“Arizona Friendly !!!!”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bisbee
Tempe, Arizona, United States
“Arizona Friendly !!!!”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Let me say I am an Arizona native with the love for discovering Arizona's history. This place is the way the people of Arizona are suppose to treat treat their guest. Great staff, rooms are awesome and so are the bartenders. Christen makes an awesome bloodymary and is very good with guest. Now that I realize how upgrading our room would have been worth the cost, I would definitely check into that if I was a first timer. Great down town location with many shops and saloons to visit. If you love the history of Arizona, this hotel puts you in the heart of the area giving you options for museums, jeep tours, mine tours and so much more. If you want to witness the way Arizona hospitality is suppose to be, you have to stay at the Bisbee Grand Hotel. The free breakfast was good also.

Room Tip: Ask the staff for a tour of the rooms if available. The different rooms will knock your socks off...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
bisbeegrandhotel, Owner at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you for your KIND review on the BGH. We all take pride in offering the best experience to guests of our hotel. We, especially, appreciate when guests name an employee who served them over and above the normal call of duty. Owners, as well as, management, try to train our employees to be sincerely friendly and accommodating.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

After researching several hotels in Bisbee we chose the Grand for the novelty of the Old Western Suite. After all who would not want to spend the night in an old west covered wagon. The wagon is in the room and holds queen sized bed, very comfy and cozy. The bathroom has a jacuzzi tub and separate shower. All very good. The main room has the wagon, a bench, pieces of furniture for placing clothes and a 19 inch standard color tv. The wifi is strong and reliable. There is a heater and a.c. Unit, no window to look out upon the street. All well and good except the bench is uncomfortable and not a place to sit and read. Same for the bed. On Saturday night there was music in the bar and it was difficult to sleep. I also think the room next door ran the bathroom fan which added to the noise. Breakfast is included but were told there would only be 3 items on the menu. As i am writing before breakfast I don't know what the items are. We may look elsewhere for breakfast. The room is pricey, but Bisbee is a tourist town, still I am not convinced that we got what we paid for.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
bisbeegrandhotel, Manager at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
We appreciate all of our guests who take the time to make a REVIEW on our hotel. However, sometimes some guests do not take the time to listen to our staff when they check in and/or when making their reservations. We tell people, up front, that the Old Western Suite is NOT for everybody! The OWS is for guests who enjoy adventure, something entirely different than just any room/suite in CHAIN hotels, motels and resorts. The OWS, with its covered wagon, is an once in a life time experience. Both the Hollywood Western and Old Western suites are located on the 1st floor and share a very comfortable lobby which would be extremely suitable for guests who want to read. The GOOD thing is that it is seldom used, therefore, guests are just about assured of privacy. There is a large television in the lobby, too. We are sorry that you did not order breakfast... You missed a home cooked meal! The owner of the café who prepares breakfast takes pride in the QUALITY of food she serves to our guests. We are, again, sorry that you failed to turn your poor experience into a loving and fun night.

Again, the Bisbee Grand Hotel is NOT for everybody, however, we are proud to offer fun and loving couples a GREAT turn-of-the-century stay while lodging with us.
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I'm a traveling blues musician and I'm on the road a couple hundred days a year. Rarely am I surprised in my travels, but last week when I was passing through Bisbee Arizona on my way to a gig in Phoenix I stopped and stayed at The Grand Hotel. This is an older venue--when I say older I mean 1800s--but in remarkable condition with a great deal of "old west" charm.

When Christin checked me into my room I was expecting to be led into a modernized 1800s cubicle that would be antiquated and over-priced. Boy was I surprised! She took me into a small lobby area, with leather couches and old west decor that was nothing less than charming. This led through a door into my personal suite that featured cowboy decor and signed, framed old movie posters featuring every old west Hollywood icon there ever was.

The king sized bed was to-die-for comfortable and gave me the best night's sleep of my entire trip. The oversized luxuriously appointed bath featured a personal jacuzzi as well as an oversized shower and closet for hanging clothes. The room was also furnished with beautiful old west style antiques, but it had modern TV & WIFI conveniences. I don't know how they do it, as my room adjoined the saloon, but I never heard a sound--it must be the thick brick walls.

If you're in the Bisbee area, I highly recommend that you check out this quaint town and give The Grand Hotel a try (if they're not fully booked!) Oh, did I mention, my stay also included a cowboy style breakfast with eggs, roasted potatoes, fat link sausages and grilled Texas toast. What a jewel!

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
bisbeegrandhotel, Owner at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Val and Bill (owners of the BGH), as well as the staff, deeply appreciates your review on the BGH.

The owners and staff makes every effort to provide a turn of-the-century atmosphere which will be REMEMBERED and TREASURED by our guests and compliments our their visit to Bisbee.
Casa Grande, Arizona
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We stayed here recently, and were impressed with the homey feel and attentive staff. The hotel is conveniently located downtown near many shops and saloons. There is a saloon downstairs. There was live music on the weekends, and it seems like they have live music at various times. The staff was so nice. There is a wonderful breakfast, that is included in the price of the hotel. If you need anything, all your have to do is ask. Everyone who works here is ready to help! ;) Free wifi is really nice!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Val and Bill, owners of the BGH, deeply appreciates your KIND words about our staff. We all make every effort to have guests experience the finest in hospitality, as well as, taking a trip back to the Turn-of- of the century. Visiting the BGH is like staying in a old western museum,.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Spent one night at the Bisbee Grand to celebrate my birthday. My husband and I shared the Hollywood Western suite as a birthday splurge. The king sized bed was so comfortable-- the mattress and sheets were just right. The room itself is HUGE as is the bathroom which includes a jacuzzi tub, perfect for soaking. The hot breakfast (eggs, potatoes, awesome toast) was good and satisfying. The location can't be beat-- Cafe Roka a very short walk in one direction, Screaming Banshee Pizza a very short walk in the other.

Friends stayed in one of the standard rooms and enjoyed their stay as much as we did.

The only negative was the fact that we could hear conversations in the adjacent rooms but even that wasn't a really big deal for us. It's an old building, these things happen.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your KIND thoughts about your stay with us. Val and Bill (owners) appreciate that you spent your birthday at the BGH and both your review of hotel and the town of Bisbee. Bisbee is a great place to visit. Bisbee, as well as the BGH, allows visitors to experience a turn-of-century atmosphere.
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 18 April 2013

There is lots to like about the Bisbee Grand Hotel: its uniquenss and historical character, friendly staff and owners, good breakfast, easy parking across the street, decent prices, and its location in the heart of this picturesque town, with a fine restaurant down the street (and some nice jewelry shops: the agate necklace I found there was such a hit with the wife that I don't think she's taken it off this past month).
There are both suites, which the hotel features (and which get mainly positive reviews), and regular rooms - traveling alone, I asked for one of the latter, which I would rate as average, at best. Though clean and nicely furnished in the style of a century ago (which out West counts as historic), it was also rather dark (with a single interior-facing window and weak overhead light); the rod for closing the blind was missing, as was the tv remote; the bulb in the small desk lamp was out; and the mirror over the in-room sink lacked a light (so I didn't even try to shave). Hotel is linked to a tavern next door, where one checks in - even the quieter rooms get to hear the live music on weekends (but mostly guitars/singing, as opposed to amplified bass thumps, and so tolerable). But that, and the thin walls, and some loud fellow guests, made for a fairly noisy evening. [Guest deportment seems to be a problem: Upon check-in one is asked to sign a list of a dozen or so house rules.]
So definitely a "fun and friendly" place, but maybe not equally suited to every demographic - although I'm still glad that I was able to stop by in Bisbee; and retain generally fond memories of this hotel, as well.

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ranke
Thank you for taking them time to REVIEW the BGH. We appreciate your comments and will work on the lighting in the room that you stayed. We take pride in allowing our guests to experience what lodging was like before the Turn-Of-The-Century. we apologize that a light bulb was out. Our staff is well trained to keep a look out for such possible problems, but, sometimes will miss seeing things like a burned out light bulb. But, also, keeping up with burned out light bulbs is a problem in a Turn-of-the-century hotel because they mostly go out when nobody is around. Could it be the resident GHOST playing tricks?
Fontana, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Fun and friendly. Everyone was friendly and helpful . The Hotel is unique. All rooms are different and large or small very cheerful with great attention to detail. Breakfast was terrific and we had a wonderful visit with the owner who shared historic information about Bisbee. We will definately be back and recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Ask to see a few as they are all different and they don't mind showing them to you.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for you very KIND review of our hotel. YES!!! Many of our guests tell us about their experience of having FUN while staying at the BGH. We find that we attract the type of guests who ENJOYS what Bisbee, as a town offers, which is a TRIP back in time as well as being unblemished with modern day BOX stores and franchised establishments. A stay at the BGH will take you back to the early 1900,s in an elegant fashion.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bisbee
Copper Queen Hotel
#10 of 11 in Bisbee
Landmark Lookout Lodge
Landmark Lookout Lodge
#3 of 9 in Tombstone

Been to Bisbee Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!