“Very enjoyable hotel!”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bisbee
Austin, Texas, United States
“Very enjoyable hotel!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel in August while I was visiting some close friends in Arizona. I decided I wanted to try something different, and I have always had a love for old things. This hotel hit just the right spot. I stayed in the Bird room, which is a medium sized room covered in bird wallpaper. I wont lie the hotel felt a little dated in some areas, the carpets being obviously old and somewhat coming apart, but I think that's part of what made it feel so great. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. Overall the rooms were extremely unique, while the beds may be a little uncomfortable. For the money this hotel was well worth it, I would take something with historical significance and character to a new hotel any-day. Well worth it.

Room Tip: The bird room is small and cozy, I personally don't like over-large spaces.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
bisbeegrandhotel, Owner at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
We appreciate your review on our hotel. We have scheduled for the carpet to be REPLACED on September 11, 2013. We listen to our guest's suggestions.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Tombstone
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed at Bisbee grand 5 days exploring Bisbee and area around. Room was spotless, breakfast and morning coffee on balcony was great!! All the staff working upstairs and down stairs in the Bar were great. So what if some of the carpet is older--- its a old historic building!!! The price was very reasonable and the location was great, walking distance to all of Old Bisbee. Will tell all my friends this is a great place

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon E
bisbeegrandhotel, Owner at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you for your REVIEW of the BGH. We appreciate you taking the time to pass on to potential guests your positive comments about your stay at the BGH. We encourage our guests to write a REVIEW regarding their stay with us. We assure you that the owner and staff of the BGH takes great pride in offering our guests a quality experience!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband and I called this hotel July 4th 2013 for a last min room.
We were driving through to Tucson, AZ.

This was the only hotel that picked up the phone & had an available room.
We were booked in Room #1 Orange Room.
The hallway leading up to the room is so old, dingy, and dated.
The carpet obviously had not been cleaned in years.

The room...
The bed a horrible uncomfortable little mattress with an old frame,
I felt like I was staying in my old poor great-great grandmother's guest room,
That had not been updated or cleaned in decades.
The bathroom tiles were broken,
The sink had a filthy lace skirt that made me cringe to get close and brush my teeth.
The toilet ran the whole night and had old worn streaks down the side of the bowl.
The shower was like a tiny little shower I would expect to find a mobile home.
The rugs on the floor looked frayed and worn out, should have been changed years ago.
The wall paper on the walls was peeling off.
Lets not even get started with the carpet, there's no way I could walk barefoot in this place.

The Breakfast...
There were only three items on the menu we could choose from.
There were flies buzzing around.
The springs in the chairs were worn out and broken.
Another couple had walked in that were staying at another hotel,
Left after shooing away the flies from their table.
(We only stayed because breakfast came with the room)
The cook stepped right outside and lit up a cigarette after making our food.

There are plenty of other places to stay in Bisbee.
Keep searching & Do NOT Pick This Hotel.

Room Tip: Keep looking, This is not the place to stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AABlank
The staff at BGH does NOT understand why you did not address any issues that you had regarding the ORANGE ROOM at the time of check-in or certainly after you had a better time to examine your room. The staff member who check you into the Orange Room stated that you were happy with the room. We wish that you would have informed us of any complaints because we would have made it RIGHT for you. You should have said something during or after breakfast. We feel hurt about the contents of your REVIEW. It is obvious that you had a bad experience staying with the BGH. We just hope that the rest of your travels met with your satisfaction.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The adventure of going to stay at the Bisbee Grand Hotel was not only fun and relaxing but you can go online and see the rooms to make your choice before you arrive.
Now, the carpet on the stairwell is really dated and quite worn, some of the other carpet is pulling apart so doesn't look great (and could be a risk of someone tripping and falling) but overall we truly enjoyed the stay.
The ONE staff member (which tickled us) not only checks the guests in, takes them to their room and tells you about the timing of things, but also bartends and cleans rooms. This isn't the owner, although that sounds more like an involved owner than an employee, but she did it with a smile.
We stayed in the Victorian Suite so we had a sitting room, good TV, great view of downtown and were just steps away from the balcony where you could enjoy being outside and watching the happenings of downtown Bisbee. There are a number of people out and about in the evening which were fun to watch.
Breakfast was included in our room rate so we had an American style breakfast in the morning. The waitress was all smiles and helpful.
The bed was hard but comfortable (better than a sagging, soft one).
Great get away for a weekend.

Room Tip: Be sure to go online and look at the rooms before you book. Some of the rooms are quite small so if...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank visitthemall
The management, staff and owners appreciates your REVIEW of the BGH. We acknowledge that the carpet at the top of the stairs needed a little tender loving care. We just came off a record breaking Winter and needed to catch up with the common area carpet which has be addressed and corrected. The BGH is a HISTORIC HOTEL dating back over 100 years. We make every effort to have guests experience a turn-of-the-century atmosphere. We constantly make every effort to keep the BGH in tip top shape without sacrificing the ambiance of staying in a HISTORIC HOTEL.
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Let me say I am an Arizona native with the love for discovering Arizona's history. This place is the way the people of Arizona are suppose to treat treat their guest. Great staff, rooms are awesome and so are the bartenders. Christen makes an awesome bloodymary and is very good with guest. Now that I realize how upgrading our room would have been worth the cost, I would definitely check into that if I was a first timer. Great down town location with many shops and saloons to visit. If you love the history of Arizona, this hotel puts you in the heart of the area giving you options for museums, jeep tours, mine tours and so much more. If you want to witness the way Arizona hospitality is suppose to be, you have to stay at the Bisbee Grand Hotel. The free breakfast was good also.

Room Tip: Ask the staff for a tour of the rooms if available. The different rooms will knock your socks off...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
bisbeegrandhotel, Owner at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you for your KIND review on the BGH. We all take pride in offering the best experience to guests of our hotel. We, especially, appreciate when guests name an employee who served them over and above the normal call of duty. Owners, as well as, management, try to train our employees to be sincerely friendly and accommodating.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

After researching several hotels in Bisbee we chose the Grand for the novelty of the Old Western Suite. After all who would not want to spend the night in an old west covered wagon. The wagon is in the room and holds queen sized bed, very comfy and cozy. The bathroom has a jacuzzi tub and separate shower. All very good. The main room has the wagon, a bench, pieces of furniture for placing clothes and a 19 inch standard color tv. The wifi is strong and reliable. There is a heater and a.c. Unit, no window to look out upon the street. All well and good except the bench is uncomfortable and not a place to sit and read. Same for the bed. On Saturday night there was music in the bar and it was difficult to sleep. I also think the room next door ran the bathroom fan which added to the noise. Breakfast is included but were told there would only be 3 items on the menu. As i am writing before breakfast I don't know what the items are. We may look elsewhere for breakfast. The room is pricey, but Bisbee is a tourist town, still I am not convinced that we got what we paid for.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
bisbeegrandhotel, Manager at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
We appreciate all of our guests who take the time to make a REVIEW on our hotel. However, sometimes some guests do not take the time to listen to our staff when they check in and/or when making their reservations. We tell people, up front, that the Old Western Suite is NOT for everybody! The OWS is for guests who enjoy adventure, something entirely different than just any room/suite in CHAIN hotels, motels and resorts. The OWS, with its covered wagon, is an once in a life time experience. Both the Hollywood Western and Old Western suites are located on the 1st floor and share a very comfortable lobby which would be extremely suitable for guests who want to read. The GOOD thing is that it is seldom used, therefore, guests are just about assured of privacy. There is a large television in the lobby, too. We are sorry that you did not order breakfast... You missed a home cooked meal! The owner of the café who prepares breakfast takes pride in the QUALITY of food she serves to our guests. We are, again, sorry that you failed to turn your poor experience into a loving and fun night.

Again, the Bisbee Grand Hotel is NOT for everybody, however, we are proud to offer fun and loving couples a GREAT turn-of-the-century stay while lodging with us.
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I'm a traveling blues musician and I'm on the road a couple hundred days a year. Rarely am I surprised in my travels, but last week when I was passing through Bisbee Arizona on my way to a gig in Phoenix I stopped and stayed at The Grand Hotel. This is an older venue--when I say older I mean 1800s--but in remarkable condition with a great deal of "old west" charm.

When Christin checked me into my room I was expecting to be led into a modernized 1800s cubicle that would be antiquated and over-priced. Boy was I surprised! She took me into a small lobby area, with leather couches and old west decor that was nothing less than charming. This led through a door into my personal suite that featured cowboy decor and signed, framed old movie posters featuring every old west Hollywood icon there ever was.

The king sized bed was to-die-for comfortable and gave me the best night's sleep of my entire trip. The oversized luxuriously appointed bath featured a personal jacuzzi as well as an oversized shower and closet for hanging clothes. The room was also furnished with beautiful old west style antiques, but it had modern TV & WIFI conveniences. I don't know how they do it, as my room adjoined the saloon, but I never heard a sound--it must be the thick brick walls.

If you're in the Bisbee area, I highly recommend that you check out this quaint town and give The Grand Hotel a try (if they're not fully booked!) Oh, did I mention, my stay also included a cowboy style breakfast with eggs, roasted potatoes, fat link sausages and grilled Texas toast. What a jewel!

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
bisbeegrandhotel, Owner at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Val and Bill (owners of the BGH), as well as the staff, deeply appreciates your review on the BGH.

The owners and staff makes every effort to provide a turn of-the-century atmosphere which will be REMEMBERED and TREASURED by our guests and compliments our their visit to Bisbee.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bisbee
Copper Queen Hotel
#10 of 11 in Bisbee
Landmark Lookout Lodge
Landmark Lookout Lodge
#3 of 9 in Tombstone

Been to Bisbee Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!