“A property in serious need of attention”
Review of Bisbee Grand Hotel

and 1 more site!
Bisbee Grand Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Bisbee
Reviewed 18 January 2011

Bisbee is a unique spot and a charming place to visit. I was looking forward to our stay at the Bisbee Grand as I am a fan of boutique hotels.
The Bisbee Grand might be one of those special spots if it were at least cleaned and painted. We stayed in one of the suites and the curtains in the bathroom had visible layers of dust and probably hadn't been washed in years, the walls and doors haven't seen a coat of paint in quite awhile, and the bathroom sink wasn't cleaned very well...which made me think that none of the surfaces were very clean. The mattress had long ago passed its time.
Although the physical facility is in serious need of attention, the rooms were quite large and the staff was very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DSCSundance
bisbeegrandhotel, Owner at Bisbee Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2011

My Hotel manager, cleaning supervisor, and wife wife examined the suite, in question, and found that this review was grossly unfair and a misrepresentation of the QUAIITY of the rooms/suites that we proudly offer our guests. There was one small paint chip on the wall in the bathroom where a painting had recently been removed. The certains were taken down and shook without any dust what so ever coming from them. Unfortunately, these guests were more interested in complaining to TripAdvisor about their disapproval of our hotel without the courtesy of talking to our staff. My wife and I (owners) do extensive travels about the United States and we can find "problems" with any place of lodging if we place more value on complaining than we do on ENJOYING life. Also, we find that a few customers desire a "resort" atmosphere unstead of a turn- of- the- century ambiance. We take pride in offering UNIQUE and charming rooms/suites to our guests. Thank you for giving our hotel a chance because your trip to Bisbee will be most certainly ENHANCED with your stay at the BGH.

Reviewed 13 January 2011

We stayed at the Bisbee Grand Hotel only for one night, but would highly recommend it. We stayed in the hotel's best room, the Victorian. It was beautifully decorated in period style, with such a comfortable bed! Normally, I do not sleep all that well in a hotel, but I sunk into this bed with velvet curtains, and slept so well and felt so great the next day, I couldn't have asked for more. The breakfast was also good, and everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is right on the main street and an easy walk to all of the Bisbee stores and restaurants.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2011

Me and my fiancee decided we needed a mini vacation just for a night, we did a lot of searching online for hotels in the "wild west" areas and The Bisbee Grand was our first choice. As soon as we walked into the saloon located at street level, we received an immediate welcome from the bartender and even the locals. I have never met any locals who were as polite and informative as the people there. The bartender especially! (Kenny) Our whole night went very smoothly and found ourselves in the saloon for longer than we had planned. But it was such a fun environment!

The hotel itself as you can see in the pictures is just beautiful. If you love the Victorian/vintage style, then you will LOVE this place. Yes the hotel is creaky and you can tell its old. But thats what brings the feeling you get in the place to life. My fiancee is a professional musician and has been to hotels all over the country. He prefers this one over any! You're within walking distance to see all the old buildings, inns, museums, library... etc. The views there are really breathtaking. Anyways this sums it all up I hope, And we will definitely be going to Bisbee again!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Desert_Sky510
Reviewed 9 November 2010

I fell in love with the Bisbee Grand about 3 years ago when my new boyfriend took me on a ride from Tombstone through the canyon to this little town called Bisbee. It was a Sunday and when we walked in the Saloon there was a fully stocked "Bloody Mary Bar" and I was hooked! For the next 3 years I envisioned getting married and having the reception right there in the Bisbee Grand Saloon. After getting engaged, we met with the owner, Bill Thomas, to see if my dream could become a reality. We were thrilled when Bill accommodated our every desire and the planning began.

As expected with wedding planning, there were a few bumps in the road. The week before the wedding our rehearsal dinner restaurant canceled on us. I called Bill Thomas and asked if we could gather in the Saloon for pizza and again, we were graciously accommodated. Bill even had a cover built for the pool table so we could use it to serve the buffet dinner.

Our wedding day was beautiful and the best part of the day was coming back to The Bisbee Grand and seeing The Saloon transformed with red tablecloths, centerpieces and a big red cake. Table were moved to give us and ample dance floor which was used all night!

The staff was always ready to help with every request we had. The bartenders were friendly and helpful. Bill Thomas came both nights to the rehearsal and to the reception to make sure everything was to our liking. Even breakfast the morning after the wedding was served up hot and delicious by the friendliest staff I have ever known.

Bill Thomas and The Bisbee Grand staff made our wedding weekend the best wedding I could have imagined. I only wish I could do it again and again and again! Thank you Bill and your staff for the best and most memorable weekend of my life!

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 1 October 2010

I had a business meeting in Agua Prieta and decided to stay in Bisbee for the night. The Bisbee Grand honored the State rate. I had never been to Bisbee and the town and hotel were very cool. It's a photographer's dream. We checked in at 8:00 pm or so in the Saloon. The staff was great and pretty efficient for checking in 5 travelers. The staff also recommended a number of places to eat. We were shown to our rooms. I stayed in room 5. I have stayed in a number of standard rooms in historic hotels and this was on par with any of them. The room was small, doors creaked, and things looked old. This was not unexpected. The room was exceptionally clean. And, they didn't use cheap toilet paper (I use this a barometer of how much a hotel owner cares). Unoccupied rooms were open to tour. Even though breakfast was scheduled for 8, staff asked if we wanted breakfast/coffee when we gathered at 7 am the next morning. Later that day, the bartender let me take a look at the covered wagon suite since it sounded pretty cool. If and when I make it back to Bisbee, definitely going to ask for the covered wagon suite.

Overall, the staff was excellent. The room was small (the suites are pretty big), but very clean.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2010

This was our first time to Bisbee and what made the trip most enjoyable was the Grand Hotel. We loved our room, the Bird room. When we went through the door into the hotel it was like stepping back into time and we felt quite at home in this charming bed and breakfast. Our room was clean and the atmosphere was relaxed and quiet. We truly felt like it was home away from home. What we enjoyed the most was the continential breakfast and the staff that presented the breakfast. The young lady was friendly and served a variety of foods. Bisbee is a small little town full of little shops and hotels but the Grand Hotel was centrally located on the main street and that added to our pleasure in our selection. We are already planning to go back in the winter so that we can see the snowcapped mountains.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank begrand278
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We stayed here for a few nights for our 10 year anniversary. The themed rooms are amazing, we got to see the ones that were not occupied. Getting in and out of the shower in the Victorian Suite can be a little tricky, I would not recommend it for older people or people with disabilities. This hotel is in a great location and has a friendly staff!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bisbee
Copper Queen Hotel
#1 of 21 in Sierra Vista
Tombstone Monument Ranch
Tombstone Monument Ranch
#2 of 9 in Tombstone

Been to Bisbee Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!