“A Unique place”

High Desert Market and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Bisbee
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner,with indoor and outdoor seating.We do all our baking on premises, serve generous gourmet salads and sandwiches, quiches, pizzas, desserts and more.Visit our market for gourmet groceries, beers and wines, and unique gifts. We offer wonderful imported cheeses, olives, patés, chocolates and gourmet groceries. Enjoy our fresh organic and locally grown produce, as well as imported and locally produced beers and wines. We also offer table linens and pottery imported from Provence, France, Indonesia, Spain and Mexico (Talavera). Treat yourself with our natural, local, and French soaps and lotions. African baskets from Ghana are part of our full line of baskets and shopping bags from around the world. We also feature local Bisbee-made crafts, San Diego Hats, and more.
Phoenix, Arizona
“A Unique place”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had breakfast here on a Saturday morning. Their Mexican scramble was really good and came with a wonderful tortilla. I also had a latte We stopped again on our way out of town and got a pizza to go. Very fresh and nice. They have a very interesting store attached with wine and gourmet items. Would definitely come here again.

• Visited June 2014

Tucson, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow, what a find!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This charming place feels like a throw-back to a different era. Our salads and sandwiches were delicious and then we indulged in a perfect gluten-free carrot cake with lemon cream cheese frosting. The coffee was great as well. We loved it all.

Tucson, Arizona
“Always enjoy HDM and C”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I love their salads, or should I say I love their Greek salad. It is so good, it's hard for me to order anything but!!! The quiche has been quite yummy, too. The size of their desserts are HUGE and are a great value. No, I managed to resist but was sorry the next morning when I had my coffee...one of the muffins, scones or carrot cake would have been mighty tasty. There are cookies and pies, too! Occasionally run out of things which can be frustrating but there's enough to be had that one should be able to deal with that. It's one way to keep things fresh, limited quantities. Get there early if you want to be sure to get the full offering du jour. They have a nice little market offering some gourmet goodies for picnics and so on. Juice and smoothie bar as well as some coffee drinks. Some wine and craft-style beers and even a few items like Talavera ware, Provencal clot and some lotions and potions.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Quiche!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here on our way out of town. He had the ham and cheese quiche, while I had the one with tomato, spinach and goat cheese. Both were yummy, light and airy with a fantastic flakey crust, a great way to end our stay in Bisbee!

Sahuarita, AZ
“good food at unique place”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The food here is consistently good at a fair price. The setup is definitely unique, with the way you order and pay. There are no tickets.
My wife and I ate here twice on a recent visit. I had one of their freshly made pizzas which was calling my name from their front case. My wife had a chicken salad salad. We both thought they were excellent. The next morning we came back for Breakfast. I had the strata savory bread pudding with sausage. I don't think I had ever eaten anything quite like this, but is was very tasty. I loved it! I guess I would say that this is a very cool, kind of funky place with a unique vibe. Check it out...you can't go wrong!

• Visited May 2014