“Mixed bag in Bisbee”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Nerja, Spain
“Mixed bag in Bisbee”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

For people living in Bisbee who have never eaten Vietnamese food this place must be a revelation. For those of us who have had the pleasure of enjoying this alluring cuisine in other places where perhaps there is a bit more competition, Thuy's falls short. Giving credit where it's due, the cold rolls are very good. They are prepared freshly in front of you by a person who is obviously quite expert at the task. No problem there at all. Everything kind of went south with the fried noodles. I have never been served such an unappealing, gloppy mess in my life. It reminded me of something I might have attempted on a very late night in college after some serious partying. We got our food as take out because Thuy's, like all restaurants in Bisbee closes very early. If I could have taken this dish back, I would have demanded my money back. Awful.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Campodog

Chicago, Illinois
“Phooey on Thuy's?”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Well, if this was my daughter's review, perhaps. But her favorite Vietnamese spot is in Des Plaines, Illinois and nothing measures up in her opinion, esp. concerning Beef Pho soup. She contends that the broth was thicker than she likes, noodles gooey, and quality of beef not up to her expectations. However, my Chicken Pho was good...very tasty and filling (my daughter agrees)-hence the very good rating. We also had an order of unusual meat eggrolls...also very tasty. We both really enjoyed watching Thuy (the owner and only cook) create the food - quickly and with fresh herbs. This is a tiny place with a limited menu, but glad we tried it.

• Visited April 2014
Mountain View, California
“Foodie Heaven”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We sure didn't expect really delicious Vietnamese food in Bisbee, but our dinner was excellent. We had the chicken pho (soup) and the chicken curry. Both were fantastic. And the prices were really good too. We are foodies who love Vietnamese food, and this place hit the spot. Highly recommended. The only caveat is that it is a hole in the wall, but as long as you aren't looking for a fancy dinner you'll be very happy.

• Visited April 2014
Green Valley, Arizona
“Yumm-m-m”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Our first visit and we were so pleased with Thuy's pho and chicken curry. The wonderfully fresh veg. toppings for the beef pho were beautiful and the herbs so fragrant. This is a tiny place with very friendly and helpful staff. WE loved it!

• Visited March 2014
Bisbee, Arizona
“Very tasty, authentic, happy place”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have visited Thuy's at least half a dozen times and have enjoyed the food and the staff very much. Don't miss this place! Thuy is an EXCELLENT cook, and is also an extremely kind and talented woman. EMily (from Tin Can Tourists) normally works the cash register, and she always has a gracious and lovely smile on her face and is more than willing to answer any questions you may have about the menu. I LOVE this place. It is very hot in there during the summer months, because the sun hits the dining area full force most of the day, and I don't think there is air conditioning, so I suggest getting a carry out. They take great care to package your carry out in a manner that prevents spillage, and always include the necessary utensils if requested. In my opinion, this quaint and lovely place is a beautiful reflection of what our town is all about. Prices are reasonable, and the ingredients are extremely fresh!

Visited March 2014

Been to Thuy's Noodle Shop? Share your experiences!