“Our GRAND wedding at the Bisbee Grand!”
Review of Bisbee Grand Hotel

and 1 more site!
Bisbee Grand Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bisbee
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Our GRAND wedding at the Bisbee Grand!”
Reviewed 9 November 2010

I fell in love with the Bisbee Grand about 3 years ago when my new boyfriend took me on a ride from Tombstone through the canyon to this little town called Bisbee. It was a Sunday and when we walked in the Saloon there was a fully stocked "Bloody Mary Bar" and I was hooked! For the next 3 years I envisioned getting married and having the reception right there in the Bisbee Grand Saloon. After getting engaged, we met with the owner, Bill Thomas, to see if my dream could become a reality. We were thrilled when Bill accommodated our every desire and the planning began.

As expected with wedding planning, there were a few bumps in the road. The week before the wedding our rehearsal dinner restaurant canceled on us. I called Bill Thomas and asked if we could gather in the Saloon for pizza and again, we were graciously accommodated. Bill even had a cover built for the pool table so we could use it to serve the buffet dinner.

Our wedding day was beautiful and the best part of the day was coming back to The Bisbee Grand and seeing The Saloon transformed with red tablecloths, centerpieces and a big red cake. Table were moved to give us and ample dance floor which was used all night!

The staff was always ready to help with every request we had. The bartenders were friendly and helpful. Bill Thomas came both nights to the rehearsal and to the reception to make sure everything was to our liking. Even breakfast the morning after the wedding was served up hot and delicious by the friendliest staff I have ever known.

Bill Thomas and The Bisbee Grand staff made our wedding weekend the best wedding I could have imagined. I only wish I could do it again and again and again! Thank you Bill and your staff for the best and most memorable weekend of my life!

• Stayed November 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 1 October 2010

I had a business meeting in Agua Prieta and decided to stay in Bisbee for the night. The Bisbee Grand honored the State rate. I had never been to Bisbee and the town and hotel were very cool. It's a photographer's dream. We checked in at 8:00 pm or so in the Saloon. The staff was great and pretty efficient for checking in 5 travelers. The staff also recommended a number of places to eat. We were shown to our rooms. I stayed in room 5. I have stayed in a number of standard rooms in historic hotels and this was on par with any of them. The room was small, doors creaked, and things looked old. This was not unexpected. The room was exceptionally clean. And, they didn't use cheap toilet paper (I use this a barometer of how much a hotel owner cares). Unoccupied rooms were open to tour. Even though breakfast was scheduled for 8, staff asked if we wanted breakfast/coffee when we gathered at 7 am the next morning. Later that day, the bartender let me take a look at the covered wagon suite since it sounded pretty cool. If and when I make it back to Bisbee, definitely going to ask for the covered wagon suite.

Overall, the staff was excellent. The room was small (the suites are pretty big), but very clean.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 31 August 2010

This was our first time to Bisbee and what made the trip most enjoyable was the Grand Hotel. We loved our room, the Bird room. When we went through the door into the hotel it was like stepping back into time and we felt quite at home in this charming bed and breakfast. Our room was clean and the atmosphere was relaxed and quiet. We truly felt like it was home away from home. What we enjoyed the most was the continential breakfast and the staff that presented the breakfast. The young lady was friendly and served a variety of foods. Bisbee is a small little town full of little shops and hotels but the Grand Hotel was centrally located on the main street and that added to our pleasure in our selection. We are already planning to go back in the winter so that we can see the snowcapped mountains.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank begrand278
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We stayed here for a few nights for our 10 year anniversary. The themed rooms are amazing, we got to see the ones that were not occupied. Getting in and out of the shower in the Victorian Suite can be a little tricky, I would not recommend it for older people or people with disabilities. This hotel is in a great location and has a friendly staff!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 27 April 2010

Recently stayed at Bisbee Grand Hotel in the oriental suite while in Bisbee for a military training event. The room is very large with a great sitting room. The room is over the downstairs bar, and while you could hear the noise from the bar at night, the actual noise was not too loud or disturbing. I was able to sleep very well the entire 14 days that I stayed. The morning breakfast was prepared daily, and was great. For a older hotel, the rooms were kept very clean. The staff was always friendly and helpful. I would return with my family for another stay.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Arizona
Reviewed 16 March 2010

Our stay in the Victorian Suite was very enjoyable. It was only one night. The staff/bartenders were very friendly and hospitable. Our rooms and the Hotel itself has lots of characters. No ghost sightings, but my significant other got spooked at the thought of seeing one. Needless to say, I had trouble sleeping too. The room is beautiful. There is a continental breakfast that is served, so no need to eat out. We had the opportunity to meet the other patrons who were fun to hang out with. They also had positive things to say after being frequent visitors/patrons of this establishment. We also hung out at the Saloon and were able to bring our drinks to our rooms. Hope to return and stay in their other rooms.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Sequim, Wa
Reviewed 22 February 2010

What a fantastic B & B! Having stayed here several years ago, my wife and I decided to return and experience staying in another theme room. We enjoyed the "Hollywood in the West" room last time, but this time we settled into the "Captain's Suite." The uniqueness of these suites surpassed our expectations. The breakfast was excellent and we enjoyed the ambience at the no-smoking bar. This stay went hand-in-hand with the total atmosphere that Bisbee has to offer. Having stayed here before, we were surprised to hear that Bill and Valerie had just retaken ownership and management of this fine establishment. We even had the pleasure of playing a couple sets of tennis -- thanks, Bill, for the loan of a racket. Next time I'll bring my own.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bisbee
Copper Queen Hotel
Tombstone Monument Ranch
Tombstone Monument Ranch
#2 of 9 in Tombstone
The Gardens At Mile High Ranch

Been to Bisbee Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!