Bisbee Grand Hotel
US$139
US$101
  • Pool
The Gardens At Mile High Ranch(Bisbee)(Great Value!)
US$96
Hotwire.com
US$90
TripAdvisor
Audrey's Inn(Bisbee)
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewscovered wagonvictorian suitehollywood suitebird roombar downstairscaptains suitelive musicold westfresh fruitjohn waynegarden roomdifferent themethe main streetlarge bathroomquaint towntwo night stayold building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We finally got back to Bisbee, perhaps later than we expected, but there nevertheless. We had booked a room at the Bisbee Grand Hotel and when we arrived there we were immediately upgraded to one of the best rooms in the hotel. The Victorian suite was immaculate and inviting to tired travellers such as ourselves. Good beer and billiards downstairs in the bar, walked around town all night and the next day. Breakfast was good, coffee on the upstairs balcony was lovely with a fair view of passerby and main street. We would recommend this to any of our friends!

Room Tip: Check out everything online, but you can't beat checking them out in person...and the staff is more than willing to show you each room, so take a look before you make your decision...
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Not knowing what to expect, we were all very pleased with the service first, the quaintness of the property and all the Victorian furnishings upstairs. Our first night was spent in the Captain's Suite, we were all pleased with the property, furnishings, space and air conditioning! Seriously, the GM made sure we were welcome, comfortable and offerred many great suggestions. I would recommend this hotel to anyone! The breakfast was varied, hot and the space was very comfortable, we even ate breakfast on the deck over looking the main street. If your room is upstairs, just be aware, there are quite a few stairs to climb to get there.

Room Tip: A suite offers living area, where a room is a bathroom and a bed, but very well furnished.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Terry Y
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We took advantage of a summer special: $69 per night in one of the smaller rooms--not a suite. Summer is the off season, so we almost had the place to ourselves. The rooms are simple and pleasant, without microwaves or refrigerators, but there's a small shared refrigerator upstairs for the use of the guests. Breakfast was good, and we enjoyed eating outdoors on the small balcony every morning. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend the place.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room without noise from the saloon.
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I called the owner to set up a little mini vacation for the weekend. Bill was more than accomodating, and gave us the Victorian Suite for the weekend. The room was very nice, and there are already nice pics online of the room. It was very clean, and the bar in the hotel was great and a lot of fun as well. There were three great bands there the two nights we were in town. I highly recommend the hotel. Breakfast was included, but we got to it only once, and it was about half way through the appointed time and the food was mostly gone or cold. My own fault, but there probably should have been more coffee at least. My wife was freaked out because of all the talk about ghosts with some folks that we me. Didn't bother me, but she was up all night the first night, and had a bit of trouble sleeping the second night.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed at the Bisbee Grand and used our CC in the bar. We left the card with the bartender as collateral. When we went to cash out – he ran the card for 191.00 of which our bank declined (thank God). We proceed to pay cash for our room. We received the keys and stayed the night thinking all was well. The next day our bank account was overdrawn due to two charges from Bisbee Grand! The bartender claims a $91.00 bar tab for well rum and coke and draft beer for 3-4 hours’ time. That would mean we drank about 20 drinks averaging 6-8 drinks per hour….? We were ripped off. Then they ran the card again, the next day for the room, of which we paid CASH and another 24.00 now claim more bar fees! $115.00 in bar fees. That would bring us to 10 drinks each per hour or 1 drink every 10 minutes. NOT… not possible for anyone to drink a drink every 10 minutes – who else was on our tab or, better yet, what was put in the tip jar?
In addition – I have a service animal in training. I have a degenerative disease that is progressively worsening. Federal law state, “A disabled person does not have to reveal their specific disability.” My Lab wears her tag around her neck at all times.
When I tried to contact the owner, Bill, regarding the charges to our bankcard – he did not have the courtesy to return my call. Then when I disputed the charges with my bank, the bank was able to get the owner on the phone. Bill told me he did not receive a message to call me… no wonder when his help received cash. Bill proceeded to harass me by calling me a liar about the cash we paid and he stated, “Your dog is not a service dog because you are not blind.” Second time he called me a liar.
We tipped the bartender throughout the night and tipped the hotel house cleaner the next morning – again in cash. We never expected to be ripped off – they seemed so friendly… not! The bartended tried to tell us $99.00 was a discount from him. This is another lie because the web site says $69.00 for a standard room and $99.00 for a suite. We did not request a suite.
We are out $150.00 of fraudulent charges to our card and paid about 150.00 for the hotel room, tips and bar tab. The entire night cost around $300.00.
Lesson learned – do not give your credit card to Bisbee Grand to hold for any length of time. Not only are they dishonest Bill – owner called me a liar about my disability and refused to return my money.
Note to Bill – A persons disability is not always visible from the outside. Service animals are not used solely for the blind. Never degrade your customers by calling them liars when you have never met them. Finally, do not fraudulently charge credit cards because it is a felony.
Note to other guest that stayed at Bisbee Grand – Check out your bank statement and be sure the charges are correct.

2  Thank Julie W
bisbeegrandhotel, Owner at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

I have had 2 responses rejected. I do not understand why our hotel is not able to defend ourselves against FALSE reporting. I ask people reading this review to please read all of the other guests reviews because you will see that this review is not a representation of the type of people working at the BGH nor is the owner a fraud or runs a fraudulent business.