“If you like funky, historical, and quaint, this place is for you!”
Review of Bisbee Grand Hotel

and 1 more site!
Bisbee Grand Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bisbee
“If you like funky, historical, and quaint, this place is for you!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Bisbee experience is artsy and funky anyway... so this place fits the bill! If you are looking for modern, plastic, elegant,"cookie cutter" with super quiet rooms, this hotel may not be what you are looking for. The Bisbee Grand is steeped in history and character. If that is what you seek, then this is the place for you!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank drewsel
bisbeegrandhotel, Owner at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thanks for taking the time to REVIEW our hotel. YES!!! We offer something better than the "cookie cutting" lodging that you often find in Hotels and B and B's. We do not have the "paid polite" employees who have their hand out waiting for tips. We offer helpful service by staff members who truly want to enhance your stay at the BGH.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Oakland, California
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My boyfriend and I were in Bisbee last week for 3 days, and while we did not stay at the Grand, I wish we had!! We popped in after dinner for some drinks and to shoot some pool, and suddenly the bartender said "who wants a tour of the hotel!!!!" well YEAH, we do! so off we went! I was especially in love with the Hollywood suite, and definitely want to stay there on my next visit to Bisbee! We loved all the rooms and how sweet the bartender was to step away and give us a little tour. We'll be back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tour and REVIEW the BGH. YES!! Our STAFF is proud of both rooms/suites at the BGH. We look forward to having you stay at our very fine hotel upon your NEXT visit to Bisbee. We know that your entire experience when revisiting Bisbee will be enhanced by staying with us.
Star Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We want to express our gratitude for the surprising room upgrade for the two rooms we booked for ourselves and family members. After we checked in, we looked at the two rooms we originally booked. They were beautiful, clean, and looked comfortable. Our upgrades to suites with a common sitting area were excellent. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean, & well maintained. Our breakfasts were great. Thank you for making our Bisbee visit memorable!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jackie B
bisbeegrandhotel, Owner at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for REVIEWING our place of lodging. The owner and staff of the BGH makes every effort to accommodate our guests. We were pleased to UPGRADE your family by placing them in two suites that had a private lobby area. We try to treat all of our guests like they are part of the BGH family.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This place is awesome - talk about a treat - I would totally recommend this Hotel to anyone
who has the respect and can appreciate history/culture/antiques and the fact that the Hotel
has total character !!
The employees were just as sweet as could be and so attentive - KUDOS
We had the pleasure of meeting the owners - down to earth people and darn right nice.

P.S. I love the ole carpet and the wallpaper reminds me of Miss Kitty's Saloon in Gunsmoke Hey, come on now who wouldn't want to share that experience !

Room Tip: The one with a ghost :)
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Claudia E
bisbeegrandhotel, Owner at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for you REVIEW. We appreciate your comments. The only difference between me and MATT (Gunsmoke) is that I Married my Miss Kitty (Valerie) and Matt failed to marry Miss Kitty after years of being on television. .
SAFFORD, AZ
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We went to Bisbee for the weekend on a girl's trip. I had stayed at the Bisbee Grand Hotel before, and was so impressed that I just had to share with my friends. The rooms are all decorated in a different theme, and the suites have a separate sitting area, which is really nice for friends to gather. I stayed in the "Captain's Suite" which is probably the most unique room I have stayed in so far. The room is street level, and from the outside looks just like a store front. You should really lock the door when you are in the room or you might get some unexpected company. People tend to try and come in, thinking it is a store. The suite has two bedrooms, a bathroom, and a nice sized sitting area with a large dining room table. It's very roomy. The rooms inside are also very nice....they will let you look at them if no one is in them at the time, which made me want to go back & try a different room next time. They offer a really nice complimentary breakfast that is served in the upstairs balcony. One of the best parts of this hotel is the Saloon, which is also very old & unique. All of the staff were very friendly & helpful, especially Lori, who very patiently took group pictures for us. This is a very old & historic hotel, and very conveniently located in the heart of downtown Bisbee. It is within walking distance to the shops & restaurants in the area. I'll definitely be staying at the Bisbee Grand again!

Room Tip: If you enjoy a "different" sort of room, then try the Captain's Suite. If you prefer a...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
bisbeegrandhotel, Owner at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Thank you for your KIND review. We listen to our guests.. We have posted a sign on the Captain's Suite's front door advising Bisbee tourist "PRIVATE SUITE, FOR HOTEL GUESTS ONLY. This should eliminate tourists from trying the door and thinking that it is a store front.
West Hartford
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The Bisbee Grand Hotel is a unique hotel with beautiful luxury suites and rooms. I have stayed in many good hotels before but this hotel is the best I have stayed in! I came up to Bisbee to check out the city's rich mining history. I previously had doubts about this hotel but my mind changed after my stay. I couldn't believe the lowest rate for a room is $79.00! This hotel is very affordable if you are traveling on a tight budget. The only small minor problems I have are the bed can be a little uncomfortable and it can be very tough to get availability at this hotel. Luckily, I was able to get my room booked and had a great time in the city of Bisbee! This hotel is very assessable to the historic downtown area. It was perfect to do all my exploring and shopping in the area!

I suggest anyone who plans to stay at this hotel to take advantage of their specials. You could get a very good discount!

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
bisbeegrandhotel, Owner at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Thank you for you comments. We want you to know that on August 11, 2013 we have scheduled a company to replace the carpet. We pay attention to all of our reviews and love to have suggestions on improving the quality of our guest's experiences while staying at the BGH.
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel in August while I was visiting some close friends in Arizona. I decided I wanted to try something different, and I have always had a love for old things. This hotel hit just the right spot. I stayed in the Bird room, which is a medium sized room covered in bird wallpaper. I wont lie the hotel felt a little dated in some areas, the carpets being obviously old and somewhat coming apart, but I think that's part of what made it feel so great. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. Overall the rooms were extremely unique, while the beds may be a little uncomfortable. For the money this hotel was well worth it, I would take something with historical significance and character to a new hotel any-day. Well worth it.

Room Tip: The bird room is small and cozy, I personally don't like over-large spaces.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
We appreciate your review on our hotel. We have scheduled for the carpet to be REPLACED on September 11, 2013. We listen to our guest's suggestions.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bisbee
Copper Queen Hotel
Landmark Lookout Lodge
Landmark Lookout Lodge
#3 of 9 in Tombstone
The Gardens At Mile High Ranch

Been to Bisbee Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!