“A great two night stay in Bisbee, AZ”
Review of Bisbee Grand Hotel

and 1 more site!
Bisbee Grand Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bisbee
Mesa
“A great two night stay in Bisbee, AZ”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Not knowing what to expect, we were all very pleased with the service first, the quaintness of the property and all the Victorian furnishings upstairs. Our first night was spent in the Captain's Suite, we were all pleased with the property, furnishings, space and air conditioning! Seriously, the GM made sure we were welcome, comfortable and offerred many great suggestions. I would recommend this hotel to anyone! The breakfast was varied, hot and the space was very comfortable, we even ate breakfast on the deck over looking the main street. If your room is upstairs, just be aware, there are quite a few stairs to climb to get there.

Room Tip: A suite offers living area, where a room is a bathroom and a bed, but very well furnished.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Terry Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We took advantage of a summer special: $69 per night in one of the smaller rooms--not a suite. Summer is the off season, so we almost had the place to ourselves. The rooms are simple and pleasant, without microwaves or refrigerators, but there's a small shared refrigerator upstairs for the use of the guests. Breakfast was good, and we enjoyed eating outdoors on the small balcony every morning. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend the place.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room without noise from the saloon.
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I called the owner to set up a little mini vacation for the weekend. Bill was more than accomodating, and gave us the Victorian Suite for the weekend. The room was very nice, and there are already nice pics online of the room. It was very clean, and the bar in the hotel was great and a lot of fun as well. There were three great bands there the two nights we were in town. I highly recommend the hotel. Breakfast was included, but we got to it only once, and it was about half way through the appointed time and the food was mostly gone or cold. My own fault, but there probably should have been more coffee at least. My wife was freaked out because of all the talk about ghosts with some folks that we me. Didn't bother me, but she was up all night the first night, and had a bit of trouble sleeping the second night.

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed at the Bisbee Grand and used our CC in the bar. We left the card with the bartender as collateral. When we went to cash out – he ran the card for 191.00 of which our bank declined (thank God). We proceed to pay cash for our room. We received the keys and stayed the night thinking all was well. The next day our bank account was overdrawn due to two charges from Bisbee Grand! The bartender claims a $91.00 bar tab for well rum and coke and draft beer for 3-4 hours’ time. That would mean we drank about 20 drinks averaging 6-8 drinks per hour….? We were ripped off. Then they ran the card again, the next day for the room, of which we paid CASH and another 24.00 now claim more bar fees! $115.00 in bar fees. That would bring us to 10 drinks each per hour or 1 drink every 10 minutes. NOT… not possible for anyone to drink a drink every 10 minutes – who else was on our tab or, better yet, what was put in the tip jar?
In addition – I have a service animal in training. I have a degenerative disease that is progressively worsening. Federal law state, “A disabled person does not have to reveal their specific disability.” My Lab wears her tag around her neck at all times.
When I tried to contact the owner, Bill, regarding the charges to our bankcard – he did not have the courtesy to return my call. Then when I disputed the charges with my bank, the bank was able to get the owner on the phone. Bill told me he did not receive a message to call me… no wonder when his help received cash. Bill proceeded to harass me by calling me a liar about the cash we paid and he stated, “Your dog is not a service dog because you are not blind.” Second time he called me a liar.
We tipped the bartender throughout the night and tipped the hotel house cleaner the next morning – again in cash. We never expected to be ripped off – they seemed so friendly… not! The bartended tried to tell us $99.00 was a discount from him. This is another lie because the web site says $69.00 for a standard room and $99.00 for a suite. We did not request a suite.
We are out $150.00 of fraudulent charges to our card and paid about 150.00 for the hotel room, tips and bar tab. The entire night cost around $300.00.
Lesson learned – do not give your credit card to Bisbee Grand to hold for any length of time. Not only are they dishonest Bill – owner called me a liar about my disability and refused to return my money.
Note to Bill – A persons disability is not always visible from the outside. Service animals are not used solely for the blind. Never degrade your customers by calling them liars when you have never met them. Finally, do not fraudulently charge credit cards because it is a felony.
Note to other guest that stayed at Bisbee Grand – Check out your bank statement and be sure the charges are correct.

1 Thank Julie W
bisbeegrandhotel, Owner at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
I have had 2 responses rejected. I do not understand why our hotel is not able to defend ourselves against FALSE reporting. I ask people reading this review to please read all of the other guests reviews because you will see that this review is not a representation of the type of people working at the BGH nor is the owner a fraud or runs a fraudulent business.
Tucson
Reviewed 16 July 2012

First of all, I have stayed at many hotels around the country and even some around the world. I have never written a review before. I was so impressed with this hotel that I felt I needed to inform others about how amazing this place is. If you want a great place to stay in the center of all the action of Bisbee, you need to reserve your rooms here. We were a group of 9 family members and were looking for a night away. This hotel was perfect. We originally had one suite and two standard rooms reserved. When we arrived, they informed us that our standard rooms were upgraded to suites. We could not have been happier as all the suites were next to each other and had direct access to the street (great for people watching and socializing). Each suite is unique, clean, spacious and well decorated (see the website for suite details). You feel as though you have been taken back in time. The staff is extremely helpful and courteous. The owners (Bill and Valerie) stopped by to see how our stay was going, which was a nice personal touch. Overall, it was a great lodging experience and if you do not stay here on your visit your are missing out.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Excellent location and a great value. I am a road warrior and have stayed in every chain so this property was a sight for sore eyes. Clever rooms and a truly welcoming feeling. The historic value and the knowledge shared by the staff enhanced the experience.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Michigan
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Rooms could be so nice, but lack a LOT.Need a good dusting, TV about 20 yrs old, dusty and cheap decorative items adorning rooms...Very nice restaurant and barroom staff. Would not stay again.Not a luxury room for the money

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra J
, Owner at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
We apologize for any problems that you had when you stayed with us. We do not understand why you waited until June to rate us when you stayed in February? If you would have let our staff know of your complaints we would have done our best to upgrade your stay. We looked through our reservations in February and was not able to match your name nor had anybody from Chandler stayed with us during 2/2012. Again, we are sorry about your experience and hope that you visit Bisbee at some time in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bisbee
Copper Queen Hotel
#10 of 11 in Bisbee
Landmark Lookout Lodge
Landmark Lookout Lodge
#3 of 9 in Tombstone

Been to Bisbee Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!