“backache, drunkers in a histroric hotel”
Review of Bisbee Grand Hotel

and 1 more site!
Bisbee Grand Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bisbee
Phoenix, AZ
“backache, drunkers in a histroric hotel”
Reviewed 29 December 2008

The is a old historical hotel with a Victorian style layout. The room and hall are nicely decorated and has the old charm. The bathroom is small but appropriated with the age of the hotel.

First major problem is the bed. It is so old and has no back support. I had a backache the following day for the whole day. We were at room #1.

The second problem is the hotel guests. This hotel is on the second floor of a saloon. On a weekend nights, there would be party goers that bright loud noise back to the hotel when they are so intoxicated. If you are a party type, this should not be a problem.

Oh one last thing, This hotel has no elevator. The only way to go to your room is through a twenty-plus-steps stair. Be prepare to haul your luggage.

• Liked — Historcial aspect of the hotel, location.
  • Disliked — Loud noises, an old bed.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Granddame65, Owner at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2009
Let me start this response with an apology that the mattress in #1 was not to your liking. we have replaced the mattress with a new one. We are an old hotel with old Victorian charm, with that being said. Me and my wife do our best to upgrade anything we find that is worn out or otherwise not suitable for a pleasant stay in our hotel. Once i am very sorry your stay was not as comfortable as it should have been.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 3 November 2008

We stayed at the Bisbee Grand over the Halloween weekend and had a blast. After reading some of the reviews about this hotel, I feel a lot of them were unfair.
This is an old hotel people- it is not the Four Seasons! What makes this hotel unique is its charm. The rooms were very clean and roomy. We stayed in the Oriental Room. We heard that the room was haunted, but didn't see anything. The front desk lady, Linda (i think?) was very pleasant and helpful. I find it funny how people were complaining about breakfast- I thought (and so did the other 7 people in our group) it was just fine. Fresh fruits and pasteries. All good.
The town itself is so full of history and fun stories that we are so excited to return. I am sure we will stay again at the Bisbee Grand again! Loved the location, not noisey at all and very friendly.

• Stayed October 2008
1 Thank DIANEQueenCreek
Tucson
Reviewed 6 July 2008

I read the reviews here after I booked our room at The Grand. I was a bit apprehensive at first thinking this place was going to be noisy and uncomfortable. I was mistaken and fortunately, whoever wrote those few bad reviews must have been having a really rough day or life for that matter.
I am skeptical from the get go because I have stayed at some pretty sketchy hotels before. You know, other people being loud and obnoxious, partying all night and the management not willing to do a thing. The Bisbee Grand is not like that at all. From the moment my wife and I pulled into town, we just fell in love with everything about Bisbee and especially, the hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We had no problem checking in. Went right into the office, checked in and were escorted to our wonderful room. We stayed in the Hacienda suite. It was very charming. We liked the headboard that was mounted into the plaster interior wall, the decorative little beehive fireplace and the bathroom that was very unique. It had a little staircase that led up to the sink, shower and commode. The bed was large and very comfy and the hotel was pretty quiet all night long. In the morning, we were treated to a very generous breakfast consisting of yogurt with granola on the side, various fresh fruit, danish, hard boiled eggs, bagels, two kinds of cheese, coffee and o.j. It was more than adequate.
We did have the opportunity to view some of the other rooms as well and they were just as nice as ours, especially, The Victorian. It was very spacious and had a claw foot tub as well. We will be staying in that room next time. Do yourself a favor, dont listen to the negative reviews about the Bisbee Grand hotel because they are hugely untrue. You will be very happy staying here as my wife and I were and will be staying at again in the future!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AZBigD
Douglas Az
Reviewed 28 June 2008

i absolutely loved my stay at the bisbee grand hote...it was quite the experience alll the rooms have different themes the best is the old western suite...the bed is a covered wagon.....soo cool..i definitly recommend to everyone...

Stayed May 2008
phoenix,az
Reviewed 16 June 2008

We only stayed one night, but wish we could have stayed more. The room was small but cozy. The breakfast was good. I'm not sure what people are complaining about. There was plenty of choices and I left breakfast satisfied. I sat on the patio and talked to other guest, they all seemed happy with the rooms. It was loud when every one was heading back to the room, but that is something that I expected. We will come back soon!!

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Maricopa
Reviewed 5 June 2008

The stay started off great, we were upgraded to a suite which was awesome. This was our first family trip with our infant.
our room was on the second floor which made it a little hard going up and down the stairs with a baby, stoller and bag. Breakfast sucked! The bagles were hard as rocks and the food looked like it was a week or two old. At night, there was a lady playing her guitar which was okay but we had to pass through a group of smokers to get to the lobby door. The noise from the bar made it hard to put our daughter to sleep. When we made the restervations, the lady insured us the room was quite and I let her know we were bringing an infant. We left early the second night cause we didn't want to be in the hotel anymore.
Also I thought it was weird we had to sign a paper for the things we cound not do (I.E. smoke, breaking stuff, no refunds.....)
I would not recommed this place to anyone

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank BlueandSailor
Granddame65, Owner at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2008
I am always very sad when someone who has stayed with us has had a less than stellar experience as me and my wife work very hard to make everything as perfect as we can. As far as our breakfast being "a week or two old" well that is just not true we put out fresh fruit, bagel's, yogurt and cheeses every morning. we never reuse old cheese's or Bagels (these or not rock hard). I have stayed in the Victorian suite many times myself and have never been able to hear the bar.. I guess you have super- human hearing...I myself upgraded these folks to the bigger suite for free as they did have an infant. I do not have control what people do on a public side walk i am sorry you had to ask smokers to move out of your way.. I can only say obviously we are not the Westin we are a historical hotel in a historical mining town. I am pained that you feel the need say so many untrue things about our hotel when we welcomed you, gave you a suite for free and did our best to take care of your needs.
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 19 May 2008

My boyfriend and I loved the Bisbee Grand. We stayed in the covered wagon room, which was about the coolest thing ever. The hotel is centrally located, so we were able to park the car on Friday, and didn't get back in until Sunday. The room shared a wall with the bar, but the noise was muffled and didn't keep us up at all. We thought it was quaint that the clerk was also the bartender, and just generally loved the Bisbee Grand. Also, apparently the Victorian Room is haunted, so we're excited to go back and try to stay in that room as well. If you have little kids, they'll think the covered wagon is great!

I was a little trepedatious after reading the reviews, but as long as you understand that this is an OLD hotel, and that it's not going to have all the amenities of a Four Seasons, or even a Holiday Inn, you'll be fine. You should be staying here precisely because of the hotel's interesting history, and kitschy atmosphere.

• Liked — The historic building
  • Disliked — Hard water
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bisbee
Copper Queen Hotel
Landmark Lookout Lodge
Landmark Lookout Lodge
#3 of 9 in Tombstone
The Gardens At Mile High Ranch

Been to Bisbee Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!