZ area, this is an excellent stop. The preperty is exceptionally clean, the breakfast room is excellent for a Comfort Suites, and the staff are all very friendly. This is our second stay at this location and when we are passing through it is a pleasant stop.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. We were in room 145 and this was a GREAT location for us.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jcw0312
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benson
The Tombstone Grand Hotel
#2 of 5 in Benson
Days Inn Benson
Days Inn Benson
#3 of 5 in Benson

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!